April 25, 2024, 04:04:07 PM

Author Topic: Necro: Dispel and dissolve  (Read 3280 times)

Reddicediaries

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
  • Out of the ashes, a new power will rise.
    • View Profile
Necro: Dispel and dissolve
« on: January 14, 2017, 08:47:23 PM »
Why are so many necro's running 1 dispel and dissolve (Jamilia and JasonBournezombie just to name a few.)
The Phoenix shall rise.

silverclawgrizzly

• Charlotte Mage Warrior
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 4
    • View Profile
Re: Necro: Dispel and dissolve
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2017, 09:29:54 PM »
It's a "bare bones" approach hehehe. Note both those players are in the same city.
  • Favourite Mage: Straywood Beastmaster
What we must all remember is no matter the game we were all newbies at one point.

JasonBourneZombie

• Playtester
  • Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2017, 09:51:01 PM »
I can't speak well for anyone else. I'm something of a stickler for making books/decks/teams on my own and only occasionally letting others' personal opinions on what is normal prevail. I believe the word for that is obstinate...

That aside, my book runs with creatures being an absolutely all important first second and third line of offense. In comparison to Jamillia, my mage runs and hides. I don't get in people's face to curse or drain soul. My trick is a well placed teleport into the horde. With that in mind, if I've gotten close to the enemy mage or his creatures, I've messed up or am about to play the game as carefully as I can. That one dispel and dissolve are there only to radically realign the scales, not to shift them a little bit at a time.
  • Favourite Mage: Darkfenne Necromancer
...ergh...argh...

drmambo23

• Ambassador
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2017, 10:12:07 PM »
As a necro player i would only run 2 dispels and 3 dissolves at most but it mostly was 2.  You dont have to worry about Na
any DOT hardly and as a zombie necro your creatures are undead and resilient. There is a handful of enchants that can hurt them (curse of decay, chains of agony just to name a few) and the necro is out of the fight so much there is no need for them hardly.  And getting close to the enemy is something you dont do often so dissolves are not that handy. A sunfire amulet or vet belt etc are to bring attention but other than that just let your creatures take care of the enemy.

Since your creatures are so tough and your mage is poison immune you can afford to save sbp on dispels and invest in other areas. Dissolve bc you are not in the action and only have 1 or 2 of the enemy rushes.

Thats my take on it from a necro standpoint.
  • Favourite Mage: Salenia Forcemaster
https://www.instagram.com/pistillidesigns/
Instagram and Facebook - @pistillidesigns

Beldin

• The Craziest
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2017, 08:47:01 PM »
I think that you either care about enchantments in the sense that you actively try to remove them or you run a passive build where you keep the battle within the range of Harshforge monolith.

I always run multiple equipment removal due to my meta. So I cannot comment on metas I am not involved in.