April 29, 2024, 03:09:00 PM

Author Topic: Lifelink+0 in standard arena team play?  (Read 1533 times)

Sailor Vulcan

• Secret Identity: Imaginator
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
Lifelink+0 in standard arena team play?
« on: July 08, 2016, 12:45:20 PM »
I know that it's been said that team play ends too suddenly and anticlimactically without lifelink or shared life, but I suspect that's due to a combination of teleport being overpowered in team play and the higher difficulty in team play due to actually needing the additional skill of teamwork on top of all the skills needed in 1v1. I suspect that lifelink is better as "training wheels" for players new to team play. Plus, if we ever want to have time for official team tournaments at conventions or something, then there's no way it's going to work with lifelink. And lifelink effectively makes it so that no one is ever going to want to play 3 on 3. It would take all day!

Usually the first team to teleport an enemy mage wins the game, at least in my experience and of those few I've talked to about team play. That being said, it could be that the solution to this is merely better teamwork. After all most people have very little practice with team play, the format has pretty much no metagame so far, and most people just use their regular 1v1 oriented spellbooks in the format, so who knows.

What are everyone's thoughts on this?
  • Favourite Mage: Salenia Forcemaster
I am Sailor Vulcan! Champion of justice and reason! And yes, I am already aware my uniform is considered flashy, unprofessional, and borderline sexually provocative for my species by most intelligent lifeforms. I did not choose this outfit. Shut up.