April 20, 2024, 12:18:18 AM

Author Topic: Lightning raptor.  (Read 5382 times)

Rinc

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
Lightning raptor.
« on: December 30, 2015, 07:07:46 AM »
When I opened academy I really liked the lightning raptor. Imagine my disappointment when I realised there was only one in the box, but 2 or more of everything else?

iNano78

• Ambassador
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 4
  • Playing face-to-face in Ottawa again soon
    • View Profile
    • Ottawa/Gatineau Mage Wars (FB group)
Re: Lightning raptor.
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2015, 07:44:19 AM »
There's also only one Slavörg, Akiro's Game, Hoodwink, Packmaster's Cowl...  Basically 3 of each level 1, 2 of each level 2+, but only 1 of each Unique or Epic or "Mage Type only" (since you generally only have 1 of that in play / in your book at a time). Also, card counts are generally half what they would be in an Arena expansion - which makes sense since most card limits (in your spell book) are half what they are in Arena.
  • Favourite Mage: Salenia Forcemaster

Rinc

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2016, 02:50:08 AM »
After your post I went through all the cards again and I stand corrected sir!

Even though academy was not to my liking, the cards will be well used in my arena games, well done.

iNano78

• Ambassador
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 4
  • Playing face-to-face in Ottawa again soon
    • View Profile
    • Ottawa/Gatineau Mage Wars (FB group)
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2016, 09:02:30 PM »
After your post I went through all the cards again and I stand corrected sir!

Even though academy was not to my liking, the cards will be well used in my arena games, well done.

I've commented elsewhere (e.g. BGG) that, in general, an Academy player needs only 1 copy of the Academy core set, while an Arena/Domination player might want 2 copies so he/she can field the allowed number of copies of various spells (e.g. 6x Steelclaw Cubs, etc).
  • Favourite Mage: Salenia Forcemaster

Rinc

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2016, 05:04:00 AM »
Well, since it is unique I can manage without two. But it would've been nice if more were included for the arena games. Everyone I play with bought academy just to use the cards in arena, and I suspect that the majority of players will buy it for just that purpose.

Hopefully 1 more of each of those cards will slip into the next Arena expansion so we dont have to buy another set of academy just to get hold of some cards that is good enough to use in Arena.