April 19, 2024, 09:47:54 PM

Author Topic: suggestion for future OCTGN release.  (Read 4949 times)

arxiducs

• Jr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
suggestion for future OCTGN release.
« on: November 26, 2015, 02:09:37 AM »
Hello everybody! Thanks again, sIKE &CO for such a great octgn module for MW.
I wanted to drop a suggestion for future improvements and see if someone takes them up.

I am saying this as a user of octgn (with a small or regular PC screen) and as a youtube channels viewer (without a flying bandwidth).

My suggestons are the following:
1) increase the font size of the current "phase"
2) include the number of the turn in which players currently are. At a decent font size too. I know this is stated in the log, but as soon as it scrolls down rapidly you just lose that information and is not at hand when you need it. (i.e. you need to scroll up and find it)

Why? Because it will be more visible for players; but mainly because it will be easily accessible for youtube viewers (we do not have a pointer to dig out the info). You can skip planning phases, etc and know what turn you are viewing and if the action phase is already started. Such a time saver!!

I am not fully aware of what could this take, so... thanks for considering it!

Halewijn

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 6
    • View Profile
Re: suggestion for future OCTGN release.
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2015, 03:08:52 AM »
Not really a suggestion. But I noticed there is a bug with the upkeep of [mwcard=MWSTX2FFJ01]Harshforge Monolith[/mwcard]
  • Favourite Mage: Bloodwave Warlord
When in doubt kill it with fire? I never doubt and crush them right away.

jacksmack

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2015, 05:04:38 AM »
Not a suggestion either:

Forcefield with 1 or more tokens on step all attacks from wall of thorns.

I dont know if it also stops doublestrike / tripple strike with the removal of a single token.

sIKE

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 18
  • Ugh
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2015, 10:08:16 AM »
Hello everybody! Thanks again, sIKE &CO for such a great octgn module for MW.
I wanted to drop a suggestion for future improvements and see if someone takes them up.

I am saying this as a user of octgn (with a small or regular PC screen) and as a youtube channels viewer (without a flying bandwidth).

My suggestons are the following:
1) increase the font size of the current "phase"
2) include the number of the turn in which players currently are. At a decent font size too. I know this is stated in the log, but as soon as it scrolls down rapidly you just lose that information and is not at hand when you need it. (i.e. you need to scroll up and find it)

Why? Because it will be more visible for players; but mainly because it will be easily accessible for youtube viewers (we do not have a pointer to dig out the info). You can skip planning phases, etc and know what turn you are viewing and if the action phase is already started. Such a time saver!!

I am not fully aware of what could this take, so... thanks for considering it!
1. The font in the chat log is a setting of the game, so it is one size. I played with it the release and I made it bigger and changed the font so it is readable. I had several players look at several different sized and the one the we landed it was what we all thought was the best balance. If you are talking about the size of the image, how much bigger?

2. I am waiting on the implementation of dynamic proxy cards in the game engine. Right now the data is read once and the proxy card is built. With dynamic proxy cards, the game will be able to update the data on card. Once that is done, I have plans such as: for Domination a score card with the Win Condition and what map is being played.

I could easily add the same thing for a round tracker once this has been implemented in OCTGN itself.
  • Favourite Mage: Malakai Priest

sIKE

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 18
  • Ugh
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2015, 10:08:35 AM »
Not really a suggestion. But I noticed there is a bug with the upkeep of [mwcard=MWSTX2FFJ01]Harshforge Monolith[/mwcard]
What is the bug?

sIKE

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 18
  • Ugh
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2015, 10:09:14 AM »
Not a suggestion either:

Forcefield with 1 or more tokens on step all attacks from wall of thorns.

I dont know if it also stops doublestrike / tripple strike with the removal of a single token.
This has been previously reported and fixed...

Halewijn

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2015, 10:44:46 AM »
it asks you "want to pay upkeep for x?" and whether you click yes or not, it does nothing and gives you an error code.
  • Favourite Mage: Bloodwave Warlord
When in doubt kill it with fire? I never doubt and crush them right away.

arxiducs

• Jr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2015, 03:57:42 PM »
hey! thanks so much for all that swift feedback!

1. The font in the chat log is a setting of the game, so it is one size. I played with it the release and I made it bigger and changed the font so it is readable. I had several players look at several different sized and the one the we landed it was what we all thought was the best balance. If you are talking about the size of the image, how much bigger?

Indeed I am referring to the image.
I really do not know how to give you a reliable reference like this, but I would say that it should be as easy to read as the "mage wars" watermark in the middle of the westlock 2 player arena. Of course without the logo and horizontal, just to give you a reference.

2. I am waiting on the implementation of dynamic proxy cards in the game engine. Right now the data is read once and the proxy card is built. With dynamic proxy cards, the game will be able to update the data on card. Once that is done, I have plans such as: for Domination a score card with the Win Condition and what map is being played.

I could easily add the same thing for a round tracker once this has been implemented in OCTGN itself.

Sounds like great plans! love it! thanks for that and looking forward to seeing it "in the arena" one day!

Sailor Vulcan

• Secret Identity: Imaginator
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2015, 08:53:44 PM »

hey! thanks so much for all that swift feedback!

Indeed I am referring to the image.
I really do not know how to give you a reliable reference like this, but I would say that it should be as easy to read as the "mage wars" watermark in the middle of the westlock 2 player arena. Of course without the logo and horizontal, just to give you a reference.

Sounds like great plans! love it! thanks for that and looking forward to seeing it "in the arena" one day!

For the image, you could just zoom in. The reason the image is so small at the start of the game is probably because of battlegrounds maps being bigger or at least taller than the regular arena.
  • Favourite Mage: Salenia Forcemaster
I am Sailor Vulcan! Champion of justice and reason! And yes, I am already aware my uniform is considered flashy, unprofessional, and borderline sexually provocative for my species by most intelligent lifeforms. I did not choose this outfit. Shut up.