V10lentray

• Member of Arcane Duels
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
Siren
« on: May 11, 2017, 12:03:12 PM »
I have no idea what to do with the Siren.... I want to like her, but I'm so lost.

Spawn point, no spawn point?

Harp thing to increase the songs, no harp thing.

Do I play heave songs / control build or go Shark blood thirsty push agro.

Mage wand / shift enchantment to move the songs or not. If so I need a 3rd hand or no spawn point, or no harp thing.

Do I go Pirates, Do I go Sharks, do I go merren?

Kraken, no Kraken? when do I play the Kracken? Do I give it wings? (of course you give it wings, how cool is that!)

Do I go water, or Swamp? Do I play with Crabs or Crocodiles or not?
  • Favourite Mage: Wychwood Druid

Biblofilter

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
Re: Siren
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2017, 12:19:38 PM »
So much fun :)

Having a tuff time making her work as well.

"Töten". "Alles Töten".
Best strat advice ever

Reddicediaries

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
  • Out of the ashes, a new power will rise.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2017, 01:13:37 PM »
Play with a few bigs or go for having more damage output when they engage.
The Phoenix shall rise.

V10lentray

• Member of Arcane Duels
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2017, 01:27:03 PM »
I think I want go with Sharks, push effects and things that make people bleed.

Reddicediaries

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2017, 02:02:23 PM »
I have no idea what to do with the Siren.... I want to like her, but I'm so lost.

Mage wand / shift enchantment to move the songs or not. If so I need a 3rd hand or no spawn point, or no harp thing.

Kraken, no Kraken? when do I play the Kracken? Do I give it wings? (of course you give it wings, how cool is that!)

Most of the questions your asking are not really answerable tbh. You need to try her out and see what works for you.
All we can do is give you suggestions; we can't tell you what to do, it's up to you to test.
The Phoenix shall rise.

Reddicediaries

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2017, 02:41:30 PM »

There is no one way to play a mage. Siren can really do anything she wants.
Tbh, druid is the least flexible mage in how she can build a book bc her plants and mage specific cards are REALLY limited. More or less 90% of druids I see have the same 100-110 sbp.
The Phoenix shall rise.

V10lentray

• Member of Arcane Duels
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2017, 02:51:44 PM »

Tbh, druid is the least flexible mage in how she can build a book bc her plants and mage specific cards are REALLY limited. More or less 90% of druids I see have the same 100-110 sbp.

I don't know about 100-110 points.

In that same thought, how many cards are auto include in every book (hurl boulder, Force hammer, Acid Ball, Dispel, Seeking Dispel, Dissolve, Brace yourself, block, nullify, Force push, Teleport, Lesser Teleport, leather gloves, leather boots, leather pants).

So in that vein, every book has the same 40-50 points.

Reddicediaries

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2017, 02:54:22 PM »

In that same thought, how many cards are auto include in every book (hurl boulder, Force hammer, Acid Ball, Dispel, Seeking Dispel, Dissolve, Brace yourself, block, nullify, Force push, Teleport, Lesser Teleport, leather gloves, leather boots, leather pants).

All the leather, the big dmg spells, brace yourself, block, lesser teleport, nullify, acid ball, force push are all not auto includes imo.
You should NEVER include a card becasue you include in every book unless it is seeking dispel, dispel, teleport, or dissolve. You need to think about what works with the mage.
The Phoenix shall rise.

RomeoXero

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2017, 03:58:48 PM »
I don't know what your bugging out about Red, mages go out if school all the time! Warlocks do it, wizards do it, warlords kinda have to do it, but everyone's scathing indictment of the druid is that she's stuck on a plant focus. My best druid book goes out of school for creatures, enchantments, equipment, incantations and attack spells. Build your druid however you want. Put a minotaur in there of that's what you want! Your bones will make it tough to run from, and it'll get that charge bonus every time with a pair of thornlashers moving stuff into position. If you can think it, try it. See what's awesome about it, see what sucks and how to change it. There's flexibility in every mage, but many are unwilling to try. Go for it i say!

Ps. If there are a lot of prevalent plants across the druidic book building spectrum, it's because those plants are really fucking good! Don't be jelly that you gotta pay 4 sp for that corrosive orchid. ;)
I love this game. Its awesome!

Reddicediaries

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2017, 04:51:45 PM »
I don't know what your bugging out about Red, mages go out if school all the time! Warlocks do it, wizards do it, warlords kinda have to do it, but everyone's scathing indictment of the druid is that she's stuck on a plant focus. My best druid book goes out of school for creatures, enchantments, equipment, incantations and attack spells. Build your druid however you want. Put a minotaur in there of that's what you want! Your bones will make it tough to run from, and it'll get that charge bonus every time with a pair of thornlashers moving stuff into position. If you can think it, try it. See what's awesome about it, see what sucks and how to change it. There's flexibility in every mage, but many are unwilling to try. Go for it i say!

Ps. If there are a lot of prevalent plants across the druidic book building spectrum, it's because those plants are really fucking good! Don't be jelly that you gotta pay 4 sp for that corrosive orchid. ;)
I'm essentially saying put in cards that work well with your mage. They could be in or out of school.
The Phoenix shall rise.

bigfatchef

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2017, 05:50:16 PM »

All the leather, the big dmg spells, brace yourself, block, lesser teleport, nullify, acid ball, force push are all not auto includes imo.
You should NEVER include a card becasue you include in every book unless it is seeking dispel, dispel, teleport, or dissolve. You need to think about what works with the mage.
Agree!

A druid needs more teleports to support rooted creatures. All those who are afraid of the druids tree need at least one fireball or flameblast. Those who are helpless agains high armor builds need some waterattacks against a forge and a hardcore rush ignores all dispels since dot doesn't bother them.

-> staples are spells that are good in many cases, but in the end they still have to fit your strategies and weaknesses and worst-enemy-scenario. And in some card a barely used card can do the job better than the standard staple!