April 18, 2024, 06:46:28 PM

Author Topic: Safest Conjurations?  (Read 5595 times)

farkas1

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
Safest Conjurations?
« on: April 28, 2017, 02:41:15 PM »
After watching several matches online, seeing threats of certain conjurations being at various level of degree. 

I wanted to ask the forums the question what are some of the safest conjurations in the game?  Safest meaning conjurations that would get ignored and not targeted for an attack.

Obviously some walls, war machines, and even spawn points would be high targets.  Idol of Pestilence and Deathlok are some of the highest threats in the game.   Some like Pillar of Righteous Flames is a big threat that you just have to ignore as far as attacking because it can't be targeted for an attack.   

I just want to know what you all think. 

Imo I think Hand of Bim-Shalla is one of the safest.  It has a low cost wise mana and spellbook point wise.  It has a few awesome things it could do but does not seem to be a game breaking strategy because it is unique and you can't cast multiple ones at the same time.  So I don't think it would be focused on at all my most mages.  I could be wrong, but I think it may be one of the safest conjurations in the game.
  • Favourite Mage: Straywood Beastmaster

Sailor Vulcan

• Secret Identity: Imaginator
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
Re: Safest Conjurations?
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2017, 02:54:52 PM »
Temple of the Dawnbreaker

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Favourite Mage: Salenia Forcemaster
I am Sailor Vulcan! Champion of justice and reason! And yes, I am already aware my uniform is considered flashy, unprofessional, and borderline sexually provocative for my species by most intelligent lifeforms. I did not choose this outfit. Shut up.

Biblofilter

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2017, 02:57:28 PM »
I think Hand of Bim-Shalla gets well deserved attention in most of my games.

Mana Crystal and Mana Flowers seems to go more or less unmolested in most games.

And then there's nature totems and stuff like Etherian Lifetree.

• Favourite Mage: Wychwood Druid
"Töten". "Alles Töten".
Best strat advice ever

silverclawgrizzly

• Charlotte Mage Warrior
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2017, 04:06:41 PM »
I typically don't go after mana generators. I normally leave spawn points alone.
  • Favourite Mage: Straywood Beastmaster
What we must all remember is no matter the game we were all newbies at one point.

bigfatchef

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2017, 06:32:04 PM »
I would never try to destroy a gate to hell ...  8)

RomeoXero

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2017, 07:14:55 PM »
 Construction yard usually gets completely ignored, as does altar of carnage. Lair almost always gets ignored as well due to the copious amount of actions and mana that usually go into killing one.
  • Favourite Mage: Wychwood Druid
I love this game. Its awesome!

Beldin

• The Craziest
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2017, 04:25:16 AM »
I've killed crystals and flowers before if I have seen that they need that extra one channeling to cast angels every turn, or of course if I move inot a zone and have nothing else to do then ill attack it. It depends on how vital the conjuration is to the opponents plan is mostly however. It the same with everything else. Can I ignore it or does it need to go?

The Dude

• Hitchhiker of sorts
  • Playtester
  • Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 5
  • It's like... good gracious...bodacious.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2017, 02:57:01 PM »
Killing mana generators is great if you do it before they profit off of it (before round 4-5), AND if you can do it while not stalling your opening. Ergo, it's probably best only to kill channelers if that is a part of your game plan. Deviating except in extreme circumstance kills your tempo.
  • Favourite Mage: Johktari Beastmaster
Always carry a towel...

Sailor Vulcan

• Secret Identity: Imaginator
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2017, 03:52:27 PM »
Is there ever any good reason to cast a crystal at any point after round 2 under any circumstances and if so what would it be?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320A using Tapatalk

• Favourite Mage: Salenia Forcemaster
I am Sailor Vulcan! Champion of justice and reason! And yes, I am already aware my uniform is considered flashy, unprofessional, and borderline sexually provocative for my species by most intelligent lifeforms. I did not choose this outfit. Shut up.

DaveW

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2017, 04:44:37 PM »
To fill a zone with a Zone Exclusive against something like a Temple Priestess or Warlord who is trying to get a few more Outposts on the board?
  • Favourite Mage: Asyra Priestess

bigfatchef

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2017, 05:33:55 PM »
To fill a zone with a Zone Exclusive against something like a Temple Priestess or Warlord who is trying to get a few more Outposts on the board?
Good one!

Also if you are planning a long game and that window opened after the first rounds (you see what's coming and adapt to set yourself in a better position)