March 28, 2024, 04:30:11 AM

Author Topic: Vote for more plant creatures and vine spells for druid.  (Read 24727 times)

isel

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
Re: Vote for more plant creatures and vine spells for druid.
« Reply #15 on: July 26, 2016, 06:58:10 AM »
i want a cheap plant (cactus maybe) When it makes an attack put weak conditions and poison), because there are too many plants in the world that have poison.

maybe will be good a trap vine spell, that works the same as the fly-eaters, but a more big to eat monster, and when you are in the trap you are restrained and every turn you suffer accid direct damage, because the flower is eating you, and you can´t escape until you kill the flower, this would be a very interesting card , because it would be the first trap with points of life.

An objet for druid would be a bag with pollen, and you can use every turn pollen that gives you heal, pollen that stun or gives allucinating visions for your enemy (When they are allucinating they attack the nearest object).

Wall of wood, a wall with regenerate 2, cost 5, levl 1 , wihout passage trait. ( i feel like nature need a new wall) That dont give line of vision.

krj

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 28, 2016, 04:30:14 AM »
i like idea of some conjuration which give obsured trait, i'm not native english speaker so naming the spells can be made much better i guess, byt lets see:
Tree of Protection conjuration, subtype:tree - it would give Obsured trait fand also would protect from range attack for friendly creatures including mage  in the same zone as a tree. (if protection from range attacks would be too good, it can be just reducing dice by 2 from range attacks) - that card would work nice for defense and offensive spellbooks

I'm also fan of making Seedling Pods more viable to play:
- Rapid Growth - incantation, target: Arena - each plant type object in Arena which has chanelling gets 1 point of mana. (this spell can cost like 3-5mana, depends on cost epic or not) and allows caster to speed up using Seedling Pods but also would have impact on Samara Tree & Vine Tree.

Gogolski

• Jr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 28, 2016, 07:02:49 AM »
i like idea of some conjuration which give obsured trait, i'm not native english speaker so naming the spells can be made much better i guess, byt lets see:
Tree of Protection conjuration, subtype:tree - it would give Obsured trait fand also would protect from range attack for friendly creatures including mage  in the same zone as a tree. (if protection from range attacks would be too good, it can be just reducing dice by 2 from range attacks) - that card would work nice for defense and offensive spellbooks
Mangrove tree!! (Hide in the roots...)
I'm also fan of making Seedling Pods more viable to play:
- Rapid Growth - incantation, target: Arena - each plant type object in Arena which has chanelling gets 1 point of mana. (this spell can cost like 3-5mana, depends on cost epic or not) and allows caster to speed up using Seedling Pods but also would have impact on Samara Tree & Vine Tree.
Great idea!

If "Rapid Growth" costs 5 mana and a quick action, then it seems be little expensive...
Of course, your pods bloom a round sooner, but 'borrowing' the mana from your druid in this way wiil leave her mana starved and if she can only support one pod to bloom the next round, the other pods might become targets...
I think I would like this a little more as an echantment:

Rapid Growth
Quick action
Target: zone
Cost: 2 / 5
Dissipate 3
Effect: Each upkeep phase all friendly plant creatures and conjurations up to 1 zone away that have channeling receive 1 mana, then remove one dissipate token. After removing the last token, destroy Rapid Growth.

It costs a little more, but it can yield more mana over the three rounds. It can be dispelled. But I think it gives you better timing opportunities to let your pods bloom one after the other without running out of mana because you tried to cast two or three plants in one deployment phase...

isel

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 28, 2016, 03:44:10 PM »
Well, one more.

Plants, drink water, maybe with syren upcoming, would be good a new trait that gives more attack or something, vs the acuatic creatures, or maybe when a plant creature kills an acuatic creature, it gains a gwoth condition,

Now with paladin and syren they will have an enormous creature, while targorath its useless...(no quick attack).

i believe its time to put in syren new plants with beneficts when attack acuatic creatures or they stand in acuatic terrains. (algae).

and make new versions of the old creature plants, with another change,
A new vine snapper with and special devour, when devour he must get a growth condition.

Another change in a plant, i believe its neccesary, its the "snacht" in the thornlasher, i can´t believe that when you snacht a flying creature, that you WANT to kill, you , make a soft take land, when you snacht, normal would be, when you snacht a flying creature, you crash it against the floor!!!.

Well, that was another couple of ideas to help new creatures.
Need more?

krj

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 28, 2016, 06:10:11 PM »
thanks @Gogolski :)

i have two other ideas:
first one is connected with Seedling Pods - a Creature, probably Tree with all that Uproot things, Regenerate etc. the cool things would be, when it gets hit it's reproducing (whenever this creature takes damage it can cast Seedling Pod from your hand or spellbook without any cost). Of course it can be limited to only once on a turn and to cast Seedling Pods only in this creature's area, but it's someting for testers :)

second idea is a vine type Creature let's name it Tentacle Vine (it should be level 1, so it's cheep and player could take 6 into spellbook) with poor stats on it's own, for example: 1 die attack, armor 0, life 5, uproot 1, regen 1  but with special skill that it gets +1 melee  for each friendly Tentacle Vine creature in different zones in Arena. Bonus counts only for connected zones.
Explanation: This creature is weak, but gets stronger when it gets bigger and takes more and more space on Arena. To achieve that you need to have as many Tentacle Vine creatures in contiguous zones, even they can be separated by walls, because vines can go in the ground ;)

isel

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 30, 2016, 07:30:49 AM »
an incantation that makes explode all vines in the same zone, and each of them makes a single attack with bleed condition.

