April 28, 2024, 04:19:51 PM

Author Topic: That errata pack  (Read 7614 times)

Beldin

• The Craziest
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
Re: That errata pack
« Reply #15 on: November 09, 2016, 09:30:45 AM »
CCG's don't do this however... in fact the Oracle text of most magic cards differs from what's printed - and no-one complains...

When I used to play magic you just knew the text of the cards by heart and learnt the erratas. Most of the cards in my tournament decks were printed in different languages.

Personally, I would take an adhesive sticker set to stick over errataed cards. These would be cheaper to produce and as there is no shuffling etc it would not effect game play.

Chicken the God

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 09, 2016, 04:32:01 PM »
I'd love to see these eratta reprints in a new spell tome 3 along with some other spell reprints.

ClockWork

• Jr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 11, 2016, 04:52:01 AM »
When I used to play magic you just knew the text of the cards by heart and learnt the erratas
Me too, but I don't want to, and I don't think AW wants that either. The cool part is, I have money and....
I'd love to see these eratta reprints in a new spell tome 3 along with some other spell reprints.

So I would buy that. Then I wouldn't have to memorize, and there would be less disputes, and the game would look better when I share with new players, and AW could have more of my money, and I would feel good about my updated card collection. Everybody wins.

The real question is how large do these "spelltome 3"'s need to be, and how many need to sell for the business aspect to work? I think a decent chunk of mage wars players do want this, particularly the old dogs from back in the day.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2016, 08:03:51 AM by ClockWork »
Siren is so cool

FernandoKL

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 07, 2017, 08:21:27 PM »
Please, very please!
Do the damn errata pack with extra essencial-cards-every-spellbook-must-have.
I'd buy like 6 or 7 of these packs.  ;D
(Seriously)

Alex

• Playtester
  • Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 10, 2017, 01:06:58 AM »
+1

Perhaps we can edit some more  underpowered cards. So the pack will be worth. a possibilty is to sell the cards on boardgamegeek.