March 28, 2024, 07:59:23 AM

Author Topic: Pegasus  (Read 5061 times)

Sparkytbg

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
Pegasus
« on: August 06, 2012, 06:46:46 PM »
Pegasus   creature
                 Horse
13 mana  
                              9 health
                               2 armor

Hooves    
charge +2      4 attack dice
Flying
Holy 3

Mageboy2077

• Apprentice
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
Re: Pegasus
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2013, 06:15:47 PM »
Maybe add legendary?

cbalian

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2013, 10:29:56 PM »
And give it a special ability that it can add flying to one friendly creature in the same zone as Pegasus.  That seems a reasonable ability and the trait already exists.  Kind of like the Unicorn adds regen to the friendly creatures in zone a Pegasus adds Flying to friendly creature in zone.

Fentum

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2013, 06:51:26 AM »
And give it a special ability that it can add flying to one friendly creature in the same zone as Pegasus.  That seems a reasonable ability and the trait already exists.  Kind of like the Unicorn adds regen to the friendly creatures in zone a Pegasus adds Flying to friendly creature in zone.

Exactly that. Possibly non-mage, level X or below.

cbalian

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2013, 07:39:37 AM »
Oh ya non mage and level restriction makes sense and is good for balance. 

Would you limit it to one creature or adds flying to all non mage creatures under level X in zone?  The trick with picking only 1 creature is you'd almost need a flying marker for the one you pick, where 'any' that meet the restriction you would just know so I'd think all that meet it would make more sense and be less confusing.

Like the Unicorn that already exists gives all friendly creatures regen +2 so it is easy to remember.

Anyways I like the idea.  I'd totally put a Pegasus and Unicorn together in a deck.  Fun idea and not too OP or unbalancing really.

sIKE

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 18
  • Ugh
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2013, 09:06:05 AM »
I think we could rule out the Earth Elemental hopping into the saddle right?
  • Favourite Mage: Malakai Priest

reddawn

• Playtester
  • Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2013, 06:39:47 PM »
This is basically just a better version of the current unicorn.  Sure, no regenerate, but flying by itself is one of the best abilities in the game and prevents tons of dice.  There's really no reason to give it another die AND charge.

I mean, all you have to do is give this creature Fast and you can get your charge bonus every turn without worrying about being hindered.  Besides, inherently rolling 6 dice is only something that the most expensive creatures in the game can do, so 13 mana is definitely too low as a cost.

A pegasus could be an interesting addition, but it would be more compelling if it wasn't just an overpowered version of Highland Unicorn.  And since it's part of the Holy school, it would fit better if it had a way of protecting its allies.  Maybe something like this:

Pegasus (13 mana) (level 2 holy, level 1 air)

2 armor

9 health

Quick Attack (Hooves): 3 attack dice

Flying, Aegis 1

As a quick action, you may have Pegasus give a friendly creature Aegis 1 until the end of the round.  If you, Pegasus loses Aegis 1 until the end of the round.

Sort of like a helper pony.  A brony, you could say..
  • Favourite Mage: Arraxian Crown Warlock