April 25, 2024, 08:54:25 AM

Author Topic: Battlegrounds: Domination card count  (Read 8306 times)

Cowbell

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
Battlegrounds: Domination card count
« on: February 22, 2016, 08:30:34 PM »
Hey, sorry if this sounds whiny, but is there a reason for there to be a few cards that dont have their full card allotment (6x Lvl1 and 4x lvl 2+). It seems an effort has been made to make it so that you have maximum possibilities out of one expansion (not needing to buy it multiple times), but there are a few exceptions in Domination.

Ex.
3x Altar of the Iron Guard
3x Slaknir
3x Skeelax
3x Oscuda
4x Gale force Ring

All the other cards have the right number of cards associated with them (except epics, which we get two of, which is more than generous).

I was just wondering if there was a reason these extra 6 cards werent included or if something went odd and resulted in me getting 11 ssclacks instead of those other cards?

Thanks

iNano78

• Ambassador
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 4
  • Playing face-to-face in Ottawa again soon
    • View Profile
    • Ottawa/Gatineau Mage Wars (FB group)
Re: Battlegrounds: Domination card count
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2016, 09:46:54 PM »
Hey, sorry if this sounds whiny, but is there a reason for there to be a few cards that dont have their full card allotment (6x Lvl1 and 4x lvl 2+). It seems an effort has been made to make it so that you have maximum possibilities out of one expansion (not needing to buy it multiple times), but there are a few exceptions in Domination.

Ex.
3x Altar of the Iron Guard
3x Slaknir
3x Skeelax
3x Oscuda
4x Gale force Ring

All the other cards have the right number of cards associated with them (except epics, which we get two of, which is more than generous).

I was just wondering if there was a reason these extra 6 cards werent included or if something went odd and resulted in me getting 11 ssclacks instead of those other cards?

Thanks

They're all Legendary - except Gale Force Ring, but it's sort of Mage specific. It had might as well say "Air Mage Only."
  • Favourite Mage: Salenia Forcemaster

wtcannonjr

• Ambassador of Wychwood
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
    • WBC Mage Wars Tournament
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2016, 05:44:46 AM »
Equipment was set at 4 copies per expansion. I think this allows 2 copies for two books which is reasonable for equipment spells.
  • Favourite Mage: Wychwood Druid
"Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced." - James Baldwin

Laddinfance

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2016, 08:05:33 AM »
If something is Legendary, then generally it gets 3 copies in a set, as there can only be one out at a time. Most equipment is limit to 3 or 4 copies, depending on the equipment.

Mystery

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2016, 08:05:47 AM »
bad that academy is not considered an arena expansion, so you need more copies for some spells again.

or we should have some arena toolbox thome.

iNano78

• Ambassador
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2016, 08:18:27 AM »
bad that academy is not considered an arena expansion, so you need more copies for some spells again.

or we should have some arena toolbox thome.

2 copies of Academy gives very close to the card counts you'd expect in an Arena expansion:
- 6x each level 1
- 4x level 2+ with the following exceptions:
 -- 2x Epic
 -- 2x "mage type only"*
 -- 2x Legendary*
 -- 2x Unique*

... so you end up a little short on the Legendary/Unique/Mage Type Only (e.g. 2x Academy Core only gets you 2x Slavorg, 2x Lightning Raptor, 2x Packleader's Cowl, etc) - but it's not too far off.

Mystery

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2016, 08:46:18 AM »
just that i want more arcane wards, crumbles, disperses, and dont care about tons of other cards.

iNano78

• Ambassador
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2016, 09:07:13 AM »
just that i want more arcane wards, crumbles, disperses, and dont care about tons of other cards.

I'd be pretty surprised if Crumble and Disperse aren't reprinted in the Priestess (and possibly Warlock) Academy expansion.

Mystery

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2016, 09:14:36 AM »

I'd be pretty surprised if Crumble and Disperse aren't reprinted in the Priestess (and possibly Warlock) Academy expansion.

probably will, but its like dispel/dissolve you need tons of. And the leather pants could also need more of those.

iNano78

• Ambassador
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2016, 09:23:36 AM »

probably will, but its like dispel/dissolve you need tons of. And the leather pants could also need more of those.

Good point about the pants.  Nearly all of my Arena mages could use pants, as they often have another glove (e.g. Gauntlets of Strength) or shoe (e.g. Eagleclaw Boots) or belt (e.g. Veteran or either regenerating option) and still want the benefits of "leather."

With the seemingly unnecessary inclusion of pants in Academy (e.g. they could have included a boot or glove or helm that does the same thing; "Leather Skullcap" perhaps?), I'm curious what other pants are coming to Mage Wars.  Chaps for the Paladin to allow or improve his horseback riding skills?  A mermaid's tail for the Siren to make her more proficient in aqueous terrain?

Sailor Vulcan

• Secret Identity: Imaginator
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2016, 11:37:41 AM »

Good point about the pants.  Nearly all of my Arena mages could use pants, as they often have another glove (e.g. Gauntlets of Strength) or shoe (e.g. Eagleclaw Boots) or belt (e.g. Veteran or either regenerating option) and still want the benefits of "leather."

With the seemingly unnecessary inclusion of pants in Academy (e.g. they could have included a boot or glove or helm that does the same thing; "Leather Skullcap" perhaps?), I'm curious what other pants are coming to Mage Wars.  Chaps for the Paladin to allow or improve his horseback riding skills?  A mermaid's tail for the Siren to make her more proficient in aqueous terrain?

"Unnecessary....pants...."

Hahaha. So true, at least in terms of deck design. Thematically, however...

Now I imagine using explode on leather chauses. That would be hilarious.
I am Sailor Vulcan! Champion of justice and reason! And yes, I am already aware my uniform is considered flashy, unprofessional, and borderline sexually provocative for my species by most intelligent lifeforms. I did not choose this outfit. Shut up.

iNano78

• Ambassador
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2016, 12:33:49 PM »
"Unnecessary....pants...."

Hahaha. So true, at least in terms of deck design. Thematically, however...

Now I imagine using explode on leather chauses. That would be hilarious.

That was pretty much my first reaction... It was an "Adam & Eve" moment when, with the inclusion of "Leather Chausses," I realized that none of the existing mages had been wearing pants until now!!  We've been so concerned about Dragonscale Hauberks and Leather Gloves that we never stopped to realize that our mages have been naked from the waist down - aside from their footwear, of course.  It also makes the flavour text on Leather Belt seem a little... odd... perhaps it was a hint (?).

(If I recall correctly, it says something like "What good are pants if you don't have something to hold them up?" or something like that)

Halewijn

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 23, 2016, 01:16:40 PM »
They weren't naked before the leather pants and they are are wearing shoes without you casting them.  :P (apart from the druid) They are just wearing their normal clothes made out of fabric/cloth/silk that don't protect you. A motorcyclist also wears leather clothes.
  • Favourite Mage: Bloodwave Warlord
When in doubt kill it with fire? I never doubt and crush them right away.