-An incantation that makes a vine explode but indeed bleed condition, makes allucinating gas or a Fear gas that makes restrained a creature until is attacked.

-A Creature plant with uprroot 2 that makes range attacks 0-1 with WEAK conditions.

-An incantation that makes a attack in all the zone and need a vine token to make, and its effect its 2 Dice and throw pollen to blind and makes Dazes to all enemy characters in its zone.

isel

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 30, 2016, 07:37:54 AM »
a wood-nymph legendary, hates non plant creatures, when attack a non plant creature gains melee 2, has chaneling, can make level 1 plant and vine spells.

When attack  a non plant creature, if she makes damages she gain a mana counter, for only spells makes for her.

If a plant or vine creature or conjuration is destroyed in his zone, she gets a resentment token ( melee +1 token).

Halewijn

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 19, 2016, 03:58:43 PM »
Non-legendary Sequoian. (Level 4 or something like that)

Might work very nice with seedling pods. Mana cost can be high since the pods can charge for long times.
I'm a big fan of Togorah, but he is the only high cost plant there is at the moment AND legendary so it's impossible to summon multiple big guys with the seedling pods.

[mwcard=DNC06]Kralathor, The Devourer[/mwcard] is nice, but more of a niche creature.
[mwcard=DNC10]Raptor Vine[/mwcard] is also nice but needs support.

Overall I would like to be able to summon level 4 trees to battle along side my druid. Also, It would be cool if the alternate druid would have abilities linked to tree creatures instead of tree conjurations. (Sequoian-bond  8) )

• Favourite Mage: Bloodwave Warlord
When in doubt kill it with fire? I never doubt and crush them right away.

bigfatchef

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 20, 2016, 02:39:33 PM »
Since most plant that are able to attack (by the way: i don't really get why corrosive orchid and nightshade lotus aren't creatures but use ready markers instead) at least level 2 and 7 mana, I would love to get some cheaper swarm ones. 4 mana, 4 life, regen1, 1 attack die with possible bleed or so. Comparable to asp vut vine, you know?!
Also a second snatcher would be nice to get more diversity in those druid books. Thornslashers are really druid standart are and get a boring by this fact. Same thing with a possible different vine-marker-incantation-attack to burst of thorns.

All together the druid is strong and in my eyes simply needs more variation.

Werekingdom

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 20, 2016, 06:50:21 PM »
First I think the Druid is doing fine with the plants she has, I tend to use animal and bugs anyways.

What I would like is:
-Small movable creature (Ent), since the vinesnapper and thornlasher are unmovable.
-A non-flammable creature.
-A Small creature that has armor, (1 or 2 armor).

What maybe fun:
-Creature with acid attack.
-A conjuration that acts like the Warlords trebuchet/ballista.
-A Flower looking creature.
-More Fairies.
  • Favourite Mage: Malakai Priest
Kill with Tanglevine

Mystery

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 21, 2016, 08:45:10 AM »
First I think the Druid is doing fine with the plants she has, I tend to use animal and bugs anyways.

What I would like is:
-Small movable creature (Ent), since the vinesnapper and thornlasher are unmovable.

What maybe fun:
-More Fairies.

you have tons of non-flamable creatures already in school, non flameable plants are kind of very unlogical

Werekingdom

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 21, 2016, 06:15:50 PM »

What I would like is:

What maybe fun:
-More Fairies.

you have tons of non-flamable creatures already in school, non flameable plants are kind of very unlogical

True, I was thinking more of along the line of a swamp monsters (A soggy humanoid form). Maybe a swamp Wurm would be cool (it would not be a plant).
  • Favourite Mage: Malakai Priest
Kill with Tanglevine

farkas1

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 21, 2016, 08:52:13 PM »
Plague Vine Creature

Acid attack removes armor similar to acid ball but also adds chance to rot
When it attacks place a seedling pod virus token on corporeal creatures.

Once creature dies spawns two seedling pod spawns in replace of creature destroyed. 

These pods start channeling once they are placed on a creature and channel 2 instead of one. 

When you spawn a plant creature from the pod it Has the infected traits of having finite life and loses regneration.  it also starts with a rot token on it as well.  It also can now place one seedling virus token on a creature.

The idea is to have a swarm of plant based creatures limiting their natural capabilities of regneration but allowing them to spawn plants at a faster rate. 

Second creature I would like to see is a combination of a hive and insects being able to spawn from it.  It is a zombie insect that can fly and has dodge chance.  Low health.  If it attacks it has a chance to attach and control the creature it attacked.  If successful the creature can immediately move and or attack by the controller of the zombie insect  for this round.  Again this ability is for only corporeal creatures. 

Both creatures can be used against undead corporeal creatures.   
  • Favourite Mage: Straywood Beastmaster

wtcannonjr

• Ambassador of Wychwood
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
    • WBC Mage Wars Tournament
« Reply #28 on: October 22, 2016, 06:50:39 AM »
Aquatic plants like seaweed could be used by druid and siren. Let's try and cross-pollinate. ☺
  • Favourite Mage: Wychwood Druid
"Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced." - James Baldwin

Super Sorcerer

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 23, 2016, 05:46:45 AM »
ב"ה
A plant that shoots with a range of 2. If he spit acid all the better, if he spit thorns it is good as well.
A plant that grapple.
I really can't ask for anything that would make the druid way much stronger, since it is currently one of the stronger mages.