April 29, 2024, 06:55:44 AM

Author Topic: enchantment transfusion  (Read 2871 times)

drmambo23

• Ambassador
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
enchantment transfusion
« on: October 06, 2015, 06:05:54 PM »
If I am in a tight spot and need need to put a buff feom a creature to my mage with enchantment transfusion do I have to still pay the age bind cost if there is one?
  • Favourite Mage: Salenia Forcemaster
https://www.instagram.com/pistillidesigns/
Instagram and Facebook - @pistillidesigns

ringkichard

• Flightless Funpire
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 18
  • Kich, if you prefer.
    • View Profile
Re: enchantment transfusion
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2015, 06:23:37 PM »
Not to move the enchantment, nope!

Quote from: Codex
Magebind +X (Object Trait)
If this enchantment is attached to a Mage, the reveal cost is increased by X. This adjusted reveal cost is used for all purposes in spells, abilities, or effects which refer to the reveal cost of this spell.

Neither [mwcard=MWSTX1CKE04]Enchantment Transfusion[/mwcard] nor [mwcard=MW1I25]Shift Enchantment[/mwcard] care about the reveal cost of the enchantment they move. Since Magebind's only effect is to increase the reveal cost of the spell, you don't have to pay the Magebind cost when you slide the enchantment around.

Now, if you use Enchantment Transfusion or Shift Enchantment to move a face down buff to your mage, you'll still have to pay the full price to reveal it, and that would include any Magebind cost.
I can take the fun out of anything. It's true; here, look at this spreadsheet.

sIKE

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 18
  • Ugh
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2015, 06:27:29 PM »
No, Magebind cost is paid when you pay the casting reveal cost of the spell. You pay the cost as per [mwcard=MWSTX1CKE04]Enchantment Transfusion[/mwcard] which is 1mana for each hidden enchantment you wish to move, along with the Level of each revealed enchantment you wish to move.

Ninja'ed by Kich

Corrected
« Last Edit: October 06, 2015, 07:58:08 PM by sIKE »
  • Favourite Mage: Malakai Priest

DaveW

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2015, 07:53:30 PM »
No, Magebind cost is paid when you pay the casting cost of the spell. You pay the cost as per [mwcard=MWSTX1CKE04]Enchantment Transfusion[/mwcard] which is 1mana for each hidden enchantment you wish to move, along with the Level of each revealed enchantment you wish to move.

Ninja'ed by Kich

Just for clarity... the Magebind cost is paid upon reveal (not when cast). This allows you to reveal any enchantment that has a Magebind cost while still on a non-Mage Creature, and then Transfuse it to a Mage without paying the Magebind cost. The Transfusion does cost you mana equal to the level of the revealed Enchantment, however, so you will want to check whether the level is higher than the Magebind cost (which I am not sure that it ever will be, but still....)
  • Favourite Mage: Asyra Priestess