April 23, 2024, 09:21:36 PM

Author Topic: "Frugal" Divine Vampire?  (Read 2602 times)

Kosta

• Apprentice
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
"Frugal" Divine Vampire?
« on: May 02, 2016, 08:42:10 AM »
Hi!

I really like the idea of the "Divine Vampire" Spellbook. The only one I could find from 3 years ago uses some non-Core Set cards which are probably not essential: http://forum.arcanewonders.com/index.php?topic=12982

How would you replace the non-Core Set cards? I think that would be a great addition to the "Frugal" Mages.

Sailor Vulcan

• Secret Identity: Imaginator
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
Re: "Frugal" Divine Vampire?
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2016, 10:43:02 AM »
To be honest I kind of suspect Brogan would be better in core x1 only. He has piercing +3 and unavoidable, so he's a must have against forcemaster and indispensable against high armor opponents. Plus he doesn't cost triple points and since the priestess likes keeping her creatures alive longer anyways, you won't need the extra attack die.

I actually made a core set x1 only book  like this a while ago, but it was for 3rd edition core set before it was rebranded as Arena. I don't think I ever posted it though, and it's gone missing since then.

Then again, the core set has access to things like tanglevines and knockdowns, and circle of lightning, and if you use the vampiress it might allow you to spend more of your healing on yourself rather than your creature. So maybe frugal priestess with vampiress might work. I'd be interested to see what you come up with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: May 16, 2016, 07:51:20 PM by Sailor Vulcan »
  • Favourite Mage: Salenia Forcemaster
I am Sailor Vulcan! Champion of justice and reason! And yes, I am already aware my uniform is considered flashy, unprofessional, and borderline sexually provocative for my species by most intelligent lifeforms. I did not choose this outfit. Shut up.