April 23, 2024, 10:51:34 PM

Author Topic: Etheria: Axis Powers Special--Araxia Rising! Part 1  (Read 6445 times)

Sailor Vulcan

• Secret Identity: Imaginator
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
Etheria: Axis Powers Special--Araxia Rising! Part 1
« on: June 08, 2016, 07:13:44 AM »
This episode, we're going to take a deep look into the dark side of human nature. Trigger warnings include...well, anything you'd expect from any of the worst concentration camps in modern history. I'm going to do my best to keep the graphicness toned down. Anything that's too graphic for a young audience will not be shown explicitly, but might still be referenced or implied. Real life curse words will be bleeped out. I might also come up with some fictional Etherian curse words to use instead.

There will still be humor like usual, but this time it will be of the dark, bitter and existential variety. You will want to laugh and cry and puke all at the same time. If this episode seems insensitive or in poor taste to you, I am sorry. I put a lot of work into the making of this episode, and I tried to make it treat its subject matter with all of the respect it deserves. I do not intend to make light of human suffering--only of the ridiculous incompetence of the human species, that we allow atrocities to happen even though the vast majority of us really don't want atrocities to happen. I think it goes without saying that viewer discretion is advised.

This is the tale of a young man's journey into the heart of the abyss, only to discover that he had never really left home in the first place; the modern era is not modern, but rather a dark age that just so happens to be a tiny bit less dark than the previous ones were.

There is always a price for a better world, but probably not for the reasons you think.

And now, without further ado, presenting...

Etheria: Axis Powers Special
Arraxia Rising!

Part 1: Danny Sue, Hell's Security Inspector

Arraxia sat on his throne with a bowl of ulnar-bone salad in front of him, drinking in the agonized screams of the damned from his wine glass with a look of rapt bliss on his face.

Standing before him was a trembling young man, wearing plain black trousers and a black polo-shirt, with a baseball cap that covered his short brown hair and frightened brown eyes. He was shaking so badly, it looked like he had to use the toilet!

Perhaps he did. Some humans had that reaction around Arraxia. Most of the others just died on the spot, but that was because most of the time people saw Arraxia, it was on his home plane of Infernia which was on fire all the time due to its omnipresent furnace. Any human who entered would be incinerated.

Well, not always. Let met tell you a secret about Infernia, something that Arraxia would never want any outsiders to know: The omnipresent furnace can be turned off. That's right, all of the fires of Hell can be quenched! In fact, it's very easy to do. All it takes is to say or think the infernal password with the intention of turning the furnace off.

All prisoners of Infernia are told the current infernal password upon arrival, and whenever the password changes the entire population of infernal prisoners is notified. Anyone who tries to use the password without authorization is made a grisly example of--even more so than usual, which, since Infernia is basically Hell, is quite a lot. As a result, prisoners almost never dare to use the password.

Today, however, Arraxia had used the password himself. It wouldn't do for his new home security inspector to burn to death before he got a tour of the facilities and made his report.

The trembling young man standing before him didn't seem to be inclined to speak any time soon. Arraxia raised an eyebrow, making him squeal in fright.

"WELL? I HAVEN'T GOT ALL DAY," Arraxia boomed.

The man screamed, and began hyperventilating. Once he had finally asserted some control over himself, he cast his gaze to the floor, and spoke in a weak, stuttering voice.

"M-m-m-my name i-i-s Danny S-S-Sue. I...I...I'm here for...for...the s-security i-i-inspection."

"VERY GOOD," Arraxia boomed. He stepped down from his throne and approached Mr. Sue, towering over him. "IF YOU WILL FOLLOW ME, I WILL GIVE YOU A TOUR OF THE FACILITIES."

Arraxia turned his back and began walking down the hallway. Reluctantly, Danny Sue followed.
---
What do you think so far? I would love to hear from you! What you liked, what you didn't like, what you think I can improve, or just some general thoughts.

Stay tuned for Part 2, in which Arraxia gives Danny Sue a tour of his home!

Don't forget to review!
« Last Edit: June 08, 2016, 09:13:20 AM by Sailor Vulcan »
  • Favourite Mage: Salenia Forcemaster
I am Sailor Vulcan! Champion of justice and reason! And yes, I am already aware my uniform is considered flashy, unprofessional, and borderline sexually provocative for my species by most intelligent lifeforms. I did not choose this outfit. Shut up.