April 27, 2024, 09:10:21 AM

Author Topic: Goblin Builder  (Read 10641 times)

Tyrnan

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
Goblin Builder
« on: June 01, 2016, 08:30:03 AM »
Sadly, I don't own a copy of the new [mwcard=FWC04]Goblin Builder[/mwcard] to show that it can now repair Walls... and  if memory serves, there's an unfortunate typo "...Corporeal conjuration in or boardering his zone" or something like that.
Can it be confirmed, that Goblin Builder has been changed to be able to repair walls now? I searched the forums but the only hint that this really happened was in the post quoted above.
  • Favourite Mage: Darkfenne Necromancer
OCTGN: Tyrnan (GMT +1)

Boocheck

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
Re: Goblin Builder
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2016, 08:32:53 AM »
I would rather wait for Ladifance or some other forum members with higher Banana Sticker status to confirm that, but if my memory serves me right, i am positive that he can repair walls now. But dont take me as an official on this :)
  • Favourite Mage: Bloodwave Warlord
I am one with the force, the force is with me! (Warlord is still my fav mage ;) )

iNano78

• Ambassador
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 4
  • Playing face-to-face in Ottawa again soon
    • View Profile
    • Ottawa/Gatineau Mage Wars (FB group)
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2016, 08:46:38 AM »
I would rather wait for Ladifance or some other forum members with higher Banana Sticker status to confirm that, but if my memory serves me right, i am positive that he can repair walls now. But dont take me as an official on this :)

I have no banana stickers, but I've seen the card with my own eyes.  The latest "Arena" version of Forcemaster vs. Warlord includes a Goblin Builder with card text:

Repair
Remove 1 damage from a Corporeal conjuration in, or boarding, his zone.

(yes, including that typo)

I'll see if I can get the guy with the card to post a photo of it, because it might be a few years before the online card database sees an update.
  • Favourite Mage: Salenia Forcemaster

exid

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 4
  • The longer the better!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2016, 09:01:40 AM »
I'll see if I can get the guy with the card to post a photo of it, because it might be a few years before the online card database sees an update.

we really need a new version of the rulles supplement...

BigL16

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2016, 09:06:22 AM »

I have no banana stickers, but I've seen the card with my own eyes.  The latest "Arena" version of Forcemaster vs. Warlord includes a Goblin Builder with card text:

Repair
Remove 1 damage from a Corporeal conjuration in, or boarding, his zone.

(yes, including that typo)

I can confirm this, as it's my copy iNano is referring to.  I will post a picture of it when I get home to help you guys out.

netzhuffle

• Playtester
  • Jr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
  • Swiss Mage Wars Ambassador
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2016, 01:10:55 PM »
I’m neither Laddinfance nor do I have Banana Stickers, but as the German head judge I can confirm this change.
netzhuffle – Jannis Grimm, German Mage Wars Head Judge. headjudge@magewars.de

Laddinfance

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2016, 02:44:38 PM »
Yes, Goblin Builder can repair walls.

Since my design project is finished, right now I'm trying to catch up on a few things, like Ambassador Applications and such. Once that is done I'll be working on updates to the supplement and trying to figure out our spellbook builder so that it can be updated as well. Those are the most important things I have. That's why I've tried to build some time into our schedule so that they can be addressed before the next set is started.

I have an image of the Goblin Builder on my desktop, but it was too big to attached to this forum post. I figure once we're working on the Supplement I'll be assembling all the cards that have had functional changes so they can be more easily identified.

bigfatchef

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2016, 06:22:28 PM »

Since my design project is finished, right now I'm trying to catch up on a few things, like Ambassador Applications and such. Once that is done I'll be working on updates to the supplement and trying to figure out our spellbook builder so that it can be updated as well. Those are the most important things I have. That's why I've tried to build some time into our schedule so that they can be addressed before the next set is started.

I have an image of the Goblin Builder on my desktop, but it was too big to attached to this forum post. I figure once we're working on the Supplement I'll be assembling all the cards that have had functional changes so they can be more easily identified.

Laddin, is there a chance the official and back in the days highly promoted App will also get an update?

Donovan

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2016, 07:39:33 PM »
Also look at the card number at the bottom of the card. I believe new versions of a card get a "-2" attached to it.

FWC04-2 for example.

Mine just has FWC04 and does not include the zone borders.

I think it makes sense for this creature to also repair walls.
  • Favourite Mage: Wychwood Druid

Laddinfance

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2016, 08:31:10 AM »

Laddin, is there a chance the official and back in the days highly promoted App will also get an update?

The update of our app is directly tied to developer who created it. We've been trying to work with them to finish their current update so that we can implement a permanent solution.

bigfatchef

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2016, 09:14:08 AM »

The update of our app is directly tied to developer who created it. We've been trying to work with them to finish their current update so that we can implement a permanent solution.
I am sooo happy to hear the from you! A permanent up-to-date portable spellbookbuilder (with import/export) would be totally awesome!

BigL16

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 03, 2016, 07:41:19 AM »
FWIW here's the updated card

Brian VanAlstyne

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 03, 2016, 08:19:35 AM »
Is this the only familiar that doesn't channel its own mana?

Tyrnan

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 03, 2016, 08:41:21 AM »
@BigL16: Thank you for the picture :)

@DevilsVendetta: As far as I know it is the only familiar without channeling that has been released so far.
  • Favourite Mage: Darkfenne Necromancer
OCTGN: Tyrnan (GMT +1)

Donovan

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 03, 2016, 08:49:04 AM »
Well that kind of sucks that there are 2 cards with the same number FWC04 with different texts on them.

Guess quality control procedures failed here. First of all the card number was not updated and secondly the text contains a spelling error "boarding".

Makes one wonder which version of the card is correct. The one that allows to repair walls or the card that does not allow that, which would have been easy if one of the card versions would have the number FWC04-2...

So the official statement is that it *can* repair walls, correct?
  • Favourite Mage: Wychwood Druid