April 25, 2024, 07:38:08 AM

Author Topic: Just Brainstorming about a Lizardman Shaman  (Read 5627 times)

Karadox

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
Just Brainstorming about a Lizardman Shaman
« on: February 04, 2016, 05:35:34 PM »
Lizardman Shaman NATUR/(Dark Level 1}
Blood Rituals, Totems...
Lizardman living in the Jungle and Marshland.
The Lizardman Shaman comes from a sinister culture that is why nature / dark an alternative shaman from another nation / race could eg natural / air as school ...
The Lizardmen beds to a living creature the deep dwells in their swamp, a creature in a kind of "Cthulhu"
Abilities
Blood sacrifice
as quick action, throws 2 dice you lose life points in the amount of total and you get mana in half the amount, rounded up.

+1 Armor 1 Regen

Poisonous Blowpipe Level 1 Nature
Quick Action: 1 Dice and D12 5+ 1 Tainted
0-1 Range
Nature Mage ONLY
Artwork: It should look like a snake with open mouth.

Shamanic Totem Speer
Mage gains the Chanell 1 traid.
Quick Action: 4 Dice piercing 2    two hand weapon
+2 Dice counterstrike against creatures with Charge
Shaman Only

Ceremonial Sickle blade Level 1 Dark
Quick action 4 Dice D12 7+ bleeding
« Last Edit: February 05, 2016, 10:01:57 AM by Karadox »
  • Favourite Mage: Darkfenne Necromancer
The Night is Dark and full of fright.

Sailor Vulcan

• Secret Identity: Imaginator
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
Re: Just Brainstorming about a Lizardman Shaman
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2016, 08:39:31 PM »
Interesting. The life loss is pretty hard on him though. Maybe make it -1 life instead of -2 dice of life? Or it could be +2 dice of damage.

Then again, the way you have blood sacrifice working here harms your Mage in order to get an effect, which sounds more like something a warlock or vampire Mage would do. Why not sacrifice an animal instead? Or make it so that you get certain effects when animals die?

Like the weapons. Think you could make them a bit more shamanic maybe? Right now it looks like he would play more like a primitive barbaric warrior than a primitive barbaric spiritualist.

Really like the poison idea and it would be cool to elaborate on it. There is a lot of potential for natural poison effects and attacks.
  • Favourite Mage: Salenia Forcemaster
I am Sailor Vulcan! Champion of justice and reason! And yes, I am already aware my uniform is considered flashy, unprofessional, and borderline sexually provocative for my species by most intelligent lifeforms. I did not choose this outfit. Shut up.

Karadox

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2016, 06:43:29 AM »
Blood sacrifice
as quick action, throws 2 dice you get damage in the amount of total and you get mana in half the amount, rounded up. I Think now its ok

with the weapons I have to yet thought you do have quite something is missing that says Shaman

Boocheck

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2016, 06:55:32 AM »
For Lizard, i imagine Regeneration. So i would probably lower its chanelling and build in your idea with blood sacrifice combined with Regeneration 2 trait.

Also, Lizard and Poisonous Blowpipe... imagine Crocodile playing on Thrumpet :) but Ceremonial Sickle is nice! :)
  • Favourite Mage: Bloodwave Warlord
I am one with the force, the force is with me! (Warlord is still my fav mage ;) )

Karadox

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2016, 09:46:22 AM »
Posted by: Boocheck
« on: Today at 06:55:32 AM »

Insert Quote

For Lizard, i imagine Regeneration. So i would probably lower its chanelling and build in your idea with blood sacrifice combined with Regeneration 2 trait.

Also, Lizard and Poisonous Blowpipe... imagine Crocodile playing on Thrumpet :) but Ceremonial Sickle is nice! :)

Hehe, i Think Armor +1 and Regen  1 or Regen 2, i think lizards have a stronger Skin. i think he has Cannelling 9
« Last Edit: February 05, 2016, 11:18:41 AM by Karadox »

Karadox

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2016, 11:36:33 AM »
"Swamp Fly" Level 1 Nature or Dark Insect
Mana cost (3)
Defence 5+
0 Armor
2 life
proboscis sting
Quick Action 1 Dice "Piercing 1 only against living Creatures"

You can cast the Swamp Fly as quick Acktion.
Flying Pest Elusive
« Last Edit: February 05, 2016, 11:38:16 AM by Karadox »

Iudicium86

• Jr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2016, 05:56:13 AM »
This would be super interesting. Not only the idea of where his abilities might go, but in terms of species. I think expanding what sort of people inhabit this world really add more flavor. We have plenty of human based species with only the Orc being the outlying one. (elves=humans with pointy ears, dwarf=short human)

But if this world has basically an Argonian/Iksar sort of populace running around, what other really cool stuff could there be? Maybe some outright Demon mages, other animal anthro species (like mammalian types coming from beastmaster realms), what about a mage that's incorporeal him/herself, like a wraith/spectre. And if we have a Siren coming around that lives in the deep then perhaps there's also a high mountain or sky dwelling people that have wings themselves. When you take a break from human and human offshoots, it really opens up all kinds of wild possibilities.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2016, 05:57:44 AM by Iudicium86 »
  • Favourite Mage: Arraxian Crown Warlock