April 19, 2024, 06:15:33 PM

Author Topic: what are your most valuable or the best card in your opinion from LG  (Read 4447 times)

NightFurie

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
I think the conjuration minds eye is the best new spell in LG I made a force master just because of it, the ability to be able to cast spells across the arena like that is unmatched in the mage wars wrold and especially with the force master if you have some thought spores and some minds eyes out with a wall of thorns you can kill just about anything in the game if you can get the set up right.

silverclawgrizzly

• Charlotte Mage Warrior
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 4
    • View Profile
Re: what are your most valuable or the best card in your opinion from LG
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2017, 11:12:12 PM »
That's a tough one. I play Beast Master though so I'm gonna go with the spear.
  • Favourite Mage: Straywood Beastmaster
What we must all remember is no matter the game we were all newbies at one point.

Zuberi

• Rules Guru
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 57
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2017, 04:39:34 AM »
I really like cards that shake up the meta and change people's straetgies. For that reason, I'm really excited about Altar of Infernia, though I haven't seen it put to good use yet. So, Mind's Eye is currently my top pic, since it gives the Forcemaster an entirely new way to play and makes them feel like a brand new Mage almost. Honorable Mention to the cards Clear Mind and Critical Strike as they help to counter all the psychic effects going around and the armor stacking that was becoming a bit annoying, bringing some balance. They might not win for the most exciting spells, but I definitely have a lot of appreciation for them.

NightFurie

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2017, 09:33:02 AM »
yes I like altar of infernia to but I think people see it as a attacking conjuration when I think it's better at defending your own stuff because if you play against a solo mage build or a buddy build your usually gonna see a lot of melee buffs in those books but with the altar it really kills there dice rolling ability so if you just run creatures with high attacks for a base like knight of Westlock or mhghedden they don't really need melee buffs so it won't stop your strategy.

farkas1

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2017, 02:43:09 PM »
I'm gonna go a different route and say wall of Poison Gas.  I think this card is really cool that it has critical damage, 5-9 Daze, 10+ Cripple chance.  The daze potential is crazy good, its cool that Wizard has a wall now he can use.  The Necromancer and all undead are immune to it so they can walk right through.  2 spell book points are a little rough fro a Necromancer having to pay 4 for a wall but I think I will be using it in my books.  Seems like a fun time.
  • Favourite Mage: Straywood Beastmaster

Boocheck

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2017, 02:47:12 PM »
Critical Strike for me!!!
  • Favourite Mage: Bloodwave Warlord
I am one with the force, the force is with me! (Warlord is still my fav mage ;) )

iNano78

• Ambassador
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 4
  • Playing face-to-face in Ottawa again soon
    • View Profile
    • Ottawa/Gatineau Mage Wars (FB group)
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2017, 03:15:04 PM »
Reiterating what others have said, but categorizing... may I present the Lost Grimoire Academy Awards:

Strongest spell (but not terribly fun/interesting): Critical Strike
Honourable mention: Ballista

Most meta changing spell: Mind's Eye
Honourable mention: Chitin Armor (because it discourages Acid and makes Piercing or direct damage more important)

Most interesting spell (as in, I want to use this but I don't know how): Altar of Infernia
Honourable mention: Magma Golem

Spell that has found a place in the most books: Clear Mind (because Siren scares me)
Honourable mention: Meredia's Blessing (as in, goes in all my Nature books; and I've already played against a Goblin/Outpost Bloodwave Warlord sporting it to good effect!)

Most JOHNNY spell (fun but not necessarily good): Wall of Poison Gas (for my Necro... who can only afford 1 copy)
Honourable mention: Demonic Bloodlust (so good on a [mwcard=MWSTX2FFC02]Blood Demon[/mwcard] Warlock's "Blood Reaper" buddy with Demonic Link, etc)

Most TIMMMY spell!!! (flashy and thematic): Titanodon ("... SO BIG... SO STOMPY...!!!")
Honourable mention: Unstable Fire Imp (LOL)
« Last Edit: January 24, 2017, 03:18:51 PM by iNano78 »
  • Favourite Mage: Salenia Forcemaster

reddawn

• Playtester
  • Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2017, 04:47:32 PM »
Chitin Armor, Vorpal Blade, and Altar of Infernia are my nominations.  CA is easily the go-to armor, now, since it resists Acid Ball; Vorpal Blade gives us our first cheap, efficient weapon meant purely for damage; and AoI can shut-down an entire deck style, though it needs defending, preferably with Intercept and guards.
  • Favourite Mage: Arraxian Crown Warlock

Santar

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2017, 08:53:49 AM »
I like Waterfall Cloak: I hate Burn on me and it give -2 asid, us chitin armor.
Balista!- I'm new player, so now I can affor this promo. But only 2 copies? Sad...
Demonic Bloodlust- great! Like it!
Vorpal blade! Yes!!! And Spiked Buckler!!! Solo mages happy.
Critical Strike- I make my own "Brogan".
« Last Edit: February 12, 2017, 02:57:19 AM by Santar »

Beldin

• The Craziest
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2017, 09:12:03 AM »
I am a fan of wall poison gas mainly because it is the wall with most life in the game, taking into account that incorporeal effectively triples life against non ethereal attacks. Not a wall for all occasions but it does have its place.

littlenog

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2017, 01:56:06 PM »
I like critical strike.