April 28, 2024, 04:27:45 PM

Author Topic: My Siren Book  (Read 8582 times)

MrSaucy

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 4
    • View Profile
My Siren Book
« on: November 24, 2016, 01:52:15 AM »
After around 15 or so games here is the Siren spellbook I have "settled" on. Interested to hear feedback.

Conjurations: 14 points
3x Shallow Sea
2x Bed of Urchins
2x Coral Barrier
1x Whirlpool (still haven't actually played it but it seems strong)

Equipment: 12 points
1x Ring of the Ocean Depths
1x Ring of Tides
1x Echo of the Depths
1x Shoalsdeep Trident
1x Leviathan Scale Armor
1x Meditation Amulet
1x Eagleclaw Boots

Creatures: 41 points
4x Shoalsdeep Tidecallers
1x Naiya
2x Merren Harpooner
2x Deptonne Berserker
1x Colossal Crab
1x Shoalsdeep Crocodile
1x Sherean Leviathan
1x Water Elemental

Enchantments: 29 points
2x Hydrothermal Vent
2x Rust
2x Drown
3x Lullaby
1x Song of Love
1x Ballad of Courage
1x Healing Charm
1x Harmonize
1x Nullify
1x Block
1x Bear Strength
1x Regrowth
1x Akiros Favor
1x Brace Yourself

Incantations: 19 points
3x Dissolve
1x Minor Heal
1x Seeking Dispel
3x Dispel
1x Knockdown
1x Rouse the Beast
1x Battle Fury

Attacks: 5 points
2x Acid Ball
3x Surging Wave
"See you space cowboy..."

Halewijn

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 6
    • View Profile
Re: My Siren Book
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2016, 08:53:16 AM »
When sharing a deck its always very helpful if you post your main strategy(ies) and your opening. Could you post them?

After 15 siren games with this deck you probably have more experience with her than most people. You should be the one giving tips. ;)

How did it go? What was your weakness?
  • Favourite Mage: Bloodwave Warlord
When in doubt kill it with fire? I never doubt and crush them right away.

MrSaucy

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2016, 01:33:23 PM »
When sharing a deck its always very helpful if you post your main strategy(ies) and your opening. Could you post them?

After 15 siren games with this deck you probably have more experience with her than most people. You should be the one giving tips. ;)

How did it go? What was your weakness?

My opening is a little slow but it goes:
1) Ring of Oceans Depths, Naiya
2) Naiya moves and casts Echo of the Depths, mage casts Harmonize on Echo and moves into same zone as Naiya
3) Mage casts Shallow Sea in center, Naiya casts Ring of Tides, both move into the central square with Shallow Sea

From here Naiya summons my equipment. After that I tend to use her mainly for casting enchantments but it depends. The idea behind having your mage in the center is so you can cast Sirens Call and use your Trident as much as possible. Don't forget that Sirens Call can be used on your own creatures.

It's very important to try to get Shallow Sea in the opponents center. Bed of Urchins works really well in Shallow Sea areas but I wouldn't use it in a zone without one. Coral Barrier serves two functions. Firstly, it blocks of the side flanks, forcing enemies down the center of the board. Secondly, it's pretty much an auto cast once you get a Harpooner out since the synergy is too good to ignore.

I've included Meditation Amulet so that when you can't attack with your Trident you can gain mana, but always use the Trident if you can.

No matter who I'm playing against the Tidecallers rarely seem to be a bad thing to summon, but try to summon them when you don't have the initiative.

This Spellbook is a little slow, but if you're rushed you and Naiya can cast Surging Wave to buy you some time.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2016, 01:34:58 PM by MrSaucy »

bigfatchef

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2016, 05:13:05 PM »
Thanks die sharing your book. Your strategie sounds solid, but I wonder of you really need / ever summon all big creatures? Crab, crocodile, Leviathan and water elemental seems a lot.

What do you do against flyers. I only see harpooners as an answer. Could be hard against lots of birdies or angels. You should consider gravikor?! Sorry if I miss something.

MrSaucy

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2016, 07:54:32 PM »
Thanks die sharing your book. Your strategie sounds solid, but I wonder of you really need / ever summon all big creatures? Crab, crocodile, Leviathan and water elemental seems a lot.

What do you do against flyers. I only see harpooners as an answer. Could be hard against lots of birdies or angels. You should consider gravikor?! Sorry if I miss something.

I really only have Crab and Crocodile since they cost between 12 and 22. I actually haven't been impressed with them so far so I may consider removing them. Flyers might be an issue so Gravikor seems solid. My Trident does have ranged but all my attack spells target non-flyers now that I think about it. Kraken could make quick work of squishy flyers but he's too expensive. Maybe I need another Knockdown, another Harpooner, and some attack spells that CAN target flying creatures.

Werekingdom

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2016, 02:16:04 AM »

I would probably added a few "Crumble" for Naiya to cast, since she is not moving. Remember more people are going to be using eagle boots now that the Siren is out, that will be target #1.

I would also added "Swell" since your in the middle zone, you can use the Shoalsdeep Trident to push then try bashing against the outside wall. (3 + 3 + 3: Trident, Swell, Bash, plus any walls between. it is also unavoidable, which could be useful.
  • Favourite Mage: Malakai Priest
Kill with Tanglevine

Super Sorcerer

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2016, 02:35:00 AM »
ב"ה
I would also added "Swell" since your in the middle zone, you can use the Shoalsdeep Trident to push then try bashing against the outside wall. (3 + 3 + 3: Trident, Swell, Bash, plus any walls between. it is also unavoidable, which could be useful.
Doesn't Swell have the same pushing chance as Surging Wave (which he already got 3 of)?

Halewijn

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2016, 04:58:54 AM »
Almost, 7+ instead of 8+, but 1 mana cheaper. Might be handy.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2016, 05:02:03 AM by Halewijn »
  • Favourite Mage: Bloodwave Warlord
When in doubt kill it with fire? I never doubt and crush them right away.

MrSaucy

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2016, 02:07:30 PM »
I'm thinking of removing Meditation Amulet and Harmonize  (too slow) as well as Crab and Crocodile. This frees up 11 points.

9 points
1x Gravikor
1x Leather Boots
1x Leather Gloves
1x Crumble
2x Swell

I'm considering adding attack spells from different schools so I can target flyers as well as plant Creatures.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2016, 03:08:49 PM by MrSaucy »

Super Sorcerer

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2016, 11:17:47 AM »
ב"ה
I'm considering adding attack spells from different schools so I can target flyers as well as plant Creatures.
Against flying creatures you have Geyser in school (and it is even unavoidable). If you want out of school things against plants, you should consider using an Elemental Wand, since it is in school and Naiya can cast it for you. The downside of an Elemental Wand in this book is that it use one of your hand slots, so you can't combine it with both Echo of the Depths and Shoalsdeep Trident.

bigfatchef

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2016, 07:12:45 PM »
ב"ה
Against flying creatures you have Geyser in school (and it is even unavoidable). If you want out of school things against plants, you should consider using an Elemental Wand, since it is in school and Naiya can cast it for you. The downside of an Elemental Wand in this book is that it use one of your hand slots, so you can't combine it with both Echo of the Depths and Shoalsdeep Trident.
Wow i completely forgot geyser for Siren against flying. Nice!