April 29, 2024, 06:11:39 AM

Author Topic: Teir mages!  (Read 3986 times)

Reddicediaries

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
  • Out of the ashes, a new power will rise.
    • View Profile
Teir mages!
« on: February 21, 2017, 05:12:14 PM »
What does everyone think are the mages in which teir and why?
!: Wizard, Necro, Druid, Paladin, Forcemaster
2: Both Beastmaster's Priest, Priestess, both warlocks, AT warlord, siren
3: BW warlord
The Phoenix shall rise.

Sailor Vulcan

• Secret Identity: Imaginator
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
Re: Teir mages!
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2017, 09:25:23 PM »
After seeing enough of these mage tier systems that people propose on these forums, you start to notice that no one can agree on it *at all*. It might be more informative to ask players what mages they are best at playing and what mages they are best at playing against.

I'm best with forcemaster and wizard. Not sure there's a mage that I'm best at playing against.
  • Favourite Mage: Salenia Forcemaster
I am Sailor Vulcan! Champion of justice and reason! And yes, I am already aware my uniform is considered flashy, unprofessional, and borderline sexually provocative for my species by most intelligent lifeforms. I did not choose this outfit. Shut up.

iNano78

• Ambassador
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 4
  • Playing face-to-face in Ottawa again soon
    • View Profile
    • Ottawa/Gatineau Mage Wars (FB group)
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2017, 10:06:51 PM »
After seeing enough of these mage tier systems that people propose on these forums, you start to notice that no one can agree on it *at all*. It might be more informative to ask players what mages they are best at playing and what mages they are best at playing against.

I'm best with forcemaster and wizard. Not sure there's a mage that I'm best at playing against.

This is a good point. My experience (eg a combination of my own win-loss record, opposing win-loss record, and my perceptions from spell book building and gedanken experiments, etc) would be:

1. Druid, Necromancer, Forcemaster, Wizard
2. Arraxian Crown Warlock, Straywood Beastmaster, Paladin, Priestess
3. Siren, Anvil Throne Warlord, Adramelech Warlock
4. Bloodwave Warlord, Johktari Beastmaster, Priest

Roughly in that order (from top left to bottom right). For rows 2-4, the last Mage in one row and the first in the next row aren't far apart and could easily swap positions.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2017, 12:28:01 PM by iNano78 »

Pritoos

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2017, 08:06:41 AM »
I would say that one of the things I like more in MW is that any mage can definitely beat any other given the chance.

But it´s a nice exercise to share this kind of lists... sure we will not agree an absolute one, but some mages are at the top in every mind...

My list would be:

1.- Necro, Wizard, Forcemaster.
2.- Druid, Paladin, Arraxian, Straywood, Priestess.
3.- Adramelech, Siren, Jokthari, Anvil Throne
4.- Priest and Bloodwave.

Druid is often ranked tier 1 but I find the problem with fire is too big.

Since ballista is out, I am tempted to place Anvil Throne as 2.5 or something... 2 and 3 seem to have tight differences.

Super Sorcerer

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2017, 09:59:59 AM »
ב"ה
Well, it not really true that there is no agreement "at all". I think it is quite a consensus that bloodwave warlord is the worst mage.

I don't have a ranking of the mages. The mage that is most likely to totally overwhelm his opponent is the necromancer (too many builds that just totally fail against a necromancer), but I am not sure this necessarily makes him the best mage.

Sailor Vulcan

• Secret Identity: Imaginator
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2017, 10:10:03 AM »
ב"ה
Well, it not really true that there is no agreement "at all". I think it is quite a consensus that bloodwave warlord is the worst mage.

I don't have a ranking of the mages. The mage that is most likely to totally overwhelm his opponent is the necromancer (too many builds that just totally fail against a necromancer), but I am not sure this necessarily makes him the best mage.

Quite a consensus? *Maybe* before paladin versus siren was released. Now I'm not so sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I am Sailor Vulcan! Champion of justice and reason! And yes, I am already aware my uniform is considered flashy, unprofessional, and borderline sexually provocative for my species by most intelligent lifeforms. I did not choose this outfit. Shut up.

Pritoos

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2017, 11:25:11 AM »
Probably this post can help us knowing which consensus really exists.

up to now, there are some coincidences.