April 28, 2024, 05:27:01 PM

Author Topic: Best for Build and Rush...  (Read 3099 times)

Guru of Mana

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
Best for Build and Rush...
« on: October 18, 2016, 03:57:34 PM »
Which mage is...
Better for rushing?
Better for building up economy?
Better for buffing oneself?
Please reply with your thoughts below!

Kelanen

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
Re: Best for Build and Rush...
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2016, 05:26:52 PM »
Better for rushing?

Does rush imply swarm to you or not (I've seen it used both ways...).

For swarms then it's Straywood Beastmaster  and Necromancer - nothing else comes close.

If you just mean an early onslaught aggro book, then most can do it if they choose - Forcemaster and both Warlocks do it well, as well as the above swarms.

Better for building up economy?

Any Channelling 10 mage has the immediate advantage, particularly Wizard and Druid.

Better for buffing oneself?

Buffing to do what? At the very least offensive and defensive buffing makes a big difference. Wizard, Forcemaster and Druid all do the 'can't kill me' tank very well. Priestess isn't bad at it, and Cassiel has helped.

Buffing offensively falls most naturally to ForceMaster, Arraxian Warlock and Straywood BeastMaster, but with the exception of a couple of class only spells like Galvitar, pretty much anyone can take a handful of L1 spells and do it - it's more that it fits the natural playstyle of those mages than doing something that others can't.

bigfatchef

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2016, 02:47:16 AM »
I would say that
- the best rush mage is Adramelech (face melter for example)
- best economy is druid, wizard and necro(!) (most spawnpoits, channeling 10)
- best tank (buff yourself) is dwarf warlord with runes. Hard to get rid of that.

Super Sorcerer

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2016, 07:30:11 AM »
ב"ה
Best at rush is a tough question, Forcemasters, Adramelech warlocks and Straywood beastmasters are the best rushers of their types. Forcemaster to rush in melee, Adramelech warlock to rush with attack spells, and Straywood beastmasters to rush with creatures. There is a strategy known as "Johktari Rushmaster" to utilize the Johktari beastmaster's fast trait in order to make an attack spell rush with it, putting hawkeye and akiro's favor on turn 1 and then double hurl boulder on turn 2. I never tried it, but It is a well known strategy (Arcane duels have a video about it, and if I am not mistaken, They invented this strategy).

Best economy is the necromancer. I've never seen a game involving a necromancer that lasted more than 12 rounds with his opponent victorious (except for a dual between two Necromancers).

About buffing oneself, assuming you mean a mage that kill it's opponent with melee attacks it buff by bringing a good weapon + bear strength + vampirism + defensive things to make sure you are not dead before you kill the enemy mage, I think the best so far is the forcemaster (though Paladin could be better, I don't have Paladin VS Siren yet). Many mages combine buffing themselves with other things (such as bringing creatures), which makes priests and araxian crown warlocks good at such combined strategies as well.

Werekingdom

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2016, 11:24:39 PM »
Best Mage for rushing:

Warlock:  The core Warlock is great for rushing since he is in school for fire, arguable the best attack spells.  He has a lot of curses, he also has the most HP in the game (38hp), so you can take a few more hits then your opponent. 
   JBeastmaster:  JBeastmaster is also great at rushing because of the fast trait, I remember taking two "hurl boulder" to the face on turn 1. Sadly fire is out of her school, so you'll see a lot of earth and lightening attack spells, (earth for damage, and lightening to stun the mage).

Best economy growing mages:

-Druid: The Druid is the best. with 10 channeling plus the vine tokens to slow down oncoming enemy's. you can spend more actions to upgrade your economy.
-Siren:  I think the Siren maybe able to act like the Druid, casting the "Shallow Sea" to hinder the enemy creatures. You can then cast economy spells.

Best self buffing mage:

Enchantment Buffing:
-Forcemaster: She has some awesome enchantment.
-Any Nature Mage: Fellalla (the annoying fairy) can cast the enchantments. Plus the nature school has the majority of the most useful enchantments.

Armor Buffing:
-Dwarf Warlord: The Dwarf is the king of armor builds. Runes!
-Paladin: I've not played him, but he looks like he can be a strong armor build. Good mix of Holy and War Equipment.
  • Favourite Mage: Malakai Priest
Kill with Tanglevine