March 28, 2024, 04:45:05 AM

Author Topic: Warlock and Priestess Spell book Covers  (Read 6764 times)

Hardcordo

Warlock and Priestess Spell book Covers
« on: November 23, 2016, 08:03:36 AM »
Since in Academy there are only Wizard and Beastmaster themed spell book books I decided to customize my extra spellbooks for the Academy Warlock and Priestess and  make some covers like the ones I had to do for text books when I was in school. Anyone do anything similar with their duplicate books?

Here are my terrible results!
http://imgur.com/Lmq27wN

Halewijn

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 6
    • View Profile
Re: Warlock and Priestess Spell book Covers
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2016, 08:39:43 AM »
I'm kinda hoping this guys will explain how he did his magic:

http://forum.arcanewonders.com/index.php?topic=17424.0
  • Favourite Mage: Bloodwave Warlord
When in doubt kill it with fire? I never doubt and crush them right away.

Sailor Vulcan

• Secret Identity: Imaginator
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2016, 10:33:57 AM »
Well, we know that Etheria does have paper and not just parchment, based on the flavor text on teleport. So I suppose that these covers might be realistic? At least if the mages who created them were poor. How much does tuition cost to attend the Tower of Night? Somehow I doubt they offer scholarships. Loans maybe. But do college loans even exist in Etheria?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Favourite Mage: Salenia Forcemaster
I am Sailor Vulcan! Champion of justice and reason! And yes, I am already aware my uniform is considered flashy, unprofessional, and borderline sexually provocative for my species by most intelligent lifeforms. I did not choose this outfit. Shut up.

Kaarin

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2017, 03:46:04 PM »
You may want to check out the original spellbook covers when there still was Priestess vs Warlock core set planned.
https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1698573/expansion-spellbooks
OCTGN: Wstrzasniety (UTC+2)

iNano78

• Ambassador
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 4
  • Playing face-to-face in Ottawa again soon
    • View Profile
    • Ottawa/Gatineau Mage Wars (FB group)
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2017, 03:59:01 PM »
Off topic, but after looking at those spell book covers, I started browsing the Mage Wars commissioned art by "Deligaris" (same artist as the book covers) and came across this mosaic of card art, including some from the core set and various expansions through PvS, Lost Grimoires v1 and some otherwise unreleased promos (e.g. Bloodwave Greatbow and Lightning Beetle)... but... there's also one that hasn't shown up yet (to my knowledge). 

http://deligaris.deviantart.com/art/Mage-Wars-Card-art-2-589390409

What is that... thing?! A "swamp golem"?

silverclawgrizzly

• Charlotte Mage Warrior
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2017, 06:57:40 PM »
What is that a swamp golem? Not a bad guess.
  • Favourite Mage: Straywood Beastmaster
What we must all remember is no matter the game we were all newbies at one point.

steack

• Playtester
  • Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
    • http://magewarsfr.forumactif.org/
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2017, 06:01:34 AM »

in paladin vs siren we find a swamp land , probably this card will appears in the next extension , or not ^^

Raiko

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2017, 11:16:15 PM »
I was pretty bummed when Tony said those books would not go into production. I guess academy isn't selling well enough to warrant more supplemental product support.  :(

Robert Geistlinger

• Administrator
  • New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
  • Sales & Marketing
    • View Profile
    • Arcane Wonders
« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2017, 07:51:53 AM »
The books may eventually go into production, but right now we have bigger priority items on the plate. Spellbooks as an accessory haven't been huge sellers and we still have stock of Spellbook packs 2, 3, and 4 available for purchase.

We don't have our sights on supplemental product right now, we're focusing on actual game expansions.
  • Favourite Mage: Malakai Priest
"You can tell if a place is civilized by whether they ride their unicorns or cook them up." -- Arhnoot, Blood Wave Warlord

Sailor Vulcan

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2017, 09:14:59 AM »
I was pretty bummed when Tony said those books would not go into production. I guess academy isn't selling well enough to warrant more supplemental product support.  :(

You don't technically need the binders. They help when you're starting out and don't know your own spell books that well, buy after that they just make cleaning up after a game more of a chore.

I am Sailor Vulcan! Champion of justice and reason! And yes, I am already aware my uniform is considered flashy, unprofessional, and borderline sexually provocative for my species by most intelligent lifeforms. I did not choose this outfit. Shut up.

Raiko

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2017, 04:50:37 PM »
The books may eventually go into production, but right now we have bigger priority items on the plate. Spellbooks as an accessory haven't been huge sellers and we still have stock of Spellbook packs 2, 3, and 4 available for purchase.

We don't have our sights on supplemental product right now, we're focusing on actual game expansions.

I am 250 thousand percent behind this statement. The book art is nice, but I'm way more interested in more Mage Wars cards/content.

You don't technically need the binders. They help when you're starting out and don't know your own spell books that well, buy after that they just make cleaning up after a game more of a chore.

I am actually quite fond of the physical spellbooks. I realize Academy decks are pretty small & would be an easily managed pile of cards, but you lose some of that tactical Mage Wars feel without them.

I enjoy the post match cleanup discussion where we talk about the tactics & strategies we employed that match while putting the spells back into our books. I'm fairly OCD about having all the spells in my books laid out just so & in a certain order so maybe I am in the minority here lol. Plus I'm fairly lucky in that putting the spellbooks back together is really the only cleanup involved for the game since I play on a dedicated arena table that always has a play mat & Plano full of tokens ready for some Mage Wars action.

I may be new to the forums here, but I've owned & played Mage Wars with self built custom books for years & have no desire to phase out the spellbook portion of the experience. To each their own.  :)

Sailor Vulcan

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2017, 06:40:29 PM »
By the way do the Academy binders have the same number of pages as the arena binders?

Raiko

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 13, 2017, 07:19:01 PM »
Nah they are half the amount of pages