April 25, 2024, 04:21:30 AM

Author Topic: Comprehensive Enchantment Transfusion Clarification  (Read 28295 times)

SirJasonCrage

• Jr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
Re: Comprehensive Enchantment Transfusion Clarification
« Reply #15 on: June 13, 2018, 11:07:01 AM »
You might want to add the option of transferring demonic link to an attacking mage with the demonic mask.

keejchen

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 13, 2018, 12:08:01 PM »
Good ideas boys! Will research and update  :D
  • Favourite Mage: Sortilege Wizard

keejchen

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 02, 2018, 11:54:44 PM »
Alright, I have added clarifications for Pillar, LoS breaking enchants and the Demonic Link combo.

I did not want to dive too deep down into what Pillar actually does for the Upkeep Phase, it may be that I do not see the full scale here. The way I see it, transfusion can still not save enchantments like Ghoul Rot from being destroyed since the death and discard is instant when the creature is resolved and this happens independent of the Pillar.

What you could do with Pillar is: Wait with a reveal (like Regrowth or other upkeep stuff, that you would normally reveal at the end of channel), resolve burns and stuff first to see what happens, then do Pillar attacks and reveal the held enchantments here. Which again does not change a lot, but I can see that you may be able to hold a reveal that you would normally do, since you do not know the outcome of burns, etc., in advance.
When the Pillar is actually resolved would be determined by the one who has ini, so the combo can really only benefit the one holding initiative, further limiting its usefulness. I do agree, however, that this whole interaction is a bit wonky and unnecessarily complicated.

Am I missing some golden combo?

I guess I ended up diving a little after all. ^^
« Last Edit: January 04, 2020, 09:51:40 AM by keejchen »
  • Favourite Mage: Sortilege Wizard