April 24, 2024, 07:26:12 AM

Author Topic: Future mages  (Read 4912 times)

Halewijn

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 6
    • View Profile
Future mages
« on: January 31, 2016, 07:44:46 AM »
After Siren vs Paladin comes out AW will have covered all schools decently and I was wondering what other kinds of mages people would be interested in to see in the future.

What I was thinking:
Wizard -> All elements a bit and lightning a bit more in particular.
Fire -> Warlock
Water -> Siren
Earth -> warlord
Air -> nothing yet (except the wizard)

So I would really like an air based mage, more specifically one that focusses on wind and the flying trait. We have multiple flyers in different schools but flying creatures are in general an addition to a strategy instead of the main strategy. If there was a mage completely focussed on the flying trait spells like [mwcard=MW1C36]Tarok, the Skyhunter[/mwcard], [mwcard=FWC13]Selesius, the East Wind[/mwcard] and [mwcard=MW1E25]Maim Wings[/mwcard] could see the light more often. I'm not specifically thinking about certain mechanics/creatures for the mage, but the general concept seems something that could be very cool to me.

What are other concept you guys think could be cool for a future mage? I've read about an ice mage and a barbarian? I don't see how a barbarian could fit in this game, what would he be like?
  • Favourite Mage: Bloodwave Warlord
When in doubt kill it with fire? I never doubt and crush them right away.

Sailor Vulcan

• Secret Identity: Imaginator
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
Re: Future mages
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2016, 09:26:02 AM »
-a mind/nature shapeshifter that attaches the creatures it summons to itself and takes their forms
-some more mages from under the sea besides the siren
-a "pure" arcane mage maybe?
-I would love it if there was an arcane/mind mage of some kind. Maybe make it some sort of enchanter that relies on prediction and metamagic and maybe some things that steal from the opponent, like steal enchantment, steal equipment and mind control? Not sure.
-mages trained in 3 schools!
  • Favourite Mage: Salenia Forcemaster
I am Sailor Vulcan! Champion of justice and reason! And yes, I am already aware my uniform is considered flashy, unprofessional, and borderline sexually provocative for my species by most intelligent lifeforms. I did not choose this outfit. Shut up.

wtcannonjr

• Ambassador of Wychwood
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
    • WBC Mage Wars Tournament
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2016, 09:40:52 AM »
I would like to see the Archmage added that is trained in 2 primary schools plus one elemental school. The abilities would allow the Archmage to battle 2 or 3 mages on equal terms and be part of a Battlegrounds: Archmage expansion.

I would also like some mages that had abilities based on Spell Types rather than schools of magic. For example, a Conjureror that manipulates conjurations regardless of who controls the spell would be fun. Or a mage that can give Incantations a duration by adding Dissipate markers to an Incantation when it is cast.
  • Favourite Mage: Wychwood Druid
"Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced." - James Baldwin

Drefan

• Playtester
  • Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2016, 01:14:28 PM »
-a mind/nature shapeshifter that attaches the creatures it summons to itself and takes their forms.

I would like a nature mage (think World of Warcraft Feral druid style) that's all about shapeshifting.

Being able to change in and out of forms in upkeep phase or before/after their action?
Getting special bonuses for being in Bear/Cat/Eagle and Human form. Only able to swap form once per round or something.

The Mage would be a very strong solo build mage and would be punished for running more than one creature.
  • Favourite Mage: Wychwood Druid
Octagon user: Drefan

Karadox

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2016, 02:22:48 PM »
A magician, I'd like to see in the "Arena".

The Night is Dark and full of fright.

Shadow Assassin,    30 life,    Mana Collection 9
Education:
training in the dark school, attack spells outside the dark school and holy spells cost triple at spellbook compilation.

Features:
Backstab
Causes in Close Combat +3 dice damage to inactive Creatures.

Elusive

Basic melee attack 3

He uses shadow magic, poison, and traps .... Examples...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Shadowsstep" Level (1 Dark ) Formula, Shadow:(4 Mana}

The "Mage" teleporting into any adjacent zone.

Shadow Assasin Only

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Schadowbolt"  Level (? Dark} Attack, Shadow: (mana ?)
0-2 zones  living creature

The attack, ignore the Target's Armor.
(? Dice}      Ethereal
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Poisoned Dagger"        Equipment
"Blade of Schadows"     Equipment

Creatures of shadow ... should be ethereal....
Nightmare

"Darkness"    Enchantment, Shadow
0-2 Zone
????????????????????
« Last Edit: February 01, 2016, 01:06:30 AM by Karadox »
  • Favourite Mage: Darkfenne Necromancer

Karadox

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2016, 02:26:31 PM »
I'd love to see a Lizardman Shaman in the arena, that would be cool: A human or elf would be a bad choice in my eyes. A shaman should represent more "primitive" people. If not a lizard man then just an orc, goblin or minotaurus :-)
The lizardman should have regeneration 1 and, or, armor +1.
  • Favourite Mage: Darkfenne Necromancer