April 25, 2024, 09:40:52 PM

Author Topic: Channeling Curse  (Read 4827 times)

Iudicium86

• Jr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
Channeling Curse
« on: May 18, 2016, 05:28:08 AM »
So while playing with a friend recently, It occurred to me that while there's Harmonize (+1 channeling for anything with channeling trait) could we ever see basically a curse to cause -1 Channeling?

Would be useful to shut down the economy of spawnpoints, familiars, and the ubiquitous Battle Forge. Or maybe even hurt a mage themselves for mana. Of course it'll be a quick target for a dispell, but so are a lot of other enchantments like a Ghoul Rot, Finite Life, Mind Control, Magebane, etc.

So would this be something viable?

• Favourite Mage: Arraxian Crown Warlock

Boocheck

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
Re: Channeling Curse
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2016, 09:31:31 AM »
Closest to the spell you are describing is [mwcard=MW1J14]Mana Siphon[/mwcard].

Each time, something that cause Upkeep +X it feels to me more like my chanelling was auto decreased :)
  • Favourite Mage: Bloodwave Warlord
I am one with the force, the force is with me! (Warlord is still my fav mage ;) )

Coshade

• Arcane Duels Host
  • Administrator
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 6
    • View Profile
    • Arcane Duels!
Re: Channeling Curse
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2016, 12:28:16 PM »
So while playing with a friend recently, It occurred to me that while there's Harmonize (+1 channeling for anything with channeling trait) could we ever see basically a curse to cause -1 Channeling?

Would be useful to shut down the economy of spawnpoints, familiars, and the ubiquitous Battle Forge. Or maybe even hurt a mage themselves for mana. Of course it'll be a quick target for a dispell, but so are a lot of other enchantments like a Ghoul Rot, Finite Life, Mind Control, Magebane, etc.

So would this be something viable?

I'd run it
  • Favourite Mage: Malakai Priest