March 29, 2024, 05:41:55 AM

Author Topic: Eye of Bael on opponent!?  (Read 5807 times)

Jan

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
Eye of Bael on opponent!?
« on: March 12, 2017, 04:03:12 PM »
Hello there,

what about casting Eye of Bael (3 Mana only!) on the enemys mage (if he is NOT the warlock himself).
He/She will get 1 damage every turn, so has to get rid of it with crumble or casting an equipment with the same slot (only wispwillow amulet at the moment).

I dont know if this was intended by the devs, but it seems REALY bad for the opponent.

Greetings,
Jan

Coshade

• Arcane Duels Host
  • Administrator
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 6
    • View Profile
    • Arcane Duels!
Re: Eye of Bael on opponent!?
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2017, 08:50:23 PM »
This is a known strategy and was intended! Good eye for catching the tactic!
  • Favourite Mage: Malakai Priest

Jan

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2017, 01:33:35 PM »
Thanks for commenting.
Interesting. This + the curse item...

One question:
The enemy puts Eye of Bael on my mage. Now i cast wispwillow amulet on my mage to get rid of Eye of Bael. As it's stated in the rules, the item on this slot (Eye of Bael) now goes back into my Spellbook. "Back" is wrong, but i would think this is the correct way to play it. Right?

Thanks,
Jan

Puddnhead

• Member of Arcane Duels; MageCast Co-host
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2017, 10:34:38 PM »
This is incorrect. Eye of Bael would go back into its owner's spellbook. ie your opponent's. He would not be able to replace your wispwillow amulet, but could bide his time until it dissipated.
  • Favourite Mage: Salenia Forcemaster

jacksmack

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2017, 05:38:03 AM »
owner and controller is not always the same.

A mage controls the equipment attached to him. Playing equipment on the enemy mages will make him the controller, but you are still the owner.
If he later summons another piece of equipment that goes into the same slot, then the replaced equipment goes back to the spellbook it originally came from.

You can only replace equipment in already equipped slots on your OWN mage.
So you cannot replace the enemy moonglow amulet with an eye of bael.

Ravepig

• Ambassador
  • Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2017, 08:25:39 AM »
So, to add to this strategy, one could cast Eye of Bael on opponent mage, then cast Curse Item so now the opponent mage cannot just simply replace the cursed item. He has to either remove the curse first with a dispel and then can replace item, or he is forced to dissolve or crumble the item. Is this correct? If it is, that is 3 points of damage per upkeep phase basically forcing the opponent mage to take action against the cursed equipment. 
  • Favourite Mage: Wychwood Druid
No tree, it is said, can grow to heaven unless its roots reach down to hell. – Carl Jung

Borg

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2017, 08:32:08 AM »
So, to add to this strategy, one could cast Eye of Bael on opponent mage, then cast Curse Item so now the opponent mage cannot just simply replace the cursed item. He has to either remove the curse first with a dispel and then can replace item, or he is forced to dissolve or crumble the item. Is this correct? If it is, that is 3 points of damage per upkeep phase basically forcing the opponent mage to take action against the cursed equipment.
Nah.
Your opponent will just choose to destroy the eye during upkeep thanks to the curse item.
This will cost you two actions and 9 mana and net you nothing ;)
« Last Edit: March 14, 2017, 10:11:27 AM by Borg »
  • Favourite Mage: Salenia Forcemaster