June 27, 2024, 04:08:59 PM

Author Topic: Druid Seedling Pod  (Read 8740 times)

V10lentray

• Member of Arcane Duels
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
Re: Druid Seedling Pod
« Reply #15 on: July 27, 2016, 01:01:23 PM »

A second Mage Wand and an Emerald Tegu?

I run elemental wand. 2 spell points as opposed to 4, and you attach water attack spells to it. You can have 2 elemental wands in your book for the cost of one Mage Wand

Elemental Wand is Water 2. A druid is trained in Water 1. It costs 4 spell points for her to put it in her book.

Crap... that puts me 2 points over. I'll just have to take out some cards that aren't released yet. 8)
  • Favourite Mage: Wychwood Druid

Werekingdom

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 04, 2016, 06:42:16 PM »
Bridge Troll and another Rhino Hide just for him!

A second Mage Wand and an Emerald Tegu?

lots of possibilities here.

Hey quick point, you will only get 19 mana on your first turn, not 20.
  • Favourite Mage: Malakai Priest
Kill with Tanglevine

Squirrelmaster

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 07, 2016, 06:05:20 AM »
19 yeah my bad.
Just thought I'd give an update on how the build went.
I played a Priest and it was a pretty convincing Druid victory. Don't think I had any damage on me at the end.
The game started with the priest casting the vampiress and divine interventioning her to my square, but since the Druid is so good, i just keep my plan going and cast Togorah and smashed her. He then retreated and started to turtle. I just moved up the board with my raptor vines and Togorah.
Positives:
Seedling pods worked well with Tataree and at one point I had 9 man on one. not one pod was destroyed by my opponent.
Mage wand with Teleport was so good i must have used it like 6/8 times to move my rooted plants.

Negatives:
had 6 turns, and 3 in a row at one stage, were I couldn't do anything so a meditation amulet would have been gold.

Changes:
meditation amulet

All in all went well and had every answer for what ever my opponent did, guardian angel? no problem nightside lotus and put her to sleep.

Halewijn

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 07, 2016, 06:11:56 AM »
You really made me want to give the seedling pods another chance! Cool to hear togorah was awesome.
  • Favourite Mage: Bloodwave Warlord
When in doubt kill it with fire? I never doubt and crush them right away.

Ravepig

• Ambassador
  • Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 08, 2016, 07:11:36 AM »
19 yeah my bad.
Just thought I'd give an update on how the build went.
I played a Priest and it was a pretty convincing Druid victory. Don't think I had any damage on me at the end.
The game started with the priest casting the vampiress and divine interventioning her to my square, but since the Druid is so good, i just keep my plan going and cast Togorah and smashed her. He then retreated and started to turtle. I just moved up the board with my raptor vines and Togorah.
Positives:
Seedling pods worked well with Tataree and at one point I had 9 man on one. not one pod was destroyed by my opponent.
Mage wand with Teleport was so good i must have used it like 6/8 times to move my rooted plants.

Negatives:
had 6 turns, and 3 in a row at one stage, were I couldn't do anything so a meditation amulet would have been gold.

Changes:
meditation amulet

All in all went well and had every answer for what ever my opponent did, guardian angel? no problem nightside lotus and put her to sleep.

Thanks for the update. I also like the seedling pods.
No tree, it is said, can grow to heaven unless its roots reach down to hell. – Carl Jung

Squirrelmaster

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 09, 2016, 06:33:59 AM »
Thanks, going to play against a Warlock this weekend in an attempt to expose the Druids main weakness, fire.
This is because my mate and I think the Druid is so good and easily disposes of the other mages without breaking a sweat. Will keep you all posted.   

Ravepig

• Ambassador
  • Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 09, 2016, 08:01:48 AM »
Thanks, going to play against a Warlock this weekend in an attempt to expose the Druids main weakness, fire.
This is because my mate and I think the Druid is so good and easily disposes of the other mages without breaking a sweat. Will keep you all posted.

Raincloud!
No tree, it is said, can grow to heaven unless its roots reach down to hell. – Carl Jung