April 28, 2024, 06:12:51 PM

Author Topic: Library of the White Spires Needs You!  (Read 4855 times)

ExcaliburTK

• Curator of the White Spires
  • Playtester
  • Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
Library of the White Spires Needs You!
« on: June 11, 2017, 02:02:14 AM »
Hello Everyone :) ExcaliburTK here. The shelves of the library are looking very empty so I am happy to announce an event. For the next month anyone who submits a book to me will be rewarded with a banana sticker from Coshade. In addition i will be posting about some or all of the books submitted so we can have some awesome discussions regarding everyone's creations. To submit a book just post it on the forum and then send me a PM with the link and i will get it added as soon as possible. If anyone has any question feel free to ask. and also just as a reminder there is also libraries for both academy and domination so send be those too if you'd like. thank you every one!

Biblofilter

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
Re: Library of the White Spires Needs You!
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2017, 05:06:54 AM »
Great idea!

I always wanted a Banana Sticker anyway :)

• Favourite Mage: Wychwood Druid
"Töten". "Alles Töten".
Best strat advice ever

DaveW

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2017, 08:34:51 PM »
So close to Origins and GenCon? Some people have secrets these days :)
  • Favourite Mage: Asyra Priestess

silverclawgrizzly

• Charlotte Mage Warrior
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2017, 09:33:47 PM »
I'm not competing in anything big til Mace. I'll put my Straywood up when I get home.
  • Favourite Mage: Straywood Beastmaster
What we must all remember is no matter the game we were all newbies at one point.

zot

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2017, 10:14:40 PM »
Will you be making to origins this week?

silverclawgrizzly

• Charlotte Mage Warrior
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2017, 10:44:18 PM »
I'm very sorry to say I will not be able to make it to Origins this weekend. My vacation request was denied and given that I was off this past weekend for a local con fundraising event and called off to go to my brothers graduation I didn't feel comfortable pushing my luck at the office.
  • Favourite Mage: Straywood Beastmaster
What we must all remember is no matter the game we were all newbies at one point.

ExcaliburTK

• Playtester
  • Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2017, 11:36:25 AM »
Good point DaveW, you could always send me a secondary book and then after gen con change the book out if you'd like. ;D

Also to everyone else I bumped up the original post about the rules and structure of the library. thanks  :)

DaveW

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2017, 08:53:39 PM »
What happens to books that are submitted that no longer are legal for whatever reason? We have had the training change on the Wizard, and certain spells have become more limited in number in terms of legal quantities in the books in the past... so it is possible that similar changes may happen again.

Also, should spells be changed, certain spellbooks may become less powerful. Wizard's Tower comes to mind as one example. Should spellbooks that win championships that lead to revisions be maintained on the list?
  • Favourite Mage: Asyra Priestess

Sailor Vulcan

• Secret Identity: Imaginator
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2017, 08:40:06 AM »
What happens to books that are submitted that no longer are legal for whatever reason? We have had the training change on the Wizard, and certain spells have become more limited in number in terms of legal quantities in the books in the past... so it is possible that similar changes may happen again.

Also, should spells be changed, certain spellbooks may become less powerful. Wizard's Tower comes to mind as one example. Should spellbooks that win championships that lead to revisions be maintained on the list?
Personally I'm in favor of having some competitive block formats with the erratas. It would be interesting to see how things would have looked in an older competitive meta if it had the erratas, and then the spellbooks built for  a such a meta would be much more  useful to newer players too.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320A using Tapatalk

• Favourite Mage: Salenia Forcemaster
I am Sailor Vulcan! Champion of justice and reason! And yes, I am already aware my uniform is considered flashy, unprofessional, and borderline sexually provocative for my species by most intelligent lifeforms. I did not choose this outfit. Shut up.

bigfatchef

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2017, 12:20:51 PM »
In my eyes the library should represent up to date books only. Older stuff that doesn't work anymore (shift of meta or because of errata) should move on to an archive folder or something

Puddnhead

• Member of Arcane Duels; MageCast Co-host
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2017, 02:31:44 PM »
In my eyes the library should represent up to date books only. Older stuff that doesn't work anymore (shift of meta or because of errata) should move on to an archive folder or something

I suppose it depends on your view of libraries. The Library of Congress contains every book ever written (supposedly) and I can assure you that many of those are quite out of date.

Libraries in my mind are both currently useful and repositories of history. Having a place where someone could peruse the history of competitive Mage Wars sounds pretty awesome to me, but it would have to be clear to the reader which books are illegal.
  • Favourite Mage: Salenia Forcemaster

ExcaliburTK

• Playtester
  • Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 13, 2017, 02:48:52 PM »
Thanks for the questions DaveW. Books that are currently illegal are noted, and if any current book in the legendary section becomes illegal that isn't already it will be noted. And user submitted books will be marked if promos are used and should be up to date on errata, but will be marked if tournament illegal.

Thanks for the input bigfatchef. The library was originally made to showcase tournament winning books so we would like to continue doing so. As for the second and third sections we would like to keep those up to date spellbook wise. The second section will be coming shortly after gen con. And the third section  is up to the community to stay up to date.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2017, 02:57:09 PM by ExcaliburTK »