April 23, 2024, 05:32:03 PM

Author Topic: Reverse Magic & Teleport  (Read 2210 times)

Milevan_Faent

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
Reverse Magic & Teleport
« on: January 19, 2017, 03:20:35 PM »
So, here's the scenario: I cast Teleport on myself, intending to go 2 zones away. The opponent uses Enchantment Transfusion and Reverse Magic in response. Since they make "new choices" and "pay additional costs", how does that work out in this case? Do I still have to pay 6 mana?

Halewijn

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 6
    • View Profile
Re: Reverse Magic & Teleport
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2017, 11:57:33 PM »
You still pay 6 mana, and he can choose to use your 2 zone teleport for "free" or pay 3 mana for each additional zone beyond 2.
  • Favourite Mage: Bloodwave Warlord
When in doubt kill it with fire? I never doubt and crush them right away.

Milevan_Faent

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2017, 02:10:44 AM »
You still pay 6 mana, and he can choose to use your 2 zone teleport for "free" or pay 3 mana for each additional zone beyond 2.

But can he teleport me less than 2 zones?

Zuberi

• Rules Guru
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 57
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2017, 02:20:28 AM »
Yes. He can choose any zone within range (0-2 zones from himself) and that he has line of sight to. If that moves you two or less zones, then the cost has already been paid for by you. If he moves you more than two zones, then he has to pay the difference. It might help to read the entry for Reverse Magic on page 41 of the Official Rules and Codex Supplement. The most important part though, I think, is this:

Quote from: Supplement
Current Text: "When this creature is targeted by an incantation or enchantment spell controlled by an opponent, you must reveal Reverse Magic during the Counter Spell Step. Redirect it back to the caster, who now becomes the target of the spell. You become the caster of that spell, and now control that spell, and may reselect any other choices the spell requires you to make. Recalculate the total mana cost of the spell; if the new cost is higher than the original cost, you must pay the difference. Then, destroy Reverse Magic."