April 25, 2024, 12:52:46 PM

Author Topic: Hole punched card sleeves and keyring for modular spellbooks pages?  (Read 6849 times)

Sailor Vulcan

• Secret Identity: Imaginator
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
I think it would be cool if we had hole punched card sleeves to put on a keyring. Then our spellbooks would be MUCH more modular. You could just take "pages" out of your spellbook and stick them on another keyring to make another spellbook. Unfortunately the closest thing to hole punched card sleeves that would actually work for this that I know of are ID card protectors which are way too expensive to buy in bulk.

I mean maybe I could hole punch the corners of a card sleeve, stick a string through them, then hope a card still fits in the sleeve? I'm not sure how doable this would be, and if I get it wrong I might ruins some sleeves.

Does anybody have any advice on how I can do this if at all?

Thanks!
  • Favourite Mage: Salenia Forcemaster
I am Sailor Vulcan! Champion of justice and reason! And yes, I am already aware my uniform is considered flashy, unprofessional, and borderline sexually provocative for my species by most intelligent lifeforms. I did not choose this outfit. Shut up.

bigfatchef

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
Re: Hole punched card sleeves and keyring for modular spellbooks pages?
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2017, 06:33:04 PM »
Sorry, I don't get it.

You want to have a hole in every cardsleeve (and card?!) to fiddle them all on a keyring instead of carrying a spelbook? Or do you want a ring binder for sleeves (directly without a sheet of 4 or 9 pockets to hold sleeves)?
So a Spellbook would be the size of a staple of cards?
Or do you want that staple to have only 1 hole in the corner so you could put a nail through it and have this effect as colerpicker charts for painters (if you know what I mean)? That would be very unhandy to play with.

Beldin

• The Craziest
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2017, 08:38:00 PM »
You can get hard plastic sleeves. Maybe these are what you want.

Sailor Vulcan

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2017, 09:43:31 PM »
Sorry, I don't get it.

You want to have a hole in every cardsleeve (and card?!) to fiddle them all on a keyring instead of carrying a spelbook? Or do you want a ring binder for sleeves (directly without a sheet of 4 or 9 pockets to hold sleeves)?
So a Spellbook would be the size of a staple of cards?
Or do you want that staple to have only 1 hole in the corner so you could put a nail through it and have this effect as colerpicker charts for painters (if you know what I mean)? That would be very unhandy to play with.

Hole in the sleeve not the card. Has the advantage of being able to remove individual sleeves and stick them into another keyring more easily than taking cards in and out of binder pages.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I am Sailor Vulcan! Champion of justice and reason! And yes, I am already aware my uniform is considered flashy, unprofessional, and borderline sexually provocative for my species by most intelligent lifeforms. I did not choose this outfit. Shut up.

Sailor Vulcan

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2017, 09:43:59 PM »
You can get hard plastic sleeves. Maybe these are what you want.

These meaning...?

Drefan

• Playtester
  • Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2017, 01:16:11 AM »
If no one has developed it, there is a reason behind it.
Just drop using spellbooks if you feel they are to much of a hassle, and go with deck boxes instead.
https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/61k4t4-QBWL._SL1500_.jpg
  • Favourite Mage: Wychwood Druid
Octagon user: Drefan

bigfatchef

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2017, 01:51:12 PM »
If no one has developed it, there is a reason behind it.
Just drop using spellbooks if you feel they are to much of a hassle, and go with deck boxes instead.
https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/61k4t4-QBWL._SL1500_.jpg
Exactly what I do from the beginning on. To fiddle those cards in a book takes too mich time and to turn pages to search for cards also is not mine :D