April 24, 2024, 05:22:01 PM

Author Topic: How does dispelling Magebound enchantments work?  (Read 6293 times)

the_iron_troll

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
How does dispelling Magebound enchantments work?
« on: September 30, 2012, 11:56:49 PM »
Magebound the cost to bind an enchantment to a Mage.

But does this also increase the cost to Unbind, ie, Dispel it?

Lothar

Re: How does dispelling Magebound enchantments work?
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2012, 02:54:07 AM »
According to the rules for Magebind +X:

This enchantment is a little tougher to attach to a Mage. If this enchantment is attached to a Mage, the reveal cost is increased by X. This adjusted reveal cost is used for all purposes in spells, abilities, or effects which refer to the reveal cost of this spell.

So yes, it would increase the cost of Dispel, etc.

Shad0w

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2012, 10:38:42 AM »
Quote from: "Lothar" post=1600
According to the rules for Magebind +X:

This enchantment is a little tougher to attach to a Mage. If this enchantment is attached to a Mage, the reveal cost is increased by X. This adjusted reveal cost is used for all purposes in spells, abilities, or effects which refer to the reveal cost of this spell.

So yes, it would increase the cost of Dispel, etc.

After looking over some of your rules post I think that you may have what it takes to be a store judge. I know Sean was looking for some people. I have not had an update on it for about for just over a week now. I think I may try to get an update from him this week on it.
"Darth come prove to meet you are worthy of the fighting for your school in the arena and not just another scholar to be discarded like an worn out rag doll"

Quote: Shad0w the Arcmage

halvor

• Jr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2012, 11:20:04 PM »
Wow, that would make a big difference. If the extra cost is suppose to represent how binding a spell to a mage is hard, it would not necessary harder to strip it away.

I say it is the cost listed on card. The +2 to cost for mage binding is suppose to be a penalty to the caster, not a way to protect your spells from being removed because the removal cost is so high.

Rumsey

• Playtester
  • Jr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2012, 11:47:32 PM »
It doesn't matter.  You have to pay all costs on the card to remove it.  Look at it as the Mage has invested more in it and it should be just as difficult to remove it.

halvor

• Jr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2012, 12:21:08 AM »
I guess it comes down to "fluff". I could see it go either way.

You are right though. the rules do say that the magebind cost apply to all purposes which refer to reveal cost.

Shad0w

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2012, 11:42:40 AM »
Always glad to see people double checking. That was a choice made back before my team got involved and it has stuck. The only change that was made was the key word "Magebind" itself.
"Darth come prove to meet you are worthy of the fighting for your school in the arena and not just another scholar to be discarded like an worn out rag doll"

Quote: Shad0w the Arcmage