April 28, 2024, 10:41:37 AM

Poll

Which legendary PvS creature are you most excited for?

Alandell the Blue Knight
4 (5.9%)
Alfiya, Noble Enforcer
4 (5.9%)
Artemis Dawnbreaker's Eye
4 (5.9%)
Blightheart
3 (4.4%)
Cassiel, Shield of Bim-Shalla
9 (13.2%)
Dorseus, Stallion of Westlock
3 (4.4%)
Eligor Larinton
1 (1.5%)
Gerard Matranga
1 (1.5%)
Kraken
7 (10.3%)
Metatron, Angelic Templar
8 (11.8%)
Naiya
4 (5.9%)
Sherean Leviathan
8 (11.8%)
Turghut
0 (0%)
Water Elemental
12 (17.6%)

Total Members Voted: 30

Author Topic: Which legendary PvS creature are you most excited for? + Water elemental  (Read 3955 times)

Halewijn

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 6
    • View Profile
Poll #2, this time the big guys, legendaries and the familiars.

I find this pretty impossible to choose.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2016, 08:53:39 AM by Halewijn »
  • Favourite Mage: Bloodwave Warlord
When in doubt kill it with fire? I never doubt and crush them right away.

Laddinfance

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
Water Elemental isn't legendary, but he's pretty boss regardless.

EDIT: And I reread the title and see you added him on purpose. lol go me. Out of curiosity why? Is it because he's such a high level creature?

Halewijn

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 6
    • View Profile
Yeah, for some reason I didn't feel he fit in the other list. He's not legendary, but he's badass enough to be in this list.

He fits so much more between Alifiya, Kraken, Leviathan, Blighthearth, ...
« Last Edit: October 30, 2016, 02:48:49 PM by Halewijn »

Puddnhead

• Member of Arcane Duels; MageCast Co-host
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 8
    • View Profile
Cassiel.  All the way.  No contenders.
  • Favourite Mage: Salenia Forcemaster

farkas1

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
Suprised to not see Gerard get more votes.  Having the ability to get extra piercing or have extra mana to spend it on soldiers or pirates is pretty useful.  You also have to maybe think about him like a Brogan light.  Since he can get the piercing. He is 2 spell book points cheaper for out of school mages and costs two less mana.  Gerard does not have the high armor. 
He could be a nasty alternative to destroying conjurations.
  • Favourite Mage: Straywood Beastmaster

Kelanen

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
Suprised to not see Gerard get more votes.  Having the ability to get extra piercing or have extra mana to spend it on soldiers or pirates is pretty useful.  You also have to maybe think about him like a Brogan light.  Since he can get the piercing. He is 2 spell book points cheaper for out of school mages and costs two less mana.  Gerard does not have the high armor. 
He could be a nasty alternative to destroying conjurations.

Brogan's key power is Unavoidable, not Piercing. Given that you have to breach your opponents armour with all your creatures and attacks you either need to negate it globally (Tooth & Nail, Armoury, etc) or more usually keep it down near zero (Dissolve, Acid Ball, Rust, etc). One random creature with high piercing does nothing to change that...

Also, whilst Brogan is a great tool in some books, he's just that - a tool for the right job.  In the general case situation he's mostly worse than a Knight of Westlock, which gets cast far more often (and both are normally in the same book).

Gerrard is okay, but he's not as good as Brogan for specific problems, and not as good as Knight for general use.  The mana is a nice bonus, but a trap to rely on - cast Knight of Westlock and save some instead...

Halewijn

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 6
    • View Profile
I just don't like Gerard because it's a living pirate. I just don't get how he can serve the Siren. It's a very dumb reason I know, but I like having "theme" in my books.

The other pirates are either merren, deptone or undead which make TOTAL sense!  ;D

EricTheGreat12

Am surprised about Alfyia being so low in the rankings. The only downside being that she has to be 'prepared', she can be very good as an enforcer against most powerful enemy creatures, including their mage.

Artemis Dawnbreaker's Eye is another mystery; while both her attacks are full actions, they are actually quite powerful (and can actually be the Necromancer's worst enemy)

bigfatchef

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
Am surprised about Alfyia being so low in the rankings. The only downside being that she has to be 'prepared', she can be very good as an enforcer against most powerful enemy creatures, including their mage.

Artemis Dawnbreaker's Eye is another mystery; while both her attacks are full actions, they are actually quite powerful (and can actually be the Necromancer's worst enemy)
Artemis was my number 4. Very cool and handy.

Halewijn

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 6
    • View Profile
Sale for me. Artemis was number 4. I'm suprised metatron is this popular.

RomeoXero

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 6
    • View Profile
Re: Which legendary PvS creature are you most excited for? + Water elemental
« Reply #10 on: November 02, 2016, 11:28:10 AM »
I'm not surprised about Metatron. Temple of light kinda has had to sit alone as an accessory strategy, doing situational damage and conditions as needed. Now it's very possible to run a temple focused book, with each temple making metatron more and more useful. Im very excited to try this out myself!
  • Favourite Mage: Wychwood Druid
I love this game. Its awesome!

silverclawgrizzly

• Charlotte Mage Warrior
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 4
    • View Profile
Re: Which legendary PvS creature are you most excited for? + Water elemental
« Reply #11 on: November 02, 2016, 11:52:41 AM »
Metatron kills things dead. I've used him and seen him used to amazing effect. I really love putting Knights Courage on him.
  • Favourite Mage: Straywood Beastmaster
What we must all remember is no matter the game we were all newbies at one point.