April 25, 2024, 02:54:35 PM

Author Topic: Sunfire Amulet + Siren?  (Read 10632 times)

Arkdeniz

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
  • Hated by the Dice
    • View Profile
Re: Sunfire Amulet + Siren?
« Reply #15 on: April 24, 2017, 11:25:39 PM »
Had a great surprise win using a Necromancer playing a Sunfire Amulet and an Idol of Pestilence round one. Essentially meant I was getting +2 life difference every turn which made the enemy come straight in, into a barrage of Drain Souls and Drain Lifes.

Magical.

In that particular instance it was well worth the SBP it cost me. 
  • Favourite Mage: Darkfenne Necromancer
"Frost damage is a scam an armor dealer invented once to make a Beastmaster buy a new fur" - Exid

'No! Winter is coming." - Elementalist

V10lentray

• Member of Arcane Duels
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 25, 2017, 01:19:18 PM »
I hadn't considered Regenerate cards within this and looked at straight life:life benchmarks. I do concede that it is a high SBP option, however as I keep stating if it is the correct tool for the job in that build then it is worth those points.

It's really not that bad in terms of SBP. Sure for the Siren it would be 4 points, but for any other mage it's 3 points.
  • Favourite Mage: Wychwood Druid

Borg

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 26, 2017, 02:13:38 AM »
It's really not that bad in terms of SBP. Sure for the Siren it would be 4 points, but for any other mage it's 3 points.

Actually, it's 5 sbp's for a Necromancer, as well as for Both Warlocks.
  • Favourite Mage: Salenia Forcemaster

bigfatchef

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 26, 2017, 02:57:13 AM »

Actually, it's 5 sbp's for a Necromancer, as well as for Both Warlocks.

And especially the warlock can get use out of it when playing Mhgeddon!

Pritoos

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 26, 2017, 11:07:04 AM »
I have included Sunfire in my siren book a few weeks ago, but I could not try it yet. Today will be my first try. I will tell.

What I like from this is: being the siren a fair flexible mage, this move does not define your strategy too much, and you can act from there according to your best interest against this or that move from your oponent.

I mean, if you see a jokthari, and you begin with sunfire+crystal, you gain time to see if he plays lair or not, so decide if you play turn 2 echo or turn 3 elemental...

As pointed above by arkdeniz (but for his necro), another option for siren could be Sunfire+Idol+shallow sea... that will force anyone but a necro to attack your siren. But...