March 28, 2024, 09:16:00 PM

Author Topic: Warlock experience asked for  (Read 13811 times)

kiwipaul

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
Warlock experience asked for
« on: August 26, 2016, 03:15:13 AM »
Wow, this demon summoning is tough.   Who has had sucess with this guy and his demons?   Any good tactics out there as he keeps taking a beating by the Priestess,   and Beastmaster, and Wizard.  They are all lining up to give him a good hiding.

iNano78

• Ambassador
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 4
  • Playing face-to-face in Ottawa again soon
    • View Profile
    • Ottawa/Gatineau Mage Wars (FB group)
Re: Warlock experience asked for
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2016, 06:45:32 AM »
I have 2 wins with starting deck vs Priestess. Started with Meggheddon (sp?) and the one that passes out Weak tokens. Put Demonic Link on each of them. Then started the beatdown while playing it safe with my Warlock.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2016, 08:16:32 AM by iNano78 »
  • Favourite Mage: Salenia Forcemaster

kiwipaul

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2016, 01:06:49 PM »
good idea, but starting mana of zero and 7 channeling is tough when most demons are 9 to summon, at least

chiller087

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2016, 01:04:40 AM »
A typical starting opening for us is to Mhegeddon into Vampiress into Sanguine Hunter, with Demonic Link on Vampiress.  Put the 2 damage either on yourself or Vampiress, depending on the game state.  Sanguines and Vampiress are probably your best units.  Get the Eye out as soon as you can, you'll need the mana.

Don't bring out Mhegeddon vs the Beastmaster, though.  He'll just summon a bunch of asps, boost them with Badger Frenzy, and turn Mhgeddon into a teddy bear.  And if you don't bring him out first turn, you might as well not bring him out at all.  You'll have to take a different route for that (the Demon that can toss weaken tokens would be a good choice if facing Asps).

Siphon Life is good to damage/kill anything with a built in Def, since they can't defend against it, and armor doesn't protect from it.  I'd take out a Crumble (if you're running them) for 1 Curse Item; I hate using full actions to take out something that was cast as a quick.

Theft of Life can be useful on Ehren to try to slow down the healing, but it's really good against the BM's Regen Belt.  Curse of Decay is usually too slow by itself, needs to be supplemented with something, maybe burns.  I'll edit the post when I think of more tips.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2016, 01:06:44 AM by chiller087 »

Halewijn

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2016, 01:49:07 AM »
Vampiress cannot have demonic link. I cheated my way to a win by that once by accident.  :-[
  • Favourite Mage: Bloodwave Warlord
When in doubt kill it with fire? I never doubt and crush them right away.

chiller087

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2016, 02:43:50 AM »
D'oh! Yeah, forgot we found that earlier on, and then it went completely out of our brains.  Goes good on the Sanguine, though.

shapeshifter

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2017, 06:25:23 PM »
Warlock is one the hardest to get right.
Turn One: Mhageddon is probably the right choice but doesn't leave enough mana for a second cast
Turn Two: Sanguine Hunter has the best survivability and attack for cost, and give him Gator Toughness.

Turn Three: This is the tricky turn because the set up barrier is gone and Mhageddon is still sealed. It makes that enchantment choice on Turn two so crucial, to know if you are the aggressive or control matchup. You are the defense if Mhageddon is taking a lot of damage this turn, I would recommend another Sanguine Hunter + Enchantment, the investment for what you get is still solid. If Mhageddon is looking healthy, I would throw down an Afflicted Demon, This is threatening two five attack dice attacks later in the game.

Turn 4+: Burn conditions and Curse of Decay take out low health enemy creatures. Demonic link is great on your beefy Demons, Sanguine Thirst is great on Sanguine Hunters. And don't forget The Warlock's natural Sacrifice of Blood ability to mitigate bad attack rolls. 

Sailor Vulcan

• Secret Identity: Imaginator
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2017, 08:03:16 PM »
Or you could just guard mgheddon, and then once he has too many weakd have mghedden start guarding instead

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320A using Tapatalk

• Favourite Mage: Salenia Forcemaster
I am Sailor Vulcan! Champion of justice and reason! And yes, I am already aware my uniform is considered flashy, unprofessional, and borderline sexually provocative for my species by most intelligent lifeforms. I did not choose this outfit. Shut up.

Beldin

• The Craziest
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2017, 11:13:55 AM »
Personally I would say no mhegeddon and run 2 afflicted demons and a demonic link each. These are not sealed on turn 3 and is a 12D attack threat onward from this point. Keep the buff train going with giant size and max out those attacks each turn. Ofc you are going to need plan B cards but I propose this as a solid Plan A attack.

Even if this is too much mana then do it slower, you dont have to reveal those enchants til you need them.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2017, 11:17:00 AM by Beldin »