April 23, 2024, 01:03:57 AM

Author Topic: Beholder...  (Read 7916 times)

Karadox

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
Beholder...
« on: August 12, 2016, 01:56:06 PM »
... i want a Beholder for mage wars!

Arkan/Air or Mind  ,maybe as Familier
  • Favourite Mage: Darkfenne Necromancer
The Night is Dark and full of fright.

Laddinfance

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
Re: Beholder...
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2016, 01:59:55 PM »
Beholders are the intellectual property of Wizards of the Coast. So anything resembling a Beholder will have to have some significant differences.

Karadox

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2016, 02:22:17 PM »
hmm, in Ever Quest Behoder exist to... in "Big Trouble in Little China" ís on  but the movie is from 1986, "Today" ist not so easy...
maybe some kind of Snail creature is a good replacement

Laddinfance

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2016, 02:38:17 PM »
I can't speak to Everquest, I didn't play it. However the eye creature in Big Trouble in Little China it's not technically a beholder, but it is a floating eye monster.

Sailor Vulcan

• Secret Identity: Imaginator
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
Beholder...
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2016, 02:49:15 PM »
You might like getting some inspiration from the main antagonists of the Kirby video game series: Dark Matter, an evil alien race of usually eyeball-shaped (but not always) eldritch abominations which reproduces asexually and probably feeds on negative emotions. (0, which is the being that creates and controls all Dark Matter, is probably weak to positive emotions since the love-love stick is one of the only things that can harm it.The nightmares in Nightmare in Dreamland, were created by Nightmare, which is almost certainly a form of Dark Matter, judging by its similarities to Dark Mind in the Amazing Mirror.

Not Arcane. Definitely not Arcane. Should be mind/dark. Eldritch abominations would never make sense in the arcane school. If arcane school found an eldritch abomination they would try to study and understand it, and when they failed to do so and inevitably went mad there would be no more arcane school. Inconceivable powers beyond time and space with inconsistent or otherwise impossible alien geometries which can bend reality itself and are sometimes inexplicably shaped like human internal organs for literally no reason whatsoever, must be kept far away from Arcane mages. As far away as possible.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2016, 02:56:13 PM by Sailor Vulcan »
  • Favourite Mage: Salenia Forcemaster
I am Sailor Vulcan! Champion of justice and reason! And yes, I am already aware my uniform is considered flashy, unprofessional, and borderline sexually provocative for my species by most intelligent lifeforms. I did not choose this outfit. Shut up.

Karadox

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2016, 03:26:50 PM »
Mind/Dark is cool to, i like Lovecrafts Cthulhu-Mythos and MtGs Eldrazi.
But for me "Beholders" from Voltari like the Mana Leech and Mana Worm I think I've heard that there are a lot more, and strange creatures in Voltari.

Sailor Vulcan

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2016, 09:45:38 PM »
Mind/Dark is cool to, i like Lovecrafts Cthulhu-Mythos and MtGs Eldrazi.
But for me "Beholders" from Voltari like the Mana Leech and Mana Worm I think I've heard that there are a lot more, and strange creatures in Voltari.

Voltari is the realm between realms and is made of pure raw magic. Not everything that comes out of it has to be an arcane spell, does it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I am Sailor Vulcan! Champion of justice and reason! And yes, I am already aware my uniform is considered flashy, unprofessional, and borderline sexually provocative for my species by most intelligent lifeforms. I did not choose this outfit. Shut up.

Laddinfance

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2016, 08:48:18 PM »
Creatures that specifically come Voltari will be Arcane. I suppose it's possible that not every Voltari spell would have to be, but the creatures would.

Schwenkgott

• Thunderdome
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2016, 02:51:08 AM »
I want a flying Spaghetti Monster! Oh wait that could hurt religous feelings :D
Akiro, I have never prayed to you before. No one will remember if we were good men or bad. Why we fought, or why we died. All that matters is that one stood against many. That's what's important! Valor pleases you, Akiro... so grant me strength! And if you do not listen, then to HELL with you!

Sailor Vulcan

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2016, 09:58:25 AM »
I want a flying Spaghetti Monster! Oh wait that could hurt religous feelings :D

Actually I doubt they'd mind, the Pastafarians don't get offended by that sort of thing. I think they'd actually take it as a complement. I know this because I've been to secular humanist events, and the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster was invented by atheists as a way to lightly poke fun at religion.

Gogolski

• Jr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2016, 01:03:37 PM »
Flying spaghetti monster has a quick attack that deals 1 die of damage and gives an equal amount of mana to the creature attacking (if it has channeling) or the controling mge (if it has no channeling)
It also has grappling.

...sounds about right for his holy noodliness... :)

bigfatchef

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 14, 2016, 04:50:17 PM »
Flying spaghetti monster has a quick attack that deals 1 die of damage and gives an equal amount of mana to the creature attacking (if it has channeling) or the controling mge (if it has no channeling)
It also has grappling.

It has to get the tomato sauce +4 trait!

exid

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 4
  • The longer the better!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 15, 2016, 01:14:03 AM »
It also has grappling.

It has to get the tomato sauce +4 trait!
NO! NO! NO!

tomato sauce is a terrain enchantment that gives +4 dice to the meatballl atttack!