April 28, 2024, 11:28:56 PM

Author Topic: Banking Enchantments  (Read 5152 times)

Reddicediaries

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
  • Out of the ashes, a new power will rise.
    • View Profile
Banking Enchantments
« on: January 30, 2017, 08:49:11 PM »
Not exactly like the blasting banker, but is banking enchantments a viable strat? What would its win condition be?
The Phoenix shall rise.

drmambo23

• Ambassador
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
Re: Banking Enchantments
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2017, 09:31:26 PM »
Like fatigue forcemaster? Or is the concept you're descibing different?
  • Favourite Mage: Salenia Forcemaster
https://www.instagram.com/pistillidesigns/
Instagram and Facebook - @pistillidesigns

Reddicediaries

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2017, 09:32:14 PM »
Like fatigue forcemaster? Or is the concept you're descibing different?
It is similar. But basically, keep all the enchants face down and bank the mana.
The Phoenix shall rise.

zot

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2017, 10:45:45 PM »
I have no idea what this blasting banker is, but yes I have had a mage that put down a large number of enchants and revealed as needed. It was a forcemaster. I had a tournament match where there were at least 14 enchantments on my mage. Not all of them were mine, but at least 9 or 10 were. It has been suggested that match is part of the reason arcane corruption was created, and perhaps harsh monolith.

I did win that tournament (was about 8- 10 or so players) back in 2013.

Reddicediaries

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2017, 10:47:58 PM »
I have no idea what this blasting banker is, but yes I have had a mage that put down a large number of enchants and revealed as needed. It was a forcemaster. I had a tournament match where there were at least 14 enchantments on my mage. Not all of them were mine, but at least 9 or 10 were. It has been suggested that match is part of the reason arcane corruption was created, and perhaps harsh monolith.

I did win that tournament (was about 8- 10 or so players) back in 2013.
Really, I thought everyone had. It is charmyna's most famous build, http://forum.arcanewonders.com/index.php?topic=13742.0
Were they buffs or debuffs (or both)?
The Phoenix shall rise.

zot

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2017, 10:55:11 PM »
Ah, I see. I really try to avoid reading about others books.

It was all buffs and protections. I was facing a warlock and had several curses on at the same time.

Was a fun match.

Reddicediaries

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2017, 10:56:10 PM »
Ah, I see. I really try to avoid reading about others books.

It was all buffs and protections. I was facing a warlock and had several curses on at the same time.

Was a fun match.
Well the book is not legal anymore, so no point in not reading it! ;)
The Phoenix shall rise.

RomeoXero

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2017, 11:01:19 PM »
Arguably Charmynas most famous build was the Watergate Wizard (at least im pretty sure its his). That having been said though, those builds are really old meta. They were awesome, but i haven't seen someone break out one in a match in a long time. There's been a ton of theorycrafting in the last few years and with the addition of new tech and errata having been made, the same premise doesnt hold up as well. One of the major meta changes happened because of books like this and purge magic starting popping up in books everywhere. That's still what you need to be concerned about now in the current meta i believe. Purge magic is still out in force and seeking dispel is back in almost every book because of arcane ward. Often SD is packed in 2s and a mage wand with one can go pretty far without curtailing a mages plans too much.

Enchantment stacking is very powerful but an enchantment does nothing until it's flipped, so timing will be everything. Im intrested to see what you find out
  • Favourite Mage: Wychwood Druid
I love this game. Its awesome!

Reddicediaries

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2017, 11:04:08 PM »
Arguably Charmynas most famous build was the Watergate Wizard (at least im pretty sure its his). That having been said though, those builds are really old meta. They were awesome, but i haven't seen someone break out one in a match in a long time. There's been a ton of theorycrafting in the last few years and with the addition of new tech and errata having been made, the same premise doesnt hold up as well. One of the major meta changes happened because of books like this and purge magic starting popping up in books everywhere. That's still what you need to be concerned about now in the current meta i believe. Purge magic is still out in force and seeking dispel is back in almost every book because of arcane ward. Often SD is packed in 2s and a mage wand with one can go pretty far without curtailing a mages plans too much.

