April 28, 2024, 02:17:27 PM

Author Topic: Essen Mage Wars 2016  (Read 5700 times)

kiwipaul

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
Essen Mage Wars 2016
« on: September 16, 2016, 05:53:03 AM »
So updating from the last dead thread.   Will Arcane Wonders or Mage Wars be having a meaningful presence at Essen?

Pegasus will be present and I presume that there will be demo games among their mass of tables, ...

BUT....

Is there any official event or apart competition or perhaps a purely mage wars stand, table, ambassador,  door, sticker, badge, banner or anything?

Laddinfance

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
Re: Essen Mage Wars 2016
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2016, 10:21:25 PM »
Arcane Wonders is not able to make Essen this year. I know that Pegasus held a national championship earlier this year, but I do not know if they or any of our ambassadors in Germany (or surrounding countries) have any plans for events at Essen.

netzhuffle

• Playtester
  • Jr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
  • Swiss Mage Wars Ambassador
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2016, 01:39:31 PM »
I’m an Arcane Wonders Ambassador; I’ll be at Essen at the Pegasus booth and am in charge of the Mage Wars activities there. Sadly, it’s almost impossible to do events at Essen. The huge halls are too noisy to concentrate during tournaments and dedicated tournament space is way too expensive. I’m always having promo cards with me but for anything more than that, I’m afraid that Essen just isn’t the right event.
netzhuffle – Jannis Grimm, German Mage Wars Head Judge. headjudge@magewars.de

Boocheck

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2016, 12:26:00 AM »
I just wanted to be sure, so anyone related to Mage Wars or Arcane Wonders will not be at essen this year. No Bryan Pope fantastic appearance like last year. Right?

I would feel like a complete idiot, if i miss something like that again :)
  • Favourite Mage: Bloodwave Warlord
I am one with the force, the force is with me! (Warlord is still my fav mage ;) )

kiwipaul

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2016, 02:57:30 AM »
netzshuffle,  what will you be doing with the promo cards?   can we win them, do we get them by demos?  Do you just give them away?

Laddinfance

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2016, 07:46:35 AM »
I just wanted to be sure, so anyone related to Mage Wars or Arcane Wonders will not be at essen this year. No Bryan Pope fantastic appearance like last year. Right?

I would feel like a complete idiot, if i miss something like that again :)

Not that I know of. We've been talking about possibilities for the future, but this year we're not able.

Boocheck

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2016, 09:43:39 AM »
Thank you for information :)

AW is one of the biggest deciding factors when comes to traveling to Essen :)

Looking forward to next year!
  • Favourite Mage: Bloodwave Warlord
I am one with the force, the force is with me! (Warlord is still my fav mage ;) )

Biblofilter

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2016, 01:27:29 PM »
Just a reminder: If you really want to PLAY Mage Wars go to Copenhagen.

Viking-Con is the same time as Essen.

You can borrow and play a Paladin vs Siren spellbook, and win 1 of the 70 spellbooks. (5/mage)

Essen is great for new boardgames. Copenhagen is better for actual gaming. And this year we have PvS!
  • Favourite Mage: Wychwood Druid
"Töten". "Alles Töten".
Best strat advice ever

Rain

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2016, 04:22:25 PM »
I’m an Arcane Wonders Ambassador; I’ll be at Essen at the Pegasus booth and am in charge of the Mage Wars activities there. Sadly, it’s almost impossible to do events at Essen. The huge halls are too noisy to concentrate during tournaments and dedicated tournament space is way too expensive. I’m always having promo cards with me but for anything more than that, I’m afraid that Essen just isn’t the right event.

Netzhuffle, I am planning on going to Essen if i don't have to work that weekend. If i'm there i will 100% visit you at the Pegasus booth. I'm also an AW ambassador since July 2016, so pretty new to everything, but sofar its working out pretty fine. But would be nice for me to talk to  a fellow ambassador and if able, learn some interesting tips and tricks.

Kind Regards,

Jesse Volckaert

netzhuffle

• Playtester
  • Jr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
  • Swiss Mage Wars Ambassador
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2017, 03:42:12 PM »
Sorry—for some reason I didn’t get or missed the notifications for this thread :(

netzshuffle,  what will you be doing with the promo cards?   can we win them, do we get them by demos?  Do you just give them away?

I always have promo cards (English and German) with me at the top 3 events in Germany (SPIEL in Essen, Spielwiesn in Munich and Role Play Convention in Cologne) and you can get them by just finding me (it’s easy: most of our volunteers there know who’s the Mage Wars Headjudge) and asking nicely. Bonus points if you tell me your name, where you know me from and why you love Mage Wars. Essen 2016 I gave away about 100 promo cards and was really surprised about that number, because you could only new from forum posts that I have them as we did not advertise that. :)
netzhuffle – Jannis Grimm, German Mage Wars Head Judge. headjudge@magewars.de