July 04, 2024, 02:03:10 AM

Author Topic: Murmaider v1  (Read 7174 times)

drmambo23

• Ambassador
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
Murmaider v1
« on: November 18, 2016, 08:27:40 PM »
Siren spellbook

Murmaider (your life was ended by murmaids)

Attack: 9sbp

Surging wave x3
Tsunami x1
Acid ball x3

Enchantment: 32 sbp

Drown x2
Song of love x2
Chant of rage x2
Ballad of courage x2
Hydro thermal vent x1
Rust x3
Blind x1
Lullaby x2
Dodge x1
Wolf fury x1
Force orb x1
Nullify x1
Arcane ward x1
Gator toughness x2

Equipment: 10

Leviathan scale armor x3
Ring of tides x1
Ring of the ocean's depths x1
Voice of the sea x1
Shoalsdeep trident x2

Creature: 20

Deptone berserker x2
Deptone shaman x1
Water elemental x1
Shoalsdeep thrasher x1
Naiya x1
Shoalsdeep tidecaller x1

Incantation: 33

Dissolve x3
Crumble x1
Extinguish x1
Minor heal x2
Teleport x1
Seeking dispel x2
Dispel x2
Purify x1
Force push x2
Repulse x1
Battle fury x2

Conjuration: 19

Gravikor x1
Shallow sea x2
Whirlpool x1
Coral barrier x2
Wall of force x1
Tanglevine x2

Sorry again abt not having this in an octgn sbb thats easy to read, im still having issues with octgn atm :b

But, this is my 1st attempt at a siren and im stepping way out of my comfort zone with this lol

Probably start with naiya and shallow sea on turn 1.  i havent put a whole lot of thought into where it goes from there. 

I realize the songs and bloodthirsty are pointless against a necromancers creatures but this is my starting point.

Any feedback is much appreciated!
« Last Edit: November 18, 2016, 10:10:06 PM by drmambo23 »
  • Favourite Mage: Salenia Forcemaster
https://www.instagram.com/pistillidesigns/
Instagram and Facebook - @pistillidesigns

Puddnhead

• Member of Arcane Duels; MageCast Co-host
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 8
    • View Profile
Re: Murmaider v1
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2016, 11:31:12 PM »
At first glance it doesn't look like the "mermaids" will he doing the killing. ;)

Also, I'm curious as to whether you'll find that two shallow seas are enough. I'd personally run at least three. Please let me know what you find on this.

I am also a huge fan of lullaby and I've found limited use with song of love. Your mileage may vary. :)

Since you plan to start with Naiya, about what turn do you think the water elemental will hit the arena?

ClockWork

• Jr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2016, 02:57:49 AM »
shallow seas' are cheap(mana and SBP), I wouldn't take less than 5. Half the arena ocean is where it is at
Siren is so cool

drmambo23

• Ambassador
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2016, 05:13:29 AM »
At first glance it doesn't look like the "mermaids" will he doing the killing. ;)

Also, I'm curious as to whether you'll find that two shallow seas are enough. I'd personally run at least three. Please let me know what you find on this.

I am also a huge fan of lullaby and I've found limited use with song of love. Your mileage may vary. :)

Since you plan to start with Naiya, about what turn do you think the water elemental will hit the arena?

Its a quote from the song murmaider. I just ran with it lol. I agree though.

And dropping a song of love for another sea wouldnt be too crazy and would work. Is song of love worth it of you can just sirens call your target? I know the love token can be put on your own creatures but looking at it now sirens call would seem to do the trick, thoughts?

And the water elemental, honestly im not super crazy about him.  6sbp and 22mana i believe - huge investment.  I originally wanted 1 of the undead pirates, turghut or blightheart and may switch to one of them. If i do then it frees up a few more sbp.

shallow seas' are cheap(mana and SBP), I wouldn't take less than 5. Half the arena ocean is where it is at

Idk if i would go that far but it seems like a fun play.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2016, 01:04:04 PM by drmambo23 »

Puddnhead

• Member of Arcane Duels; MageCast Co-host
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2016, 08:08:13 AM »
The number of shallow seas you bring is directly correlated to the number of zones in which you expect to do the majority of your fighting...especially if you are primarily using sharks.

Song of love is for protecting something important from a surprise attack. With your voice of the sea and fermata ability you can get any of these songs to last for 5 rounds and that is some real control!
Sirens call takes an action every time you want to use it. I primarily use it to lure into the death zone or buff a heavy hitter.  Interestingly enough, you can use it to bypass bloodthirsty on your sharks by giving them two conflicting mandatory actions.