Enchantment stacking is very powerful but an enchantment does nothing until it's flipped, so timing will be everything. Im intrested to see what you find out
That is why nully transfuse is for. ;)
Yes, timing is key. It will only come with practice.
The Phoenix shall rise.

zot

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2017, 11:06:30 PM »
just saying. purge magic was in my very first spell book and always in all competitive books. it just took the community elsewhere a while to catch up.

Reddicediaries

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2017, 11:07:56 PM »
just saying. purge magic was in my very first spell book and always in all competitive books. it just took the community elsewhere a while to catch up.
I have gone away from purge. It removes your enchants and I would perfer 2 dispel and 1 seeking.
The Phoenix shall rise.

zot

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2017, 11:09:01 PM »
it is for opponents, not my mage (usually) and of course would not use it when I had some on them.

Reddicediaries

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 30, 2017, 11:10:06 PM »
it is for opponents, not my mage (usually)
Still, I worry about the transfusion trick, Dispel is just more realible.
The Phoenix shall rise.

Pritoos

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 31, 2017, 11:07:49 AM »
The blasting banker would be more like an archetype than a build, woldnt?

I mean, the concept is adaptable for different mages and it has a strategy on its own, different from the others (turtle or rush, in example).

In that case, I believe it is perfectly available nowadays. Not obsolete at all.

Regarding banking enchanter, I tried something like that in jokhtari with felella, but I suffered a lot vs rush. The deck was slow to set up and had not enough areas. The bow helped but it can be dissolved (my last game with this deck my rival dissolved 3 bows).

You have to be heavily tooled vs rush, specially swarm rush. I came to 5-6 armor + veteran and still swarms killed me.

That goes for my jokthari, of course. Other enchant-heavy decks can do maybe better. But i find Felella is a nice tool for this, as she gives action and mana advantage, and can protect herself fine with glancing blow, dodge, etc. And I find jokhtari the best nature mage (felella is nature mage only) for this concept, as she can use some of the enchantments (hawkeye and akiro´s), and can use the bf quite fine (free action bow equipping). Also, the other 2 nature mages seemed oriented to creatures that somehow look like less worthy of enchantments.

If you try out another banker enchanter mage, please tell! I love aggrocontrol  ;D

Reddicediaries

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 31, 2017, 02:10:11 PM »
The blasting banker would be more like an archetype than a build, woldnt?

I mean, the concept is adaptable for different mages and it has a strategy on its own, different from the others (turtle or rush, in example).

In that case, I believe it is perfectly available nowadays. Not obsolete at all.

Regarding banking enchanter, I tried something like that in jokhtari with felella, but I suffered a lot vs rush. The deck was slow to set up and had not enough areas. The bow helped but it can be dissolved (my last game with this deck my rival dissolved 3 bows).

You have to be heavily tooled vs rush, specially swarm rush. I came to 5-6 armor + veteran and still swarms killed me.

That goes for my jokthari, of course. Other enchant-heavy decks can do maybe better. But i find Felella is a nice tool for this, as she gives action and mana advantage, and can protect herself fine with glancing blow, dodge, etc. And I find jokhtari the best nature mage (felella is nature mage only) for this concept, as she can use some of the enchantments (hawkeye and akiro´s), and can use the bf quite fine (free action bow equipping). Also, the other 2 nature mages seemed oriented to creatures that somehow look like less worthy of enchantments.

If you try out another banker enchanter mage, please tell! I love aggrocontrol  ;D
I worked best with Charmś build. Whenever he responds to my PM, I will truely know about the banker in this meta. The biggest advantage of the banker was its large spellbook. You can not build a banker with nearly as many cards now.
The Phoenix shall rise.