March 29, 2024, 04:39:35 AM

Author Topic: Ritualist - new mage idea  (Read 6240 times)

drmambo23

• Ambassador
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
Ritualist - new mage idea
« on: January 18, 2017, 02:04:39 PM »
This my fun attempt at a custom mage and if course its a dark mage

Ritualist (Servant of Bael, Lord of Blood)
Trained in level 3 dark, 1 water, and "blood" spells [i cant think of a better term for this but for blood creatures etc]
Holy cost 3x
120 sbp
No armor
40 life
2 dice melee 9+ bleed
Channel 8
Blood bond - when you summon 1 living, non legendary creature lose life equal to the creatures level +2. You have life bond with this creature.  The blood bound creature gains blood thirsty +X where X is the creatures level and may heal 2 damage when attacking a creature with a bleed condition marker.  You only have 1 bllod bond at a time and may assign blood bond to a new target of this creature dies
Blood Spawn - when summoning a blood creature, Ritualist may pay half its mana value (rounded up) in mana and take x damage. X equals the remaining mana value left to cast the creature. This creature may spawn from the blood bound creature. If so place X bleed tokens on the blood boud creature where X is the level of the summoned creature.

Ritual dagger - equipment weapon slot level 2 dark - 9 mana
Ritualist only
3 dice melee 7+bleed
Ritualist may make the attack against himself. If so heal a friendly living or blood creature in his zone the ammount rolled.

Blood golem level 2 dark 3 water
"Blood" subtype
Non-living
14 mana
10 life no armor
Melee 4 dice
Transfuse X

Blood creatures have the trait transfuse X. Transfuse - during upkeep this creature heals damage equal to the number of bleed tokens in its zone.

Hemokinesis
Enchantment - targets bleeding non-mage creature
Level 3 dark 3 water
"Blood" subtype
2 place, 2X reveal
Upkeep X - X is the creatures level and is is paid by taking X damage
Like mind control but upkeep is paid in damage taken instead of mana and if all bleeds are removed the enchantment is destroyed. Can also be dispelled.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2017, 07:59:56 PM by drmambo23 »
  • Favourite Mage: Salenia Forcemaster
https://www.instagram.com/pistillidesigns/
Instagram and Facebook - @pistillidesigns

Super Sorcerer

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
Re: Ritualist - new mage idea
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2017, 01:01:34 PM »
ב"ה
I really like the idea :)
However, I have some questions:
Why is the Blood Golem a level 5 creature?
Blood bond seems too similar to the "Blood Reaper" ability of araxian crown warlock. I would keep the cost at creature level+1 (like blood reaper), but instead of giving "bloodthirsty" I would give a 7+ bleed on the effect die to all melee attacksa made by the blood bonded creature.
His weapon seems a lot weaker than the necromancer's weapon.
What would such a mage do against a necromancer, fighting mostly nonliving creatures that can't bleed?

drmambo23

• Ambassador
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2017, 03:05:22 PM »
Thanks man
And i guess the golem could be lvl 3 or 4? I just amped it up bc of the transfuse effect. No testing has been done so im not sure how great the effects are but in theory it sounds good.  But i could see it being lower.

I like that idea of giving it a bleed chance. But yeah, i had a tough time trying to make it different than bloodreaper.

And with the weapon i thought about 1. Making it 4 dice or 2. Making it vampiric
But this was a difficult one to make too

And against a necro just plan to have other creatures, skeletal knight, dark pact slater etc. They are in school and could be used in the book.  The blood spawn could still be used but blood bond is useless. But necro mirror matches are tough too! But dark and lvl water gives a lot of versatility.

You have any suggestions as to what you think would work well? Or any spells you think would be cool?

drmambo23

• Ambassador
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2017, 04:10:23 PM »
Ritualist (Servant of Bael, Lord of Blood)
Trained in level 3 dark, 1 water, and "blood" spells
Holy cost 3x
120 sbp
No armor
40 life
2 dice melee 9+ bleed
Channel 8

Blood bond - when you summon 1 living, non-legendary, non-epic creature, lose life equal to the creatures level +2. You have life bond with this creature.  The blood bound creature gains blood thirsty +X where X is the creatures level and 7+ Bleed.  You only have 1 blood bond at a time and may assign blood bond to a new target if this creature dies.

Blood Spawn - when summoning a blood creature, Ritualist may pay half its mana value (rounded up) in mana and take X damage. X equals the remaining mana value left to cast the creature. This creature may spawn from the blood bound creature. If so place X bleed tokens on the blood boud creature where X is the level of the summoned creature.

Blood creatures have the trait transfuse X. Transfuse - during upkeep this creature heals damage equal to the number of bleed tokens in its zone.

Making these look like cards is just an attempt to make them seem more like a tangible idea, and is also more pleasing to look at lol

Blood Dagger image:
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/564x/c4/7a/17/c47a170564330f6a969fbe29626aba0c.jpg

Blood Golem image:
http://paizo.com/image/content/PathfinderPlayerCompanion/PZO9450-BloodEidolon.jpg

Hemokinesis image:
http://img11.deviantart.net/6ee6/i/2012/251/e/8/blood_bender_by_moni158-d5dvq98.png

Side note, but not related to this mage: Demonic Possession (enchantment) - take control of a living creature, that creature gains the demon subtype, warlock only