April 25, 2024, 04:30:02 PM

Author Topic: How many people here use Tabletopia?  (Read 7344 times)

Sailor Vulcan

• Secret Identity: Imaginator
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
How many people here use Tabletopia?
« on: October 26, 2016, 01:27:50 PM »
How many Academy players use Tabletopia? And I'm not just talking about the demo version of Mage Wars Academy on Tabletopia. Tabletopia has been in open beta for a while now and I don't know if you can make custom Academy spellbooks on it yet or not. Are there more or less Academy players on Tabletopia than octgn?

Thanks!
  • Favourite Mage: Salenia Forcemaster
I am Sailor Vulcan! Champion of justice and reason! And yes, I am already aware my uniform is considered flashy, unprofessional, and borderline sexually provocative for my species by most intelligent lifeforms. I did not choose this outfit. Shut up.

chiller087

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
Re: How many people here use Tabletopia?
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2016, 06:55:44 PM »
I didn't know what tabletopia was until you mentioned it. I might try it if I can convince my MW buddy to buy into it.  We both agree that this game is best played digital.  We like the game and all but the board can get so cluttered...

Tyrnan

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2016, 04:39:23 PM »
Sadly the game hasn't changed much since the free demo version. The Tabletopia framework improved and is now rellay nice to use but for Academy there is still no support for custom spellbook. Since there are two copies of every starter deck you could build a custom spell book by picking cards from both starter decks and make sure the adher to the spellbool buildung rules, but there is no support for spellbook building and you are missing out on the cards from the base set that are not in one of the starter spellbooks. So to say the very least it's still limited.

I asked questions about the state and when to expect something new here and Aaron told me he couldn't tell me becaus the developers at Tabletopia were doing this. So I asked in the Tabletopia games forums roughly 2 months ago and I got zero response up to now.
At this point I am mildly disappointed with how this is going. It's not a big deal, I rarely find the time to play online but if at least the full academy core set with spellbook building was supporded I would definiteley use more of my rare free time to play academy on Tabletopia.
  • Favourite Mage: Darkfenne Necromancer
OCTGN: Tyrnan (GMT +1)

Arton12

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2016, 09:19:14 AM »
I would be willing to play it on Tabletopia. Or at least try and play it...

However, I find it's not very friendly to this game. Playing enchantments on your creatures is very fiddly. You either bury the enchantment card underneath the creature (hiding it completely) or you have to play with it to lay it just right on the table since the card wants to snap to the creature card or to the spot on the table where the creature card sits. In other words, there is not enough "freedom" to play the cards wherever you want.

This needs to be addressed.

My username is Arton if ever anyone wants to add me.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2016, 09:30:34 AM by Arton12 »

kiwipaul

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2016, 04:25:47 AM »
Nope, I am old fashioned and love playing live with real people, not with my computer.

Sailor Vulcan

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2016, 07:32:31 AM »
Nope, I am old fashioned and love playing live with real people, not with my computer.

Have you ever played Academy over video chat? There's a Facebook group you can join for connecting with other Mage Wars players, and its possible to play academy over Facebook video chat.

Mage Warriors Network
I am Sailor Vulcan! Champion of justice and reason! And yes, I am already aware my uniform is considered flashy, unprofessional, and borderline sexually provocative for my species by most intelligent lifeforms. I did not choose this outfit. Shut up.

Erebus

• Jr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2016, 09:52:50 AM »
I assume Arcane Wonders has a partnership with Tabletopia, but I'd be overjoyed if Mage Wars hit Tabletop Simulator.
  • Favourite Mage: Straywood Beastmaster
"You see the great thing about madness is that it's all in your head."

Sailor Vulcan

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2016, 09:59:10 AM »
I tried using tabletopia. Unfortunately  there seem to be even fewer gamers on tabletopia than octgn, you need premium membership to play academy, and there is no deckbuilder nor expansions. It seems like it was intended purely as a way to promote academy to people who might not hear about it otherwise, and not as an official main platform for Mage Wars online play. Otherwise I don't understand why there aren't any expansions nor deck builders on tabletopia.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tyrnan

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2016, 06:22:57 AM »
This thread: https://forum.tabletopia.com/index.php?/topic/642-mage-wars-academy/ on the tabletopia forum was updated 10 days ago. There it is stated that spellbook building is planned. Sadly no ETA can be given though.
  • Favourite Mage: Darkfenne Necromancer
OCTGN: Tyrnan (GMT +1)