March 28, 2024, 12:10:26 PM

Author Topic: Illinois players, where are you?  (Read 5665 times)

reyda

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
  • Dispenser of indiscriminate justice
    • View Profile
Illinois players, where are you?
« on: January 14, 2017, 02:26:23 PM »
I'm spending the week in Roscoe, IL on a business trip. Anyone in the area want to meet up for a game or a drink? I should have a few free evenings between Monday and Friday, but I won't be very mobile, unfortunately. I'd love to have the chance to meet some of the illustrious IL warriors, so pm me if you're interested!

zot

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 5
    • View Profile
Re: Illinois players, where are you?
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2017, 04:15:16 PM »
coshade and puddin head are up in chicago area. i am in indy. any chance you come through here? i am hosting a mw weekend the last weekend in feb if you are near.

reyda

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
  • Dispenser of indiscriminate justice
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2017, 11:58:02 PM »
zot I'd love to join, but I live in Montréal, that's a looong way from Indy! I appreciate the offer, though :)
Judging from the comments I've seen here, the last edition of that event was a resounding success! I'll try to make some space in my schedule if you ever hold another such event in the future, but I don't see that happening in February alas.

I'll be in Chicago tomorrow (Sunday) until around 6pm for a little bit of sightseeing before the week starts, it would be a pleasure and an honor to meet the Arcane Duels gents during the day. Although I'd need to keep my inner fanboy in check if that were to happen...

zot

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2017, 12:33:32 AM »
well welcome to good ole usa. hope you have a great trip. and sorry you cannot make feb. i will be hosting those about every two or three months. keep an eye on the indy mage wars wanted thread in the league folder. hope to dee you sometime.

Puddnhead

• Member of Arcane Duels; MageCast Co-host
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2017, 03:02:51 PM »
Sorry reyda my family has just gotten over the stomach plague and used up most of our Purify spells doing so.  I won't be going out at all for a little while to make sure I don't become a plaguebearer.
  • Favourite Mage: Salenia Forcemaster

Coshade

• Arcane Duels Host
  • Administrator
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 6
    • View Profile
    • Arcane Duels!
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2017, 08:43:45 PM »
Dude good to hear from ya Adyer. How long are you in Chicago for?
  • Favourite Mage: Malakai Priest

zot

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2017, 03:41:26 PM »
For all of you here, mw weekend in indy is only 1 month away. 2/24 - 2/26. Let me know if you can make it and I will send you details. All are welcome.

zot

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2017, 10:48:53 AM »
2 weeks from yesterday next mw weekend in indy. hope some of you from up here can come down. i know coshade is coming. hope puddn and intangible can make it too. any others are also welcome. please let me know if you are coming.

farkas1

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2017, 07:06:40 PM »
So yea we have a small group here in Champaign-Urbana.  We get together infrequently at the moment due to some moves and babies, but during the summer things will pick up here.  As for weekends in Indy,  I would totally be down for driving that way the next time you host one Zot.   Summer's are usually a little less crazy for me with my work schedule.  I'm sure I could get one or two buddies to join me as well.  I even talked with some of the St. Louis Mage wars crew and it could be a possibility to get a car pool up to your way as well.  I even thought about hosting something here because of the closeness to Chicago, Indy and St. Louis.  It could be a nice central meeting point for the three bigger cities.
  • Favourite Mage: Straywood Beastmaster

zot

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2017, 03:28:58 PM »
Awesome. Thanks for the feedback. If you cannot make the one in a few weeks, I am thinking the one after will be the weekend of 4/21-4/23. And the st. Louis crew would certainly be welcome too.