April 19, 2024, 12:41:02 AM

Author Topic: The poor pig and the great evil Wolf  (Read 5703 times)

Karadox

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
The poor pig and the great evil Wolf
« on: February 05, 2016, 09:37:32 AM »
I talk about RazorTUSK and Timber Wolf!
I think he is something missing (for Academy he is a good Card)

I can understand why the rules have been simplified for Academy,  but disagree about... characteristics that make up a creature, should be included on the card.
Since I play MW  Games, I thought always that the characteristics for the cards are well chosen. In Academy the poor Razor Tusk has its fate not deserved, if he would have Charge +1 he would also playable in the Arena.
Even though Charge is no constituent of Academy it is an constituent of a pig that having Tusks.
... into westeros (Game of Thrones would Robert Baratheon, still sitting on the Throne of the Seven Kingdoms, if it does not, a boar, would have torn his tusks into Roberts stomach.:-)
It would have, Charge, and the other keywords  listet into rulebook of Academy in a separate part, "with the notation "is used" in MW Arena "
The Academy is too small, the boar he can not have enough thrust take for Charge:-)

I think if someone likes MW Academy, he will sooner or later want to try his luck in to the Arena. He will encounter in the Basic Box the Timber Wolf and the poor Pig never see the Sunlight again.

And we MW Arena Player, buy even 1 or 2 boxes of Academy and get a poor pig, this by Charge +1 in would be played in the arena and alternative for timber wolf.

another point we play the arena for a long time a property fact is not / not yet used cold resistens ...
A Cub should have -1 cold, mother bear and her man should be treated equally fact it is almost Discrimination,
that they must freeze.

For beginners it may be good but he will not Remain a beginner and then he will realize the first very esteemed friend Basically is just a toothless loser.

That with the lightning Raptor is ok not use all birds fly and the Faerie is as small it does not come high enough but flying does she ....
« Last Edit: February 05, 2016, 11:51:53 AM by Karadox »
  • Favourite Mage: Darkfenne Necromancer
The Night is Dark and full of fright.

Halewijn

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 6
    • View Profile
Re: The poor pig and the great evil Wolf
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2016, 01:20:38 PM »
I had a similar comment about the bears. I completely agree! it's a missed opportunity, but I also understand that they don't want to make it more confusing for the academy only players :)
  • Favourite Mage: Bloodwave Warlord
When in doubt kill it with fire? I never doubt and crush them right away.

Mystery

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2016, 01:47:53 PM »
good that it comes up, i mentioned that already often on the playtester discussion on the razortask vs timberwolf.

But on the bears, they do not need that frost minus, they still have harder time surviving the cold than the grown up papa grizzly.

But including extra traits on cards is not possible really in academy if it wont be used there already. I feel a few cards simply won't see play in arena, but most can and will.

Halewijn

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2016, 01:52:41 PM »
yeah, I really understand why, but still, as an arena player it's a shame for the boar.

mama bear is full grown ;) and even cubs can handle the cold pretty decent.
  • Favourite Mage: Bloodwave Warlord
When in doubt kill it with fire? I never doubt and crush them right away.

Laddinfance

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2016, 02:32:51 PM »
yeah, I really understand why, but still, as an arena player it's a shame for the boar.

mama bear is full grown ;) and even cubs can handle the cold pretty decent.

it's a personal goal to make "swine strat" a thing at some point.

Karadox

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2016, 08:10:54 AM »
I like Pigs in my WoW times was my favorite pet as a Hunter.

« Last Edit: February 13, 2016, 08:15:50 AM by Karadox »
  • Favourite Mage: Darkfenne Necromancer
The Night is Dark and full of fright.

Laddinfance

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2016, 08:16:43 AM »
I like Pigs in my WoW times was my favorite pet as a Hunter.

Boars were great, but I loved the rhinos. Granted everyone in an instance hated you when your rhino knocked the monsters off the platform and into another set of mobs. Then you trained the whole instance and suddenly "you were the jerk who used feign death while everyone else got killed."

Fun times.