Author Topic: Frost  (Read 7401 times)

farkas1

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
Frost
« on: June 23, 2016, 10:09:21 PM »
Just like many others wonder and are curious how the frost mechanic will function in Mage Wars.  I have read the forums,  borrowed some ideas, and created a version of the Frost mechanic.  I want to base this design on how I feel frost would function in the most thematic way possible.   Let me know what you think.

Frost mechanic.  Example: When hit with a frost attack trait: roll a d12 on a +7 add a frost marker . 

Frost funtions this way.  creature gains the slow trait and one direct frost damage. A creature with a frost marker attacks roll a d12: on a 7+ Creature may Attack

Secondly when frost stacks a second time, add another frost marker and creature receives one more direct damage.  On a third frost add 1 direct damage and the creature is now frozen.  Flip over both frost markers to frozen sides.

Frozen condition: creature is incapacitated gains +2 armor, upkeep 1 direct damage  and remove only 1 frozen marker per upkeep. 

• Favourite Mage: Straywood Beastmaster

Knabbmaster

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
Re: Frost
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2016, 06:46:33 AM »
I was thinking something more in the lines of:

Creature is unable to attack or guard and also gains the restrained trait while having one or more frost condition markers on it. Instead of taking a move action the creature can remove a number frost condition markers from itself equal to its  level.

defrost: Reduce the amount of damage dealt by this attack by the number of frost conditions on the target then remove frost conditons equal to the amount of damage rolled.
  • Favourite Mage: Darkfenne Necromancer