April 25, 2024, 04:13:55 PM

Author Topic: ADMW Winter Special - OCTGN Tournament  (Read 199308 times)

RomeoXero

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 6
    • View Profile
Re: ADMW Winter Special - OCTGN Tournament
« Reply #30 on: December 07, 2016, 11:10:14 PM »
Well if my luck holds up ill end up grouped with Mystery, werekingdom, and poopstar. (Just for reference, these are all players who have historically beaten my ass many times. Poopstar has my first octgn play, and loss, of my career. Lol! )
  • Favourite Mage: Wychwood Druid
I love this game. Its awesome!

Werekingdom

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 08, 2016, 04:30:17 PM »
Well if my luck holds up ill end up grouped with Mystery, werekingdom, and poopstar. (Just for reference, these are all players who have historically beaten my ass many times. Poopstar has my first octgn play, and loss, of my career. Lol! )

I know the feeling, with my luck I'll probably be matched up with Biblofilter and MasteryMystery again.
  • Favourite Mage: Malakai Priest
Kill with Tanglevine

Enti

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 09, 2016, 05:28:05 PM »
I'd like to join the tournament! Is there still a slot available?

atljr17

• Jr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 09, 2016, 07:52:10 PM »
If u need more players let me know I could fill a spot. If werekingdom and sailor Vulcan approve my play and think I can handle it that is haha. If needed I'll get to building books! Otherwise I'd love to spectate some games or play anyone knocked out lol. Good luck to all!

Werekingdom

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 10, 2016, 02:18:17 AM »
If u need more players let me know I could fill a spot. If werekingdom and sailor Vulcan approve my play and think I can handle it that is haha. If needed I'll get to building books! Otherwise I'd love to spectate some games or play anyone knocked out lol. Good luck to all!

If there is room then I would like to see you there.
I believe you'll learn a lot more when playing in the tourament then spectating, I did anyways.

Werekingdom
PS: judging from our last match you're already at the level or higher then I was when I played last year.
Kill with Tanglevine

Super Sorcerer

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 10, 2016, 12:08:42 PM »
ב"ה
I know I am not a player in the tournament, but I just wondered (since it is the first tournament that allows eye for an eye)-
How would you handle a tied game in the second stage of the tournament?

Another problem I had when I thought about running something similar to first stage (a problem we had in a tournament of another game a few years ago)-
How do you handle a situation where player A wins against player B and lose against player C, while Player B won against player C and player D lost all games?
Each player out of A,B,C has won 2 games and lost 1 game, and there are no natural tiebreakers.

atljr17

• Jr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 10, 2016, 02:43:19 PM »
Thanks for the kind words werekingdom! My problem is I just recently last week started building and tweaking my own book. I just don't want to be an embarrassment lol. But your right u only learn by playing better players. But I'm not postponing or going to put any stress on the tourney I can gladly just watch! If arcane duels post the matches I'll be watching. Coshade and gang your doing a great job!

Coshade

• Arcane Duels Host
  • Administrator
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 6
    • View Profile
    • Arcane Duels!
« Reply #37 on: December 12, 2016, 02:17:36 PM »
Hey guys.

We are in the last few days for registration. We are currently looking at 22 people. If we get to 24 that would be awesome!

Enti

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 12, 2016, 05:34:36 PM »
Assuming no one else wants to play, from my point of view there is no problem if we divide these 2 "spare MW players" into the 4 groups.

Granted, we'd have 2 groups with 6 people instead of 5 but honestly that only makes it a bit harder to advance to the elimination, nothing else. And the difficulty-level from the bracket is already randomly generated.. so it doesn't really matter, does it?

By the way: Anyone still awake and up for a game? :p

Schwenkgott

• Thunderdome
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 13, 2016, 01:30:52 AM »
Why would a tournament not allow Eye for an Eye? The card has been tested and is perfectly fine not only in Academy but also in the Arena. While looking strong on the first impression the card also has weakpoints (f.e. you habe to save mana, you get a huge amount of damage too, etc.). Sure, it has become more dangerous to go for the big hitters when facing a holy mage, but that is life in Etheria right? Since there are plenty more dangerous situations to overcome, what difference does it make?
« Last Edit: December 13, 2016, 01:33:07 AM by Schwenkgott »
Akiro, I have never prayed to you before. No one will remember if we were good men or bad. Why we fought, or why we died. All that matters is that one stood against many. That's what's important! Valor pleases you, Akiro... so grant me strength! And if you do not listen, then to HELL with you!

Sailor Vulcan

• Secret Identity: Imaginator
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 13, 2016, 03:48:09 AM »
Why would a tournament not allow Eye for an Eye? The card has been tested and is perfectly fine not only in Academy but also in the Arena. While looking strong on the first impression the card also has weakpoints (f.e. you habe to save mana, you get a huge amount of damage too, etc.). Sure, it has become more dangerous to go for the big hitters when facing a holy mage, but that is life in Etheria right? Since there are plenty more dangerous situations to overcome, what difference does it make?

Isn't eye for an eye in PvS? Ergo it wouldn't be allowed in academy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Favourite Mage: Salenia Forcemaster
I am Sailor Vulcan! Champion of justice and reason! And yes, I am already aware my uniform is considered flashy, unprofessional, and borderline sexually provocative for my species by most intelligent lifeforms. I did not choose this outfit. Shut up.

jacksmack

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 13, 2016, 04:09:40 AM »
Why would a tournament not allow Eye for an Eye?

Where do you find that its not allowed?

Halewijn

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 13, 2016, 04:29:40 AM »
I think Schwenkgott meant here:

I know I am not a player in the tournament, but I just wondered (since it is the first tournament that allows eye for an eye)

But I believe Super Sorcerer just meant the "first time" since it only has been brought out now.
  • Favourite Mage: Bloodwave Warlord
When in doubt kill it with fire? I never doubt and crush them right away.

SharkBait

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 13, 2016, 08:47:13 AM »
Come on guys, let's get the hype rolling..

WE NEED 2 MORE PARTICIPANTS! WHO WANTS TO RISE TO THE CHALLENGE?!

I've spent a bunch of time automating a lot of stuff on OCTGN, gotta have more people come use it!  ;D
  • Favourite Mage: Adramelech Warlock
When in doubt, kill it with fire

drmambo23

• Ambassador
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 13, 2016, 12:29:03 PM »
Only required to play 1 game a week, right? Not sure i could swing much more than that if i joined
  • Favourite Mage: Salenia Forcemaster
https://www.instagram.com/pistillidesigns/
Instagram and Facebook - @pistillidesigns