April 19, 2024, 07:00:18 AM

Author Topic: ADMW Winter Special - OCTGN Tournament  (Read 199181 times)

Brian VanAlstyne

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
Re: ADMW Winter Special - OCTGN Tournament
« Reply #15 on: November 15, 2016, 01:14:20 PM »
Out of curiosity, has anyone found an easy way to get OCTGN to run on a Mac?

Coshade

• Arcane Duels Host
  • Administrator
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 6
    • View Profile
    • Arcane Duels!
« Reply #16 on: November 16, 2016, 11:56:12 AM »
Just one more entry and we are full!

Wish I knew more about Mac support for OCTGN. Best thing I have is a test client they ran a few years ago. http://help.octgn.net/support/discussions/topics/46055

Not sure how it worked out. I suppose Wine is always an option, but I don't have much experience with it
  • Favourite Mage: Malakai Priest

Coshade

• Arcane Duels Host
  • Administrator
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 6
    • View Profile
    • Arcane Duels!
« Reply #17 on: November 17, 2016, 11:06:08 AM »
Just an announcement.
We added an errata in the restrictions section. Here is what is included in the tournament

Disciple of Radiance text change
Once per round, whenever your Mage casts or reveals a healing spell, Disciple of Radiance may deal 1 direct light damage to a target creature in her zone.

Sailor Vulcan

• Secret Identity: Imaginator
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 17, 2016, 11:45:18 AM »
Just an announcement.
We added an errata in the restrictions section. Here is what is included in the tournament

Disciple of Radiance text change
Once per round, whenever your Mage casts or reveals a healing spell, Disciple of Radiance may deal 1 direct light damage to a target creature in her zone.

Interesting. Is there a reason for changing it to once per round? I'd be very surprised if such an ability were OP in arena and not in academy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Favourite Mage: Salenia Forcemaster
I am Sailor Vulcan! Champion of justice and reason! And yes, I am already aware my uniform is considered flashy, unprofessional, and borderline sexually provocative for my species by most intelligent lifeforms. I did not choose this outfit. Shut up.

Halewijn

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 17, 2016, 12:13:36 PM »
It is Sailor. Because you can have 6 disciples out and academy only allows 3 at once. additionally, mana is a bigger issue, there is no spawnpoint in academy and games are shorter.

Cast 6 of them, each with iguana regrowth. Teleport/divine intervention into the zone, reveal the iguana's and you do 36 damage... You have just won the game.

Personally I'd errata to limit 3 of them in a book like in academy instead of the current errata.
  • Favourite Mage: Bloodwave Warlord
When in doubt kill it with fire? I never doubt and crush them right away.

Sailor Vulcan

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
ADMW Winter Special - OCTGN Tournament
« Reply #20 on: November 17, 2016, 01:16:09 PM »
It is Sailor. Because you can have 6 disciples out and academy only allows 3 at once. additionally, mana is a bigger issue, there is no spawnpoint in academy and games are shorter.

Cast 6 of them, each with iguana regrowth. Teleport/divine intervention into the zone, reveal the iguana's and you do 36 damage... You have just won the game.

Personally I'd errata to limit 3 of them in a book like in academy instead of the current errata.

It probably needs one of those things where it says "if this card's controlling mage is level 5 or higher…" The only cards I've seen so far that have that are equipment cards that give the mage an attack with one extra die if the mage is level 5+.

Maybe if this creature's controlling mage is level 5 or higher, increase its level by 1?
I am Sailor Vulcan! Champion of justice and reason! And yes, I am already aware my uniform is considered flashy, unprofessional, and borderline sexually provocative for my species by most intelligent lifeforms. I did not choose this outfit. Shut up.

Schwenkgott

• Thunderdome
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 18, 2016, 08:45:34 AM »
If you want to do an Errata or balance something inofficially, you should walk on a path that is understandable for everyone and solves the issue at the same time.

We thought about this Disciple-problem for several weeks now, some ideas came into the closer selection. Of of them had to be picked and since it's the tournament of Coshade and his Arcane Duels buddies, he is the right one to make that choice.

I think he made a good one. After the tournament we will see if that was enough or even more would have been nessecary.
Akiro, I have never prayed to you before. No one will remember if we were good men or bad. Why we fought, or why we died. All that matters is that one stood against many. That's what's important! Valor pleases you, Akiro... so grant me strength! And if you do not listen, then to HELL with you!

Sailor Vulcan

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
ADMW Winter Special - OCTGN Tournament
« Reply #22 on: November 18, 2016, 09:18:30 AM »
Maybe it needs an errata that says that each disciple can only activate twice per round. It would be redundant in academy but not in arena. Two iguana regrowths times six disciples is 12 damage, which is more comparable to wot push combo, and costs more mana to boot.

Since it doesn't make sense to have a spell with a pseudo-semi-epic trait. That just screams "contrived" and "not streamlined" to me. And my earlier suggestion doesn't work either. Why would a spell that is easy for an academy mage to cast be harder for an arena mage? That doesn't make sense either. But if it was the disciple herself that could only use her powers twice per round before needing to recharge, that would make more sense.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2016, 09:22:56 AM by Sailor Vulcan »

Coshade

• Arcane Duels Host
  • Administrator
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 6
    • View Profile
    • Arcane Duels!
« Reply #23 on: November 21, 2016, 12:56:46 PM »
Hey! So we had one player drop and that leaves 1 spot open for 16 players! If you haven't signed up, Email me today!!!

Also if we get 20, we will probably extend the first round to include more players like last ADMW. So if you are being shy to not take that last spot, don't worry!

Coshade

• Arcane Duels Host
  • Administrator
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 6
    • View Profile
    • Arcane Duels!
« Reply #24 on: November 29, 2016, 06:47:39 PM »
Just wanted to update that Lost Grimoire cards will be legal!

Brian VanAlstyne

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 30, 2016, 07:20:24 AM »
I'm gonna have to bail unfortunately. A broken/dislocated right shoulder really limits my computer usage outside work. Sorry about this.

Coshade

• Arcane Duels Host
  • Administrator
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 6
    • View Profile
    • Arcane Duels!
« Reply #26 on: November 30, 2016, 10:50:05 AM »
I'm gonna have to bail unfortunately. A broken/dislocated right shoulder really limits my computer usage outside work. Sorry about this.

Sorry to hear that Devil! That sounds really painful. I hope you recover well.
 That means we are 1 man short of 16! Anyone that wants to enter just email me!

Coshade

• Arcane Duels Host
  • Administrator
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 6
    • View Profile
    • Arcane Duels!
« Reply #27 on: December 05, 2016, 01:06:24 PM »
Hey guys!

We are at 16 players! If you want to join still we would be able to put you in once we hit 20.
Join the awesome Tourney today!!

RomeoXero

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 07, 2016, 07:29:25 PM »
Is there a forthcoming list of potential players already? I'm interested in whom i am gonna be losing to this year! Lol!
  • Favourite Mage: Wychwood Druid
I love this game. Its awesome!

Coshade

• Arcane Duels Host
  • Administrator
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 6
    • View Profile
    • Arcane Duels!
« Reply #29 on: December 07, 2016, 09:23:13 PM »
Here you go! Keep in mind they will be randomized on the day the tournament begins. So you won't know who will be in your group until then.

Challonge ---> http://challonge.com/ADMWSpecial
If you want a record between MW tournaments feel free to register, it's free and tracks your W/L competitively.

Also I'll update the post on the front this weekend.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2016, 09:24:46 PM by Coshade »