March 29, 2024, 07:11:17 AM

Author Topic: Paladin Vs. Siren on OCTGN UPDATE  (Read 6690 times)

SharkBait

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 10
    • View Profile
Paladin Vs. Siren on OCTGN UPDATE
« on: November 24, 2016, 09:18:24 AM »
Hello everyone!

I've updated a lot of the automation to PvS. The list includes:
- Siren's call will give friendly aquatic creatures Melee +2
- The Wreck of the Viridian Lace's bonus is automated
- Alandell will now prompt you to pay for his ability (put 0 in if you don't want to adjust his dice)
- Naiya and the Siren will automatically regen while in a water terrain zone
- The Trident was broken, now it is not
- Shallow sea will now automate both + and - effects. Be wary, if you're a flyer attacking another flyer, you'll still receive -1 dice. Just be aware (you can add a melee token to offset). If you're attacking a non-flying creature, then you become non-flying for the attack and lose the dice anyway.
- The Shoalsdeep Tidecaller's bonus on initiative will now automatically calculate the correct dice and push chance

Known issues that are still a work in progress:
- Walls. These things are weird, just manually roll against these for now
- Siren SBB issues with the multi school pirates. If you want a quick work around, go into the set.xml and set the school to full water for use in a siren book.

click HERE to be taken to the dropbox with the relevant files.

Step 1: download the new set (be733b2f-7104-4de5-a64f-11dc0bb8e3a1)
Step 2: download the new scripts folder
Step 3: Extract both, then take the set folder and place it in the OCTGN directory that should be similar to the following path ....OCTGN\GameDatabase\9acef3d0-efa8-4d3f-a10c-54812baecdda\Sets. I have my OCTGN root directory in the my documents folder, for example
Step 4: take the CONTENTS of the scripts folder and place it in the folder ....OCTGN\GameDatabase\9acef3d0-efa8-4d3f-a10c-54812baecdda\scripts. You will be asked if you want to replace the current scripts, and you will want to hit yes.

Let me know if there are questions/issues.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2016, 09:32:54 AM by SharkBait »
  • Favourite Mage: Adramelech Warlock
When in doubt, kill it with fire

atljr17

• Jr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
Re: Paladin Vs. Siren on OCTGN UPDATE
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2016, 09:27:31 AM »
Good work shark! Happy thanksgiving! All the steps listed need to be done for the update?

SharkBait

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2016, 09:33:08 AM »
Good work shark! Happy thanksgiving! All the steps listed need to be done for the update?

Yeah, follow the steps just to be sure

gaspode77

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2016, 11:10:05 PM »
Something wrong here, after all the steps I'm not able to see PVS,just for check,if I don't follow any of the above steps or I do wrong, shouldn't I see the proxies and the PCs tab in the deck editor?

Enviado desde mi Edison 3 mediante Tapatalk

atljr17

• Jr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2016, 11:25:46 PM »
I played a match with paladin and when I went to cast enchantments on my creatures they wouldn't attach? They were valid targets I checked. For instance I casted dwarf and put eye for an eye on him and others.

SharkBait

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2016, 07:38:25 AM »
I played a match with paladin and when I went to cast enchantments on my creatures they wouldn't attach? They were valid targets I checked. For instance I casted dwarf and put eye for an eye on him and others.

I'm not sure what the issue is here, I can't replicate it. Mine attach just fine. Did your opponent have the most up to date set/scripts? That causes issues sometimes

SharkBait

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2016, 07:39:38 AM »
Something wrong here, after all the steps I'm not able to see PVS,just for check,if I don't follow any of the above steps or I do wrong, shouldn't I see the proxies and the PCs tab in the deck editor?

The above steps will allow you to see proxies, yes. This is just an update. If you have done all of the above and see only proxies, check the other thread. I believe the only step missing is to download the image pack and install it (English version only for now)

gaspode77

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2016, 08:51:31 AM »

The above steps will allow you to see proxies, yes. This is just an update. If you have done all of the above and see only proxies, check the other thread. I believe the only step missing is to download the image pack and install it (English version only for now)
I'm afraid I didn't explain myself to well,I  don't see any proxie nor the PVS tab ,I even tried to reinstall the entire module

SharkBait

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2016, 09:04:52 AM »

I'm afraid I didn't explain myself to well,I  don't see any proxie nor the PVS tab ,I even tried to reinstall the entire module

Oh ok cool. Just to make sure, you put the (be733b2f-7104-4de5-a64f-11dc0bb8e3a1) folder into your OCTGN\GameDatabase\9acef3d0-efa8-4d3f-a10c-54812baecdda\Sets directory? You made sure to unzip/extract the file first?

atljr17

• Jr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2016, 09:56:36 AM »
He may not have updated but even so the cards came from my spellbook on my creatures. I think I'm going to retry the download and see if that helps.

atljr17

• Jr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2016, 10:31:29 AM »
Now i went and really messed up. I got rid of my old scripts and replaced with new and got ride of old set and replaced with new. Now neither my paladin or siren decks load. So then i just checked a normal beastmaster and it loaded but only could view the reverse side of the cards? Ill try some things but mine is messed up now idk?

atljr17

• Jr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2016, 10:40:50 AM »
ok mistake i could have made and dont know how to fix. I downloaded the new scripts and replaced the old one entirely. I didnt do no CONTENTS part? maybe thats why things are messed up?

atljr17

• Jr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 25, 2016, 06:08:52 PM »
Henry_ketchup helped me solve some problems but still having big issues. So the new set and scripts was being blocked by my computer so I had to unblock it in the propertie settings. But now deck editor won't work and my paladin and siren decks don't open. Everything else seems to be working the game loaded this time and I was able to open old decks. If I can't solve it I guess I will uninstall and redo it all?