April 16, 2024, 09:50:02 AM

Author Topic: Road of Battle (Standard Arena custom map)  (Read 6564 times)

Sailor Vulcan

• Secret Identity: Imaginator
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
Road of Battle (Standard Arena custom map)
« on: April 01, 2017, 10:10:45 PM »
I know this isn't a domination map, but I don't think it makes sense to put it in the general section. This is a standard arena map I just made tonight. Would love to get some feedback on it. Hope you like it.

Thanks!

Note: in order to prevent wall cheese from wrecking havoc on the game balance of this map, I am considering what house rule should be used to do that. I have been considering a one-use "trampoline" which can allow a creature trapped in a corner without a secret passage the ability to jump over the walls, which breaks after one or two uses. The other house rule I am considering is to make extending a wall cost an extra 2 mana.

Edit1: sorry it seems I forgot to include the map in this post. Somehow the picture was too big and I forgot how to make it smaller. I will upload the picture later today.

Edit2: There is another potential solution to the wall cheese problem that I thought of and I would like your thoughts on it. If I put two new zones into the map, each with a secret passage at b-1 and at b5, it will be harder to trap your creatures in those zones because the secret passages and the fact that they are all the way across the arena from each other so a wall can't be extended over both of them. By the time the enemy mage gets there to cast a wall, your creature has already moved through the secret passage and out of the secret passage zones.

Edit3: Secret passages only connect with secret passages directly across the arena from them (N-S, and E-W).

Edits 2 and 3 worked excellently! SUCESS! Hope you like the final map. Have fun!
« Last Edit: January 09, 2018, 07:55:46 PM by Sailor Vulcan »
  • Favourite Mage: Salenia Forcemaster
I am Sailor Vulcan! Champion of justice and reason! And yes, I am already aware my uniform is considered flashy, unprofessional, and borderline sexually provocative for my species by most intelligent lifeforms. I did not choose this outfit. Shut up.