The pirates do not benefit from shallow sea and I could see using them to good effect in a sea-light book.
Water Elemental is Boss. It's so hard to kill and just gets stronger in a shallow sea. Note: it is not psychic immune so you can buff it with ballad of courage for extra punch.

Sailor Vulcan

• Secret Identity: Imaginator
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2016, 08:18:00 AM »
The number of shallow seas you bring is directly correlated to the number of zones in which you expect to do the majority of your fighting...especially if you are primarily using sharks.

Song of love is for protecting something important from a surprise attack. With your voice of the sea and fermata ability you can get any of these songs to last for 5 rounds and that is some real control!
Sirens call takes an action every time you want to use it. I primarily use it to lure into the death zone or buff a heavy hitter.  Interestingly enough, you can use it to bypass bloodthirsty on your sharks by giving them two conflicting mandatory actions.

The pirates do not benefit from shallow sea and I could see using them to good effect in a sea-light book.
Water Elemental is Boss. It's so hard to kill and just gets stronger in a shallow sea. Note: it is not psychic immune so you can buff it with ballad of courage for extra punch.

I suspect that if you take advantage of push effects, you can force opponent between a rock and a hard place. Either they go into your shallow seas in the center of the arena where your attacks are more powerful, or you wall bash them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I am Sailor Vulcan! Champion of justice and reason! And yes, I am already aware my uniform is considered flashy, unprofessional, and borderline sexually provocative for my species by most intelligent lifeforms. I did not choose this outfit. Shut up.

SharkBait

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2016, 08:52:59 AM »
You may run into legal trouble if you don't label the book "For Fish Only".

Other than that, I'd suggest adding at least 2 more thrashers in. As far as 5 mana creatures go, those little guys are really really good. Water Elemental is fairly dominant when it's in play, so if you haven't tried using it yet then I suggest giving it a shot. It forces the enemy to react, giving you time to support it and cast some smaller creatures (like the thrashers, for example.)

Otherwise, this looks like a good start. People are still figuring out the siren, so let us know what works and what doesn't in your games!
  • Favourite Mage: Adramelech Warlock
When in doubt, kill it with fire

drmambo23

• Ambassador
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2016, 10:15:29 AM »
I'll have to try the undead pirates and elemental to figure out what works best. I dont have pvs yet so im just theory crafting as of now. As soon as i get it and test it out i will definitely update and give feedback.

And as far as the 5 mana sharks, i just feel that they are so squishy. But i guess the "aegis" from shallow sea would benefit them greatly. Idk though.

You may run into legal trouble if you don't label the book "For Fish Only".

Trogdor the burninator...

And thats a very solid point abt the shallow sea, puddinhead.  From that logic 3 seas makes much more sense than 2

SharkBait

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2016, 12:21:13 PM »
It was a reference to the show where that song came from  ;D
  • Favourite Mage: Adramelech Warlock
When in doubt, kill it with fire

drmambo23

• Ambassador
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2016, 01:06:45 PM »
Ahh i see. I didnt watch the show much so i dont remember too much

silverclawgrizzly

• Charlotte Mage Warrior
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2016, 01:19:38 PM »
I've been debating a Sacred Ground in my Siren book. Make a  kill zone where I'm just next to impossible to kill.
  • Favourite Mage: Straywood Beastmaster
What we must all remember is no matter the game we were all newbies at one point.

drmambo23

• Ambassador
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 19, 2016, 02:04:27 PM »
I like that idea!

Edit:
Having shallow sea zones for your creatures and then an alternate zone that they are punished by staying there, unless theyre holy. More versatility is always nice.

Im thinking of finding room for a wand of healing as well. Especially if i added more of the smaller sharks
« Last Edit: November 19, 2016, 03:31:42 PM by drmambo23 »

silverclawgrizzly

• Charlotte Mage Warrior
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 19, 2016, 06:52:45 PM »
Are you referring to Consecrated Ground? Cause I'm just thinking of giving everything in a water zone "aegis 2"
  • Favourite Mage: Straywood Beastmaster
What we must all remember is no matter the game we were all newbies at one point.

drmambo23

• Ambassador
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 19, 2016, 07:09:08 PM »
I dont follow. I thought you were referring to just having another zone to deal dmg to trigger bloodthirsty.

ClockWork

• Jr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 21, 2016, 10:38:11 PM »
Are you referring to Consecrated Ground? Cause I'm just thinking of giving everything in a water zone "aegis 2"

Aegis 2?!?!?!?!?!! How??? I want this!?!?! HOW TO GIVE AEGIS 2?!?!?!!!?
Siren is so cool