April 19, 2024, 07:54:07 PM

Author Topic: Larrick Druid!  (Read 2628 times)

Reddicediaries

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
  • Out of the ashes, a new power will rise.
    • View Profile
Larrick Druid!
« on: February 12, 2017, 02:37:25 PM »
Some Questions!
Are 6 tanglevines to much? They don't sync well with lashers?
6 Acid balls?
Basic dmg source?
Game Summary (maybe)
Basic deck overview?
The Phoenix shall rise.

Ravepig

• Ambassador
  • Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
Re: Larrick Druid!
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2017, 05:22:18 PM »
I primarily play druid and typically have 3-4 tanglevines and never more than 2 acid balls. I don't recall once thinking, "gee, I wish I had more tanglevines or acid balls." But, I suppose it depends on your strategy and play-style.
  • Favourite Mage: Wychwood Druid
No tree, it is said, can grow to heaven unless its roots reach down to hell. – Carl Jung

littlenog

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2017, 07:39:00 AM »
I prefer to play to a classes strengths and a druids is board control.

People normally throw 2 tangles vines in a book if they are able but as a nature mage with a spawn point that can cast them for me with no loss of action they are great Deployment phase actions.  Also don't forget tanglevines remove GUARD/INTERCEPT because the restrain.  ;)

I did not have any other attack spells in the book so 6 spell points in acid ball had one purpose to make sure that there was no armor on my targets.  It also helped when I needed to kill constructs.

The lashers were for pulling creatures and mages into bad positions when you mix it with tanglevines it means that other creatures might not be able to come help.  Or eat a teleport which is in most cases a 4 spell point spell.

On the book as a whole I would add an elemental wand a 2nd bear and a 2nd teleport I would also put in at least 2 hurl boulders.  I might have taken 1st place if I had the boulders. 

Druid is the only class that can deal damage with a mage wand via burst of thorns.  There are some exceptions but the cost benefit of burst of thorns is hard to beat, and the bleeds are a very nice bonus.

MrBubu

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2017, 03:31:47 AM »
I love a lot of tanglevines. It keeps the enemy mage where your plants are and let's you get around guards.

littlenog

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2017, 07:58:56 AM »
For 1 sbp they are a really solid lockdown.  An at worst they take a few major actions to remove or a teleport.