April 18, 2024, 08:11:43 PM

Author Topic: MMO play by post Text Academy duels!  (Read 3683 times)

Sailor Vulcan

• Secret Identity: Imaginator
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
MMO play by post Text Academy duels!
« on: March 02, 2017, 06:56:27 PM »
Build a 10-spellpoint academy deck. Your mage's life stat is lowered by 10. You can join the game at any time, you don't have to wait for it to finish.
When your mage dies you can respawn immediately. When you respawn, all your cards are returned to your spellbook, all your condition markers are removed, all damage is removed from your mage, and your mana is set back to your starting mana plus channeling.

You can leave the game whenever you feel like stopping, and you can jump back in whenever!

Have fun!

Note: It is your responsibility to keep track of your own channeling, mana and upkeep effects, as well as to know what your own cards do and anything else regarding spells and objects under your control. You also must do your own setup rounds before you post. No one is going to wait around while you prepare to enter the fray.

Also be courteous to other players and give them a chance to take a turn sometimes too. Don't monopolize the action phase.

Also if you want to keep track of your daily win/loss rate simply subtract the number of times your mage died from the number of times you killed a mage.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2017, 10:43:41 PM by Sailor Vulcan »
  • Favourite Mage: Salenia Forcemaster
I am Sailor Vulcan! Champion of justice and reason! And yes, I am already aware my uniform is considered flashy, unprofessional, and borderline sexually provocative for my species by most intelligent lifeforms. I did not choose this outfit. Shut up.

keejchen

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
Re: MMO play by post Text Academy duels!
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2017, 06:19:58 AM »
I'll bite. So how do we play?
  • Favourite Mage: Sortilege Wizard

Sailor Vulcan

• Secret Identity: Imaginator
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
Re: MMO play by post Text Academy duels!
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2017, 08:00:06 PM »
I'll bite. So how do we play?

Just build a ten spell point academy spellbook, do your setup rounds and then post what you've got in play. Probably good idea to have one row for each creature. Zone enchants can go in their own shared row at the bottom. Also good idea to use abbreviations.

examples:

Bm LCh
WwH1 FD enchant
WwH2

Prsts
TmplSntr
EhrPal
CrcPro

Doesn't really matter what abbreviations you use or how you organize your post as long as it's clear what cards you have in play and what's attached to what.

It probably helps to have the cards youve got in play out in front of you IRL in order to keep track of things better but I'm not sure that's absolutely necessary.

Then each subsequent post you make will be a creature activation. Once you've run out of creatures to activate, say "end my round" and then wait for all the other currently active players to finish their rounds too. After about 30-60 sec of inactivity if no one posts a creature activation or says they're done with the  round, you can start the next round.

This might be easier to do on our discord channel.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2017, 08:11:09 PM by Sailor Vulcan »
  • Favourite Mage: Salenia Forcemaster
I am Sailor Vulcan! Champion of justice and reason! And yes, I am already aware my uniform is considered flashy, unprofessional, and borderline sexually provocative for my species by most intelligent lifeforms. I did not choose this outfit. Shut up.