May 01, 2024, 04:12:03 AM

Author Topic: Druid Leaf Ring and Vine Markers  (Read 2664 times)

Ravepig

• Ambassador
  • Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
Druid Leaf Ring and Vine Markers
« on: April 06, 2016, 10:06:05 AM »
I think I know the answer to this, but want to be sure. With Druid leaf ring equipped, am I able to deploy one additional vine Marker (from Vine Tree), for zero mana? Is the Vine Marker a spell? And if so, is it considered a plant spell?

Fairly new to this game, and have never played as a druid, so appreciate any help.
  • Favourite Mage: Wychwood Druid
No tree, it is said, can grow to heaven unless its roots reach down to hell. – Carl Jung

Schwenkgott

• Thunderdome
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
Re: Druid Leaf Ring and Vine Markers
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2016, 10:17:20 AM »
The Ring allows you to pay 1 less mana for a plant spell. A Vine Marker sadly isn't a plant spell, so you will not get the discount. (it is a non-plant mage ability)
Akiro, I have never prayed to you before. No one will remember if we were good men or bad. Why we fought, or why we died. All that matters is that one stood against many. That's what's important! Valor pleases you, Akiro... so grant me strength! And if you do not listen, then to HELL with you!

Kaarin

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
Re: Druid Leaf Ring and Vine Markers
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2016, 01:31:28 PM »
The ring doesn't let You discount what your spawnpoint summons. So let's take [mwcard=DNQ08]Vinewhip Staff[/mwcard] as an example. The spell used to put vine marker is untyped so You still won't get a discount.
This is the only spell that can give You vine markers, Vine tree modifies your mage non-spell ability.
  • Favourite Mage: Bloodwave Warlord
OCTGN: Wstrzasniety (UTC+2)