March 29, 2024, 07:11:01 AM

Author Topic: Tournament Questions  (Read 4363 times)

Rain

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
Tournament Questions
« on: July 26, 2016, 04:49:29 AM »
Hi everybody,

I'm going to organise my first event in Belgium at 1 of our local gamestores.

But arranging all of this raises a few questions:

1) Is there a list ( up-to-date ) of all the changed cards ( erratta )? Sofar i have found over 5 locations where they mention some of these but non of the lists were kept up-to-date, and if i am going to judge this tournament it is going to be important that i got all the cards correct :).

2) The wizard ability-card en wizard's tower changes, are they already being used or when is the date that they will have their effect?

3) How do other people/judges arranged the prize-support for their tournaments? There will only be some promo's Available. ( do all participants get atleast 1 and the players that end near the top get some extra? Some ideas are welcome to help me figure it out so that all participants stil have their share in goodies ).

The rest of how the tournament is going to be arranged is clear, except for the questions mentioned above.

The list of all changed cards is the most important thing i stil need.

I apologize for any mistakes made in my written text. English is not my main language :).

Kind Regards,

Rain
Jesse Volckaert

Kaarin

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
Re: Tournament Questions
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2016, 12:48:23 PM »
1) Is there a list ( up-to-date ) of all the changed cards ( erratta )? Sofar i have found over 5 locations where they mention some of these but non of the lists were kept up-to-date, and if i am going to judge this tournament it is going to be important that i got all the cards correct :).
Read rules supplement. It contains all of the changes in cards (but wasn't updated past 2014, but I don't remember any big changes other than casting cost of purify which should be 0). It's in the downloads section on main page.

2) The wizard ability-card en wizard's tower changes, are they already being used or when is the date that they will have their effect?
It's in effect already.

3) How do other people/judges arranged the prize-support for their tournaments? There will only be some promo's Available. ( do all participants get atleast 1 and the players that end near the top get some extra? Some ideas are welcome to help me figure it out so that all participants stil have their share in goodies ).
We used to do draft of promos. Draw (randomly or one of each) as many cards as there are participants and give them to top player he picks 1 and passes the rest to next player in order. Continue passing till last player receives single card. Repeat the process till there are no cards left.
  • Favourite Mage: Bloodwave Warlord
OCTGN: Wstrzasniety (UTC+2)

Boocheck

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2016, 12:47:28 AM »
Hey there :) Kaarin answered most of it, so i will just write something more

4 cards were errated - Battle Fury, Temple of Light and Hand of Bim-Shalla are from 2013 (i guess) and now Wizard Tower.
LINK: http://www.arcanewonders.com/resources/Errata_Cards.pdf
LINK: http://www.arcanewonders.com/arcane-wonders/wizard-ability-card-and-wizards-tower-errata

Wizard changes are in effect already.

Minor changes to some cards (clearer text) and some bigger like adding Soldier subtype to Skeletal Sentry, Goblin Builder can repair walls and Gate to Hell. Card database should have the "newest" version posted there: http://forum.arcanewonders.com/sbb/database.php yet, sometimes it still waiting for update :)

Rule supplement: http://www.arcanewonders.com/resources/Mage_Wars_Official_Rules_and_Codex_Supplement.pdf i will definetly read it!

Prizes in tourney. Well i organized at least dozen and at the end, my favourite metod is giving all who enter a small "gift" or prize. Randomly drawn promo card. Then standard prizing for first three places if prize pool allows it and then i do a "lottery" for all those who stayed and fight till the end except the guy that win the tourney, so he doesnt had a chance to win even this prize :)

It depends a lot on your prize pool.
  • Favourite Mage: Bloodwave Warlord
I am one with the force, the force is with me! (Warlord is still my fav mage ;) )

Rain

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2016, 12:23:13 PM »
Ok, thx alot guys!

I was aware of the hardcore changes on cards like "hand of bim shalla" and "temple of light" and so on.
But sometimes i keep facing those small rules that are also important ( for example "idol of Pestilence" ). Idol has 2 versions, 1 of direct damage and 1 that does poison damage, kinda important if you play necromancer or other poison-immunity cards.

I also read the supplement and all cards changed there, but not all smaller changes where present there.
Also the card database wasn't updated correctly, like "gate to hell" was stil the old version :).

But i noticed that it got updated, the supplement section. So going to check it out again and it should probably be ok then for me to use so i don't make any mistakes considering the rulings myself :).

Thx for the replies and ideas guys/girls.