April 24, 2024, 05:38:05 AM

Author Topic: Expantion Apprentice deck  (Read 6623 times)

rodrinat

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
Expantion Apprentice deck
« on: May 06, 2016, 12:30:52 PM »
Hello. I am wondering if there are official or non-official (but balanced) apprentice deck for druid, necromancer, forcemaster and warlord.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2016, 02:18:49 PM by rodrinat »
  • Favourite Mage: Salenia Forcemaster

jhaelen

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
Re: Expantion Apprentice deck
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2016, 02:35:43 AM »
Octagon comes with (unofficial) Apprentice spell books for all mages. They're xml-based files with the *.o8d extension.

Sailor Vulcan

• Secret Identity: Imaginator
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2016, 06:27:14 AM »
Octagon comes with (unofficial) Apprentice spell books for all mages. They're xml-based files with the *.o8d extension.

Those are for a different format, called "OCTGN apprentice mode". OCTGN apprentice mode is a preconstructed format with all of the first 12 mages, ability cards and normal stats are used, 3x3 zone Arena, and 60 point spellbooks.

The thing about preconstructed formats is that if you introduce new spellbooks to them, you have to redesign all the spellbooks to keep the format balanced. I wish this wasn't the case because preconstructed formats are otherwise quite ideal for trying out mages you're not familiar with. They allow you to get a feel for how a particular mage plays in game before you start building spellbooks with it. When PvS comes out it won't be usable in the current OCTGN apprentice mode.
  • Favourite Mage: Salenia Forcemaster
I am Sailor Vulcan! Champion of justice and reason! And yes, I am already aware my uniform is considered flashy, unprofessional, and borderline sexually provocative for my species by most intelligent lifeforms. I did not choose this outfit. Shut up.

jhaelen

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2016, 04:11:27 AM »
Those are for a different format, called "OCTGN apprentice mode". OCTGN apprentice mode is a preconstructed format with all of the first 12 mages, ability cards and normal stats are used, 3x3 zone Arena, and 60 point spellbooks.
Well, the original idea behind these spell books aside, I think they're way better than the 50-point spellbooks for the official Apprentice mode in the core set. Especially since the ability cards and normal stats are used.

I've recently modified them for use as introductory spell books for Domination. Basically, I just replaced any promo cards and added one or two of the V'tar-related cards to each book (increasing point cost to 62).
I made a couple more adjustments to a few spell books because they seemed to include effects that had otherwise been avoided, i.e. 'Flying', and 'Familiar'.

I hope to be able to put them to the test this or next week.